NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

Going back to the dad, Winston addresses some of that around 5:20 and 38:40

Last edited:
Dude got hit in the ankle one time and it was a game ending injury. Meanwhile, Adelaide gutting cut, stabbed and beat up but keeps moving. But, then again, her being from the shadow world would make her tougher. I wonder if that symbolism isn't pro women, but more or less, "the struggle makes you stronger".

I can see that. She forgot where she came from but that did still mold her a bit from a young age that’s struggle did define her so much to where she had the first chance to escape she took it. She had that can’t go back mentality.

I just got back. It was good, but this movie def isn’t the greatest horror film ever like they’re hyping it up to be. Movie kind of overhyped.Mad meh . Get Out> US
That is the sad part dude never did all that to hype the movie but the industry did. It's like how do you just release a film with no hype so the bar isn't set so high. I guess release it under a fake name and let people decide.
I think the swap thing is the twist because no one really got swapped. They’re really the same people. That’s why clone M’Baku took M’Baku’s glasses. That’s why it looked like M’Baku hit his head on the boat but clone M’Baku got hurt. Clone daughter knew how to run fast cause actual daughter took track. Actual son was walking backwards and made clone son walk backwards too and what’s really implied is that Lupita didn’t start dancing until after she got lost and clone knew how to dance too. It’s them in a mirror world, word to Rugrats
So you don't think even the mom switched places? The dad's clone got hurt because the boat engine engaged when he slammed his head on the engine compartment, which then started the boat and pulled him under. Red was dancing, and then the mom was re-enrolled in dance after she went missing. The signed her back up in hopes she would open up.

I see y'all weren't paying attention. Busy looking for the jump scares.
Yeah, people looking for the big twist missing the movie tell them the answers. I do plan on watching it a second time because I need to see what I missed on first viewing. The tethered were a failed military experiment hence why she wanted to go to Mexico so bad.
Number three is a hands across America reference. It was an 80s thing. ImI too young for the reference, had to look it up.
Same but they showed it on the TV in the beginning and also the girls shirt showed it. Red didn't know everything about it, but in her short life she thought that was something powerful. Curious about the Black Flag references

I saw
Yeah, people looking for the big twist missing the movie tell them the answers. I do plan on watching it a second time because I need to see what I missed on first viewing. The tethered were a failed military experiment hence why she wanted to go to Mexico so bad.

Same but they showed it on the TV in the beginning and also the girls shirt showed it. Red didn't know everything about it, but in her short life she thought that was something powerful. Curious about the Black Flag references

I saw again on Saturday, may see it a third time.

Yes, I peeped the Black Flag reference as well. Also if you notice, the Hands Across America jingle is very similar to the Minnie Riperton Les Fluer Instrumental at the end.

Too many questions at the end that werent answered. Felt like I was watching a violent game of hide and seek with no purpose.

2) Who was the guy in the green jacket on the beach whose hands were bleeding. He was the only one not wearing the red suit
2) He was the first clone to kill his doppleganger, that is why he was standing there with his hands waiting for everyone else to join hands.

Wait so ppl think the little boy got switched once they arrived at the house?

Y'all keep talking about a magic trick like real magic existed in the damn movie. Wasnt no secret tunnel in that closet.

Besides the kid's evil clone had burn marks all over its mouth and they were already scarred over. There's no way the kid somehow magically swapped places with his evil clone, burned himself, and then starts acting like that later that night with scarred over wounds on the bottom half of his face..

Don't know where y'all getting this from.
From what I am reading they are saying he was switched many years before, when he burned himself. However still trying to work this out in my head. How would he know how to function in society at a decent level, someone said Red would have taught him how to act and speak. However someone then said her voicebox was crushed when she was choked out, which is why she spoke the way she did.

Screenshot_20190401_154849.jpg

Peeped that comedian episode last night.
Really sucked. Felt more like a bad tales fro the crypt episode.
The other episode is supposed to be better as it has an ode to the og twilight zone series.

Last edited:
From what I am reading they are saying he was switched many years before, when he burned himself. However still trying to work this out in my head. How would he know how to function in society at a decent level, someone said Red would have taught him how to act and speak. However someone then said her voicebox was crushed when she was choked out, which is why she spoke the way she did.

people have it backwards

i believe the tethered version was on the surface as a younger child then got switched at the first off camera vacation reds kids had

jason never knew the magic trick cause he never learned it, the tethered one did

at the end of the movie red held her hand up waiting for jason to clutch it as the ritual they always do but jason didn’t know it cause she really always did it with the tethered one

jason didn’t know where the bat was cause the other one was there the last time

people have it backwards

i believe the tethered version was on the surface as a younger child then got switched at the first off camera vacation reds kids had

jason never knew the magic trick cause he never learned it, the tethered one did

at the end of the movie red held her hand up waiting for jason to clutch it as the ritual they always do but jason didn’t know it cause she really always did it with the tethered one

But she did it with Jason in his room when they were sitting on the bed, why wouldn't he know that gesture.

But she did it with Jason in his room when they were sitting on the bed, why wouldn't he know that gesture.

he either didn’t know the gesture at the end or he already knew that wasn’t his mother

but that’s a small detail compared to the other stuff I listed

he either didn’t know the gesture at the end or he already knew that wasn’t his mother

but that’s a small detail compared to the other stuff I listed
I think he knew I already came around to it that he wasn't her real son. I spent today explaining the points to my coworker.

so it was the real kid, switched, or he knows her secret?

if is the latter then it makes sense

Either way, the daughter is half tethered as well. Think (if we get a sequel) she'll figure it out ?

so it was the real kid, switched, or he knows her secret?

if is the latter then it makes sense

all 3

but my theory is he was switched the opposite way others think

the tethered was on the surface earlier then switched with the real on the vacation prior

and the wolf mask may indicate that he has both sensibilities

i kept wondering after they killed the clones they didn't take the tracksuits to put on to keep from getting attacked by clones

i kept wondering after they killed the clones they didn't take the tracksuits to put on to keep from getting attacked by clones
I think putting on the tracksuits would be kill on site once everything cooled down, authorities would probably kill anyone wearing one. Also if you are going to Mexico then no need to put on the track suits.

Just saw it last night...

So the clones holding hands at the end is showing that they can accomplish something that the OG’s couldn’t? They’re capable of being “normal”?

Or, I’m reaching :lol:

people have it backwards

He didn't grab her hand because he figured out that moms was one of them and so was he. He saw his mom kill the doppleganger and she let out that weird scream/noise that the rest of them used to communicate.

He didn't grab her hand because he figured out that moms was one of them and so was he. He saw his mom kill the doppleganger and she let out that weird scream/noise that the rest of them used to communicate.

I don’t think he was one but I do think he was switched the opposite way of her

Spoiler:

At the end of the movie, the family killed their duality. At that moment, they also had an epiphany. They realized that they were pimped by American culture. The little boy putting his mask back on and smirking symbolized him putting back on the front like he was still asleep, when he was really “woke.” That is the way black people have been quietly infiltrating white culture. Well... those pyramids are about to rise, and the bubble that has been this oppressive exploitative culture is about to burst. The movie was foreshadowing the future.

Thought it was a good movie, just hated how wimpy Winston Duke's character was :lol:

Comedic relief/callback to 80s goofy, Family vacation Patriarch-Father archetype...ie Chevy Chase etc. Not often, we see black men in that light. Was good to see in my opinion. Varying ranges of black fathers. Good dude, protector, affable, loving, but goofy & corny as ****.

Back
Top Bottom