USC Sanctions Released..Vol. No BCS For Them

No clue but I'd bet bum @*% Nuckleheads like TJ Bryant, Mustain and others who dont get much burn and are lookin for an excuse to jet

California's recruits are about to get RAIDED now. SC has a 2yr bowl ban AND the pac10 is expanding. Texas is about to clean up on them kids.

If Pete saw this coming, it would've made alot of sense to put a self-imposed ban this year with the freshman QB.

:shrugs:

Oh well

There is no need to go to California when you have the state of Texas on lock recruiting wise. Everything you need is in your backyard and they are all high quality players.

Originally Posted by RoOk

This was USC's last year of dominance to before Texas & the Okies roll through
*Waits for USC stans*
You're the same dude that was rooting for them last year. #%+! outta here. 

It sucks for USC that the NCAA took 5 years to come up with this ruling. Cuz now with the conference expanding it'll make it that much tougher for USC to come back.

If the ruling had came maybe 2-3 years ago and not a half decade later it wouldn't be as bad because they would've gotten through probation and been back in the rebuilding process by the time the conferences expanded.

Oh and I don't see Lane Kiffin sticking around at SC for long....Think he will bolt before the year is over. He aint sticking at SC throughout the probation era....

NFL OC job???
nerd.gif

Noboby logged off, I actually have a career fellas and I can't spend all my time on here like back in the days. Don't know why you guys post the
laugh.gif

I am living beyond comfortable and have my Alma Mater to thank for that, which is why I will always suport them. There are more actual Trojans here (members who actually attend or graduated) than fans/stans. Most people that take shots at SC are purely from a point of jealousy.

Originally Posted by IYE2

California's recruits are about to get RAIDED now. SC has a 2yr bowl ban AND the pac10 is expanding. Texas is about to clean up on them kids.

rick ant letting none of you clowns in. add in cal, UW and stanford(if they keep Jim as there HC)

I wouldn't have a problem with the sanctions, if the NCAA did this across the board.  Which they don't.

What ever happened to Ohio State after Maurice Clarrett left and there were allegations of kids getting cash, kids not having to go to class, etc.

Clarrett allegations

Oklahoma getting their wins back after their players got improper benefits from a car dealership where they supposedly "worked" at?

I love all the "Holier than thou" cats coming in here and posting their two cents
laugh.gif

What will happen in two years, we'll find out.  The glass half full argument and glass half empty argument carry equal weight because we don't know what will happen.  %%** could still get overturned.

I see the saltiness though
roll.gif
roll.gif

UCLA fans
roll.gif

Ohio State fans
roll.gif

Michigan fans
roll.gif

Will it be harder to recruit?  Of course.
Will players stop coming to SC?  They will not come in bunches for the next two years, but they will still come.

No clue but I'd bet bum @*% Nuckleheads like TJ Bryant, Mustain and others who dont get much burn and are lookin for an excuse to jet

Now they are "knuckleheads"?
laugh.gif

That's why you got to stop sucking off these 17 year olds.  Don't mean %%** until you get to the next level.  That's why it's pointless going around calling HS jr's and sr's "the goods", "beasts", etc.

This dude FirstBorn and his god damn high horse, man...
laugh.gif
Funnier every time.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Noboby logged off, I actually have a career fellas and I can't spend all my time on here like back in the days. Don't know why you guys post the
laugh.gif

I am living beyond comfortable and have my Alma Mater to thank for that, which is why I will always suport them. There are more actual Trojans here (members who actually attend or graduated) than fans/stans. Most people that take shots at SC are purely from a point of jealousy.

I knew the SC haters would be out in full force
grin.gif
It's amazing.  People really love to hate. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nowitness

when fb said "if u asked that question u probably wasnt intelligent enough to get in anyway" I felll out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungBuck32

Originally Posted by FeelMode

if they can keep the bulk of the team together and are smart with the limited schollies we could be back in the hunt Barkley's senior year. I know its a long shot but if the talent stays we got a shot. If upperclassmen start to book i guess i really couldn't blame them but its gotta be about rebuilding right now anyway and i hope CLK and his team are the ones to do it.
Barkley's senior year or the year after will probably be when the scholarship reductions  start to have the most impact. You're delusional if you think within two years you'll "back in the hunt" with these penalties. You have no idea what you're in for.
These penalties will cause issues with depth and a fall in the talent level since you won't be getting the same level of recruits as in the past. Many kids will not go to USC because they see they will be playing at a disadvantage. If you think USC's image will keep attracting the same level of talent you better look closely at past programs that went through the same thing. Recruits will know they are going to playing at a disadvantage and most kids will cross USC off their list.

In addition you really have to ask yourself if Lane Kiffin is the coach to guide the program through this? I like Lane Kiffin as a coach but if I had to choose a coach to overcome these penalties and rebuild a program I wouldn't touch him.
Coming from a Miami fan I'm kind of dissapointed.

How long did it take Miami to bounce back?

2 years.

Hindsight is 20/20, but don't you think people were saying that about Butch Davis back when he got handed the keys to a Miami program that got slapped with sanctions.  Davis still got some decent, that were the foundation to the dominant teams of the late 90's-early 00's.

People still wanted to go to "The U" because it is "The U".  It took Bama a long time to recover due to incompotent coaching, like stated previously, they got Saban and everything is kosher now.

It took Miami 6 years to bounce back and SC got hit harder than Miami did.

SC will still be able to pull recruits though....

They let their recruits go swimming with half naked USC song girls....there's always going to be kids that want to go there....

3453822649_1e60a9c3ce_b.jpg

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

if they can keep the bulk of the team together and are smart with the limited schollies we could be back in the hunt Barkley's senior year. I know its a long shot but if the talent stays we got a shot. If upperclassmen start to book i guess i really couldn't blame them but its gotta be about rebuilding right now anyway and i hope CLK and his team are the ones to do it.
Barkley's senior year or the year after will probably be when the scholarship reductions  start to have the most impact. You're delusional if you think within two years you'll "back in the hunt" with these penalties. You have no idea what you're in for.
These penalties will cause issues with depth and a fall in the talent level since you won't be getting the same level of recruits as in the past. Many kids will not go to USC because they see they will be playing at a disadvantage. If you think USC's image will keep attracting the same level of talent you better look closely at past programs that went through the same thing. Recruits will know they are going to playing at a disadvantage and most kids will cross USC off their list.

In addition you really have to ask yourself if Lane Kiffin is the coach to guide the program through this? I like Lane Kiffin as a coach but if I had to choose a coach to overcome these penalties and rebuild a program I wouldn't touch him.

2 years.

Hindsight is 20/20, but don't you think people were saying that about Butch Davis back when he got handed the keys to a Miami program that got slapped with sanctions.  Davis still got some decent, that were the foundation to the dominant teams of the late 90's-early 00's.

People still wanted to go to "The U" because it is "The U".  It took Bama a long time to recover due to incompotent coaching, like stated previously, they got Saban and everything is kosher now.
Actually I would say it took about 6 years for the Miami program to bounce back.  Players are going to start jumping ship from USC with these sanctions now. 
Recruits should have seen this coming when Carrol jumped ship.  There was no other reason to leave, he had everything he could have wanted there and all the power to do the things he wanted, but he saw it coming.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

2 years.

2 years? 
indifferent.gif

I think anyone that followed our probation era can tell you the effects of it didn't just last 2 years. We went from a program that was in the national title hunt EVERY year to being a contender in a weakened Big East conference who got exposed during our OOC play. Our record during that period may look decent with only 3 or 4 losses in most of the years, but the actual losses that we incurred show the bigger picture. We were a totally different program due to the sanctions. We were losing to FSU by 30+ point for 3 straight years and went on a 5 year losing streak to them. Losing by nearly 30 points to ECU? 

Also you need to look back at what happened to recruiting during those years. With probation hanging over our heads top recruits, especially the ones in South Florida did NOT want to come to Miami. FSU took whoever they wanted during that period and UF had the opportunity to cherry pick the area if Spurrier wasn't allergic to South Florida. We had to settle for what may people considered at the time as 2-3 star players.

You're right about people saying the same things when Butch Davis came along and not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Though what has Lane Kiffin done to get the benefit of the doubt? The only people who don't think the sanctions are going to hurt are mostly USC fans which this post is a perfect example of.

Butch came through and proved his eye for talent was the best to ever grace college football and this ability was what saved us from being in an even deeper hole. Unless Lane Kiffin has shown this ability, I don't see how what Butch Davis did at Miami should be what is expected of at USC. In addition some of the things Butch was able to take advantage of is no longer available and it's arguable USC has an even more uphill climb. Butch and our administration (Paul Dee and his law background also played a big part that doesn't get mentioned enough) ended up being the absolute PERFECT group to face probation. Miami was the exception to the effects of sanctions of this level, not the norm. Even then you're underplaying how much of an effect it still had on our program.

Are we talking about the Miami that got slapped with sanctions after the1995 season?

1996 (9-3)
1997 (5-6)
1998 (9-3)

Miami only had one bad year, then came back in 1998 and beat UCLA (*!@! You Mike, this was the only and best shot UCLA ever had at a National Championship
laugh.gif
).

1999 was a solid year for the 'Canes, they went 9-4 and went to the Gator Bowl.

Then came dominance.

Will it take a while for USC to dominate again? Of course, that *#%+ comes in cycles anyways.  It's not as if they dominated anyone last season w/o sanctions.

Will they fall off? 
laugh.gif
, you guys are fooling yourselves if you think so.

More proof how college athletics are nothing more than semi-pro sports. I say go back to the old old NC 2A system where students who wanted to play sports played and got nothing out of it but school pride. And take away all these athletic scholarships.

Back
Top Bottom