USC Sanctions Released..Vol. No BCS For Them

FIRST I WAS LIKE
28spy5y.gif

THEN I WAS LIKE
wl7q5y.gif

NOW I'M LIKE
sb3t48.gif

so both USCs football and basketball programs are currently under sanction.. THAT is embarrassing. i don't understand how anybody could root for the Trojans athletics. even if you are an alumnus you should be hanging your head in shame right now.

Kiffin can be partly to blame for this right? I mean he served under Carrol when the Bush scandal happened.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

NCAA is real smart to punish kids for something that happened when they were 12.

Makes a lot of sense...

Yea  you're right they should just do nothing and let them get away with it
grin.gif

Everybody that just committed knew that there was a good chance the program would be on probation and they went there anyway. PC bolting should have been a pretty clear sign. It sucks for the people that are juniors and seniors now, but there was a lack of institutional control and the school had to be punished for it. There's a reason the investigation took so long.

eek.gif

This is going to RUIN everything that Carroll built up over there. No way they can pull top recruits the next couple years without being able to go to the BCS and after that they're whole legacy is going to be forgotten. This goes wayyy beyond the next two years, guaranteed.

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

eek.gif

This is going to RUIN everything that Carroll built up over there. No way they can pull top recruits the next couple years without being able to go to the BCS and after that they're whole legacy is going to be forgotten. This goes wayyy beyond the next two years, guaranteed.
Wrong.  Those kids for 2011 will only have one year without a bowl game and they already have a bunch of good recruits secured.  It won't affect their recruiting any significant amount.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I just want my dude Vince to get his Heisman.
THIS.
pimp.gif

Plus CLK & staff is getting exactly what they deserve.  Karma is a #%#%% (even if it comes indirectly - i.e. it's technically Sneaky Pete's BS)...

Wonder where Dillon Baxter would have ended up knowing this...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Carroll, an otherwise good guy, chose to turn a blind eye to a lot of things going on around him, knowing full well what was happening. Then he jumped ship. If there were ever a white-collar criminal of the college football world, he would be it. Of course, SC is being made an example of but it would be hard to support some argument that SC doesn't deserve this now. Reggie Bush plays a notable role but there were at least a few more white-collar (and just plain white) criminals who took advantage of and encouraged him. Whoever was the athletic director at that point in time should be held accountable, too.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

i just want to know exactly USC did. all they talk about is Reggie Bush, so is it from that or other things
And Bill Joe Hobert single handedly destroyed Washington football. It only takes one person, in the eyes of the NCAA.

correct me if i'm wrong (and i probably am), but in the past didn't a "no bcs bowl game" ban not include the National Championship, i.e. if a team was on probation but still ran the table and was #1 in all the polls they can still play in the championship game?  that sounds wrong to me, but i remember an analyst saying that a few years back.

and even if they're forced to play in a non-bcs bowl, they can still be voted the AP #1.  So this won't destroy the legacy, or even completely kill recruiting as much as some would like to believe.

Back
Top Bottom