USC Trojans vs ND Fighting Irish*Charlies Schematic Advantage* Not so fast my friend

Damn, that WR #9 wasn't even looking for the ball when he got open! I understand that he may not have been the target, but had he stopped, he could havehad a touchdown.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Damn....Parris blew out his knee to make the catch and can't even get the W.....
smh.gif
gallipo almost got clausen earlier same type of late hit. damn parris had a good game though.

SC
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ the reporter saying "Weiss having never beat USC" as he's walking by. Charlie look like he was bout to cry.
pimp.gif

game shouldn't have been this close.

ND got benefit of some bogus late hit penalties. For example, Penalty on Taylor Mays for late hit out bounce was not a penalty. Penalty on Jackson for late hiton Jimmy Clausen was not a penalty.

With all the calls going for ND, I'm surprised SC held on to win this game.

Originally Posted by hugebird

I thought there was nothing that could make me hate these two +@@%%%* teams more, but SC not covering after being up 20 makes me +@@%%%* seethe.

Never bet on USC.

Originally Posted by DaeWing

ND got benefit of some bogus late hit penalties. For example, Penalty on Taylor Mays for late hit out bounce was not a penalty. Penalty on Jackson for late hit on Jimmy Clausen was not a penalty.

I agree w. you on the Mays hit...but Jackson was definitely late in hitting Clausen...that deserved the flag.

Originally Posted by DaeWing

ND got benefit of some bogus late hit penalties. For example, Penalty on Taylor Mays for late hit out bounce was not a penalty. Penalty on Jackson for late hit on Jimmy Clausen was not a penalty.

Exactly what I came in here to say

I think that catch at the end of the game that got tipped should have counted as a TD

Dude straight up palmed that ball so theoretically he had possession as soon as he touched it and his foot was dragging before his knee hit out of bounds

Replays in college FTL

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

I think that catch at the end of the game that got tipped should have counted as a TD

Dude straight up palmed that ball so theoretically he had possession as soon as he touched it and his foot was dragging before his knee hit out of bounds

Replays in college FTL
he caught the ball with his knee out of bounds

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

Both of these teams are trash, hopefully the BCS has SC ranked out of the top #10
Agreed. Now hopefully ND is out of the top 25 for good. Unfortunately, with shakeups in the top 15 every week USC will probably manage to hangaround higher than they should be. Imagine if Arkansas could have hung on today. You know it's bad when Iowa could be in the top 5. VT about to go downalso.

Although it is unlikely, I'd love more than anything for Boise State to run the table and end up in the top 2 and see what the fraudulent BCS people dowith them.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

jimmy deserves the heisman.
roll.gif
roll.gif

What part of Jimmy's performance was Heisman worthy?

I will give credit where credit is due.....Golden Tate
eek.gif
. I knew he wasgood, but not that good.

Clausen, give him credit for taking some blows and hanging in there. Plus, his accuracy is top notch. He started killing SC's D when they went to a softzone in the second half(
smh.gif
, why they do that? *shrugs*). They were giving ND receivers a lot of cushion. Dude was ghost in the first, looking completelylost.

However, Heisman worthy? That wagon needs to stop rollin'.

If you give Clausen the Heisman, what award will you give Barkley
smokin.gif

People forget that we didn't have our starting QB during the Washington game, at the time it was overlook due to Barkley having two games under his belt. It is turning out to be a big difference.

I love my boy Taylor, but damn you have to try and swat that ball instead of always going for the hit,
smh.gif

Too many stupid penalties, some our fault and others that were a bit bogus
grin.gif

The Defense went soft as well, they let ND back in the game.

The front four,
smokin.gif
. Malik Jackson, what were you thinking,
smh.gif

These Big East officials were doing all they could to try and give ND the game.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

Both of these teams are trash, hopefully the BCS has SC ranked out of the top #10
Agreed. Now hopefully ND is out of the top 25 for good. Unfortunately, with shakeups in the top 15 every week USC will probably manage to hang around higher than they should be. Imagine if Arkansas could have hung on today. You know it's bad when Iowa could be in the top 5. VT about to go down also.

Although it is unlikely, I'd love more than anything for Boise State to run the table and end up in the top 2 and see what the fraudulent BCS people do with them.

How could you agree,
laugh.gif

It was a rivalry game on the road. Who is better in the Top 5-10 than USC? I would feel comfortable with this team playing anyone in the Top 5.

The only game we lost was on the road, to a rebuilding team, without our QB.

I don't think Boise State is that good and they DON'T deserve a Top 2 spot with that cupcake schedule. Granted, they beat Oregon, but Oregon is notthe same team that they once were, they are better. It's the only game that I am worried about on our schedule, that vaunted trip to Autzen.

This game, man i dont even know where to start. I was nervous going in, not going to front thought we had a very good shot at losing.
Barkley really showed me something today. I see the playbook being able to open up a lot from here on out, and that gives me a little more confidence movingforward for the rest of this year.
IMO there were some obvious terrible calls, and that really made the game closer then it was or should have been. Game altering almost, but those are thingsyou just gotta live with.
I was also really impressed with McCoy, and D Will is looking more and more like he was last year.
Golden Tate
sick.gif
that first TD
eek.gif
and the catch on that final drive... he's the real deal. Jimmy is too, but he was out played by the Freshman today.
That last drive i was sweating bullets, and thought for sure it was gonna be all bad, i knew they had the extra second and i was just sure Jimmy was gonna getin the end zone, i was pissed because i felt the drive should have been over, but those @%%$$% BS calls!
Yo Mays ' hit on Parris
eek.gif
dudes body almost made the leter Z., but yo Pink hair? 0_o Only answer i can come up with is breast cancer awareness.
at the end of the day its a W, and Barkley looked like the man out there today, gives us a lot to look forward too
pimp.gif
still i hate that we always fall intothat BS prevent D that never works ...smh
Bring on the Beavers, revenge game. Fight On!

Yall cant give Jimmy Clausen No credit
laugh.gif

yall think barkley outplayed him? really? get outta here

If you put Jimmy on USC and Barkley on ND what do you think the outcome woulda been? Barkley was makin throws to dudes WIDE OPEN.
Jimmy was putting passes in Spots.

what award will you give Barkley

the "I have a way better supporting cast than Jimmy Clausen" Award

jimmy woulda gone for 500 and 5 tds if u switched teams

him being the best qb in cfb is not debatable right now.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

jimmy woulda gone for 500 and 5 tds if u switched teams

him being the best qb in cfb is not debatable right now.

Ahhhh yes...the hypothetical/what if scenario.

Both quarterbacks played really well. Props to ND for staying in there.

Back
Top Bottom