*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Coach K said it himself ... USA is shooting mass amounts of 3's because they are getting used to the euro line.. They are just practicing on the things they need to... They know they can get to the rack every possession.

and what..they made 13 of those?? terrible %
mean.gif
this team cant settle for jumpers and expect to win.
sick.gif
34 three pointer attempts

yup, USA hit 13 out of 34 resulting in a 38% rate.
sick.gif
sick.gif
KD was 7 for 11 from 3.
mean.gif
They need to chill off that line.

Is Pringles influence that strong on the offensive side of team USA? if so
mean.gif
sick.gif
Sarcasm? 38% isn't bad.

They just have to take less 3s. 

Sarcasm? 38% isn't bad.

They just have to take less 3s. 

It is bad when you take the fact that one player singlehandedly increases that percentage significantly into consideration. Plus that this is the FIBA 3-point line, not the NBA.

Is there going to be a rebroadcast of this game? I did a quick google search and didnt find anything and I will be missing the 4:30 one.

I think Coach K is making a mistake with his starting lineup. Kobe is playing like old *** Kobe....not the Kobe of old. At this point I'm not sure if he even deserves to start. I would put out a lineup of Deron-Durant-Iggy-LeBron-Chandler. Iguodala is the perfect glue guy for that starting lineup. He can play the role that Pippen played for the Dream Team. They need a guy like that in their lineup rather than another scorer. But they'd never have the balls to have Kobe come off the bench. They also should be playing AD a bunch more minutes, and same with Harden. I think Harden fits in great in the international game and they need his shooting out there.

I think Coach K is making a mistake with his starting lineup. Kobe is playing like old *** Kobe....not the Kobe of old. At this point I'm not sure if he even deserves to start. I would put out a lineup of Deron-Durant-Iggy-LeBron-Chandler. Iguodala is the perfect glue guy for that starting lineup. He can play the role that Pippen played for the Dream Team. They need a guy like that in their lineup rather than another scorer. But they'd never have the balls to have Kobe come off the bench. They also should be playing AD a bunch more minutes, and same with Harden. I think Harden fits in great in the international game and they need his shooting out there.
too much emphasis on the starting lineup. coach k has to figure out what lineup to put out at crunchtime

USA shooting is horrendous in international play. I know the international game is "different", but KD is one of the few shooters out there who can stroke it.

Not Bill Walton@NotBillWalton

Spain will feed Pau Gasol early. This will go down in record as the most times he will get the ball while Kobe is on the floor.

Jose Calderon is picking them apart in the early going. That pressure the US puts on looks great against points and guards that can't handle it.

ok lets dead this "they woulda beat the Dream team stuff"
29 year old jordan + huge advantage on the inside (robinson, ewing, malone and barkley) + pippen to play defense on KD or lebron

never understood people in that camp

Back
Top Bottom