NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

It makes no sense. All based off of the kid acting weird or interpreting a look. Every version has him being switched at a different time and none explain the burn scars being so old or why that Jason couldn't speak.
Also what would be the motivation for the chick to go and swap sons. Like, why do that?

Maybe I was missing something. But they had been to the vacation house before. But before, she was moving like she never been there, the way she was carrying on . Some little things had me confused.

My girl wasn't with it, she didn't have the patience for the movie . We had free tickets and she still kept saying we wasted our money :lol:

Obviously referring to being switched before the motions of the film was set in place. :lol:

Not possible because Adalaide has supressed her memories of when she escaped, she believed she was the original and just thought she had seen her double in that mirror room and ran out, so she never took Jason and swapped him out.

Yeah this the type of movie you have to let simmer in your brain and discuss after to start appreciating it, while watching it in real time it will fall flat with many people, lots of intended jabs at cliches that would fly over everyone’s heads as actually being intended....my wife pretty much checked out when they stole the Range Rover and the daughter legit locked out Adalaide and decided to have an argument at that specific time over driving, let alone once again the dad acting like a complete idiot...lol

Yeah this the type of movie you have to let simmer in your brain and discuss after to start appreciating it, while watching it in real time it will fall flat with many people, lots of intended jabs at cliches that would fly over everyone’s heads as actually being intended....my wife pretty much checked out when they stole the Range Rover and the daughter legit locked out Adalaide and decided to have an argument at that specific time over driving, let alone once again the dad acting like a complete idiot...lol
That was Sooo annoying. It made no sense in context with the rest of the rational thinking they displayed in the film, it was so out of place I tried researching on the daughter to see if any theories existed regarding her.

The only way that move makes sense is if she suspects her Mom.

That was Sooo annoying. It made no sense in context with the rest of the rational thinking they displayed in the film, it was so out of place I tried researching on the daughter to see if any theories existed regarding her.

The only way that move makes sense is if she suspects her Mom.

It wasn't that big of a deal . Shes a pre teen or teen who just wanted to drive and was being a brat.

Wait so ppl think the little boy got switched once they arrived at the house?

Y'all keep talking about a magic trick like real magic existed in the damn movie. Wasnt no secret tunnel in that closet.

Besides the kid's evil clone had burn marks all over its mouth and they were already scarred over. There's no way the kid somehow magically swapped places with his evil clone, burned himself, and then starts acting like that later that night with scarred over wounds on the bottom half of his face..

Don't know where y'all getting this from.

No, I think he got switched the year before when they were there. The place is like a summer family spot where they return yearly.

At the beach he is digging a tunnel instead of building a sandcastle like a normal kid would.
Sister even mentions that he’s been acting weird.

The drawing has something to do with it too. When lupitas parents are at the shrink, the shrink says something along the lines of finding ways to express her experience like drawing or dancing. She chooses dancing, he chooses drawing. I think he was attracted to the dude in the green jacket on the beach because he recognizes who he is.

When the kid locks himself in the closet, they reference some kind of accident that happened in there the year before, and warn him he shouldn’t be in there.

The dad also says something along the lines of “Jason hasn’t been the same since last year when his grandma died” same thing lupitas parents were saying when she got swapped out in the mirror house.

The kid all of a sudden doesn’t know how to do the magic trick anymore, that he was doing just the year before.

When they tell the 2 boys to go play, they go directly into the closet where they’ve prolly met before. And then there’s the connection between the 2 boys... How can he make the boy mimick his movements, just like lupitas learned to mimick hers (ballet) ....??
He also is the first to know the clone family arrives in the driveway, when the kids are supposed to be getting ready for bed. It’s almost like he felt his clone arrive.

I believe the clone burned his mouth shut so he couldn’t talk.

This movie is a mystery horror that leaves a lot of unanswered questions for a reason.
So people can debate and come up with their own theories.

Last edited:
The dad also says something along the lines of “Jason hasn’t been the same since last year when his grandma died” same thing lupitas parents were saying when she got swapped out in the mirror house.

His grandma died. Of course he’s not the same. Death changes people.

I like how the movie showed how fear, coercion, and manipulation are a part of WS ideals and American culture... and how those seeds are systematically planted into the unconscious mind of all races at a very young age. I am happy that the family fought the demons that were buried in their unconscious minds and killed their duality.

I think the song “I got 5 on it” was a play on how marijuana helps people burn through the fear of their unconscious minds, leading to the eventual manifestation of a persons soul or true self.

I hope the movie helps people self reflect... like it forced the family to do.

The movie itself was ok... but the message was on point IMO.

Last edited:
His grandma died. Of course he’s not the same. Death changes people.

Bruh, so after I gave all the reasons why he could possibly be a clone, this is your response... lmao.

When lupita gets lost in the beginning for 10 mins her parents are talking to a shrink cuz “she’s not the same” and they keep hinting at Jason being the same way.

The death is just an excuse for the family to write off his differences after whatever closet incident he had when he got locked in.

I don’t think the Jason got swapped gang are saying the mom swapped him I think they are saying his clone did just like fake Adelaide did to the real one when they were little.
No, I think he got switched the year before when they were there. The place is like a summer family spot where they return yearly.

At the beach he is digging a tunnel instead of building a sandcastle like a normal kid would.

The drawing has something to do with it too. When lupitas parents are at the shrink, the shrink says something along the lines of finding ways to express her experience like drawing or dancing. She chooses dancing, he chooses drawing. I think he was attracted to the dude in the green jacket on the beach because he recognizes who he is.

When the kid locks himself in the closet, they reference some kind of accident that happened in there the year before, and warn him he shouldn’t be in there.

The kid all of a sudden doesn’t know how to do the magic trick anymore, that he was doing just the year before.

When they tell the 2 boys to go play, they go directly into the closet where they’ve prolly met before. And then there’s the connection between the 2 boys... How can he make the boy mimick his movements, just like lupitas learned to mimick hers (ballet) ....??
He also is the first to know the clone family arrives in the driveway, when the kids are supposed to be getting ready for bed. It’s almost like he felt his clone arrive.

This movie is a mystery horror that leaves a lot of unanswered questions for a reason.
I see where y’all coming from this line of events makes sense (until other stuff is considered)

If Jason was switched the year before, explain to me how the OG assimilated yo captivity within a year?....

I get ya trying to dissect the movie further, but this whole Jason swap seems like a huge reach to me..

If Jason was switched the year before, explain to me how the OG assimilated yo captivity within a year?....

I get ya trying to dissect the movie further, but this whole Jason swap seems like a huge reach to me..

the reason is because our world is just as evil so he assimilated more quickly than an adult would/could

I can believe the whole Jason switch theory until the end. Also, if they switched I don't think Adelaide would have been yelling at the end (don't want to give away spoilers for those that still haven't seen) because she would have known the one kidnapped was her son.

the reason is because our world is just as evil so he assimilated more quickly than an adult would/could

No way bro, not in a years time would he as what appears to be a 9 year old boy would have dealt with the trauma of having his mounts burnt and completely taken on the persona of Pluto...that’s too much of a reach for me to believe...dude forgot how to properly communicate with others even if his mouth was burnt, learn to crawl fast as hell on all 4...etc

No way bro, not in a years time would he as what appears to be a 9 year old boy would have dealt with the trauma of having his mounts burnt and completely taken on the persona of Pluto...that’s too much of a reach for me to believe...dude forgot how to properly communicate with others even if his mouth was burnt, learn to crawl fast as hell on all 4...etc

i assumed his mouth was burnt because as you say you wouldnt forget how to speak in a year but Red had to keep him quiet for the plan to work

and maybe due to the tether that explains why he was able to mimic pluto so well

like how red and adelaide tethered could dance

maybe it works both ways

The clones were all tethered to their originals living everyday lives. Thats why I figured the boy mimicked Jason's movements.

Only original Lupita broke the tether to her clone.

If they were swapped the year before why can't the kid speak english like Lupita and her clone?

The purpose of the tethers underground was to manipulate what their clones did above ground.

I noticed when the dad started playing with glasses and the tether took them .

What if the burn scars prevent him from talking?

The other thing that kills the Jason is tethered theory is......the tethered people don't speak. (Besides Adelaide because she was taught.)

Peele made it that way, because the people at the bottom don't really have a voice, and are silenced by the privileged.

I much easier believe the idea that Jason and Pluto just have a stronger connection, maybe they are a bit of each other, hence their actions seem to synchronize often through the film and at the end Jason figure out on his own that he controlled Pluto....maybe Jason isn’t weird at all, just more connected with his tether, same as his mom was when she was little, Adalaide and Reds connection as little girls was pretty identical to their sons....Adalaide didn’t come off as normal before she was abducted.

I think it's way easier to side with Jason just being a curious/scared kid, and was able to outsmart Pluto at the end.

I wonder if Jason being half tethered plays into anything with his connection with Pluto being different. But I’d so why not for his sister too hmm. Cause we know they both are cause their mom was tethered and their dad is a normal human

Back
Top Bottom