*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

So sick of hearing how size challenged the USA is when coach K refuses to put Anthony Davis in for more an a few mins. He runs the pick and roll and blocks shots. He is young but he has proved how quickly he catches on.

yeah Davis needs to get more minutes. They could have at least tried playing him against Britain and DR to see make him gain some experience.

/\ yup. should be gettin exp in these blowout games far sooner... i honestly think hes alrdy better than tyson chandler. he just doesnt have the body

dont save him coach K. let the young bol get his shoulders clapped a few times so he realizes the importance of the weight room... I see him with a KG type frame n 5-6 years

and that will do jus fine.

Is there any place today's game might have been captured, like for a replay. My TV is on the fritz and I can't watch it.

just caught the replay. whats up with the video quality.. the refresh rate is garbage. they still on that SD in europe?

just caught the replay. whats up with the video quality.. the refresh rate is garbage. they still on that SD in europe?

It got better eventually. ESPN just doesn't commit a whole lot of resources for these games. I remember the championship game of FIBA Americas in 2007. It looked like it was being broadcast out of a third world country...and that was in Vegas lol.

It got better eventually. ESPN just doesn't commit a whole lot of resources for these games. I remember the championship game of FIBA Americas in 2007. It looked like it was being broadcast out of a third world country...and that was in Vegas lol.
come on, the little league baseball games is 100x more clearer...

Whoa, whoa, WHOA... ... Kobe worthless?

:lol:

Dude started off hot (w/ Durant) against ARG, but he's worthless? He's attacking the rim more than our bigs, he's making the extra pass here & there, but he's worthless?

I'm not saying he's the MVP through these exhibitions (that's Bron), but 'worthless'? Chiiiiiiiiiiiiill. :lol:

Kobe ballstops and does take unnecessarily difficult, contested shots when everyone else is making quick, decisive moves a bit more than I'd like though.

I'm not saying Kobe is a weakness or anything like that. I'm just saying he doesn't have a real effect on the game for this team. Obviously he can still take and make shots but so can 6 other guys on this team who are also faster and more athletic at this point. No disrespect at all man (he's top 10 all time). But this is the 2012 team not 2008

Been trying to figure out what Sonics jersey that person in the crowd is wearing. They've shown it a few times.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA... ... Kobe worthless?
Dude started off hot (w/ Durant) against ARG, but he's worthless? He's attacking the rim more than our bigs, he's making the extra pass here & there, but he's worthless?
I'm not saying he's the MVP through these exhibitions (that's Bron), but 'worthless'? Chiiiiiiiiiiiiill. :lol:

Right?! And this is coming from a guy that isn't into Kobe like that. He's in that Jason Kidd/Magic Johnson veteran role.

Kobe ballstops and does take unnecessarily difficult, contested shots when everyone else is making quick, decisive moves a bit more than I'd like though.

I don't wanna start a comparison war in here, but do you not notice Carmelo Anthony playing with team USA

I watched Davis at UK all season, it isn't just blocked shots, he has that, but his ability to block shots "punks" so many shooters. Shot blocking, to some extent, is a more natural ability than other skills. He has great timing, reads pump fakes, and keeps the ball in play as well as any player I have ever watched. I hate to cry conspiracy, but I think Coach K is a bit salty that Davis was a wildcat a year ago and not a devil.

Russell Westbrook damn near dribbled the air out of the ball today. There are three facilitators on this team: CP3, Deron and Lebron.

Of course Im biased, but if you notice the little things Kobe is doing then its evident he's doing a great job doing the little things. His perimeter defense is not always about steals but ball pressure and switching . The team as a whole is great on perimeter defense and getting in the passing lanes (the best in the Olympics and the reason they will win the gold) and Kobe's defense is a part of that.

On offense he might not be hitting outside shots but then again thats not his place on the team. A high volume shooter in the NBA while in Olympic play he is helping move the ball to the shooters (Melo or Durant) or pick & passing to Lebron the playmaker. He isnt using his post game but instead catching, reading the floor and passing (which is where he gets in trouble forcing passes).

But its Kobe and more of the "damned if does, damned if doesnt" critiquing. Either he's useless or trying to do too much and ballstopping. IF they are winning then its not a problem. The same way I cant critique Lebron for not driving every time he gets the ball if the others are scoring. If the team is winning then it doesnt matter who is scoring and who is playing team ball. Kobe isnt there to score like Durant, Melo or Lebron but he aint exactly doing nothing like Davis, Harden & Love (via coaching decisions).

Back
Top Bottom