VOTE to determine who receives our 6th Kiva.org loan! HURRY, polls close THIS Monday, 2/9!

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
As some of you may already know, last year NikeTalk allocated $6,820 to Kiva.org, a non-profit organization that helps facilitate loans to entrepreneurs indeveloping nations.

We've issued five loans thus far and you can check their repayment progress on our Kiva lender page: www.kiva.org/lender/NikeTalk

Our first loan recipients, the Kewerimidde Women's group have completely repaid their loan. As aresult, we now have $2,000 in our community's Kiva.org account ready to be loaned to a new group of entrepreneurs.

In the past, we've selected loan recipients through a two step process: first, we invite our fellow members to browse kiva.org and nominate their favoriteentrepreneurs, then we vote as a community and complete the loan receiving the most votes.

Due to sharp increases in traffic and lender activity, we've been unable to issue loans using this method. Thanks to thousands of registered Kiva users,loans are being filled faster than ever before. As a result, we've been forced to expedite the process. Below, you'll find a series of five loans tochoose from - each one representing a different country.

Simply visit the loan profile page for each one, vote for your favorite, and on Monday, after the polls have closed, we'll complete the loan up to $2,000.

If you'd like to support the loans that did not receive the most votes - or any of the loans facilitated by Kiva - please consider registering. You caneven join NikeTalk's lendingteam and have your loans counted towards our community totals on Kiva's leaderboards. Help us pass Nepal and Teachers for Change!

Here's our list of nominees:

Nancy JuarezGroup
Touch RaothGroup
Dionisia MarinaOchoa Saez Group
Mhammad
Lucia DiazGroup

Wow! It seems like Niketalk just loaned out the money only a month ago and it's already been repaid!

Anyway voted!

Just voted, all of the groups seem to be working towards a better future for themselves, their family and their community. Hopefully the loan gives them thischance.

Had to go with my man Mhammad

I'm about to make a donation on my behalf.

Mhammad seems like a legit entre. I can really see his business succeeding.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Same person i voted for.

And
smh.gif
at only 18 votes.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Same person i voted for.

And
smh.gif
at only 18 votes.
Yeah the 7 kids is what sold me.

I voted for the Touch Raoth Group.

As usual it is a tough choice. All the candidates are worthy and all have virtually no risk of default. For me, what makes the difference is how quickly theloan can be repaid because the faster it gets repaid, the sooner that capital can be directed to other projects. I urge other voters to look at the speed andterms of repayment. If they pay back in immediate, monthly payments or they have a history of paying before the loan reaches maturity. By tending towards ashort cycle of loan and repayment, more people can be helped in a given period of time.

Ever since I heard about Economist and Laureate, Muhammed Yunis' micro finance, it has captured my imagination. I love economics, I have now gotten a jobin finance and I hope to develop those skills to a high level. I love the science of Economics and I love the thrill of hunting down profits and lucrativeopportunities.

I hope to one day bring both attributes to micro finance and bring the same energy I would put into maximizing profits into maximizing social change and thealleviation of poverty to the greatest degree that I can. I truly hope that I can have a stint in a micro finance bank and be able to say that I changed thelives of extremely disadvantaged people and that opted to forgo making more more money in the US in exchange for playing a key role in ameliorating thesituation in communities who suffer deprivations that far exceed those suffered by even the poorest in the West.

Thank you once again to the staff for giving up the remuneration to which you are ethically and legally entitled to do these charities, with Kiva being perhapsthe most worthy and capable of helping to end deep poverty, one loan at a time. It is wonderful to know that our board is also becoming the bank to theworld's poorest.

Thanks to all those who took the time to review each nominee's profile.

We've now donated our remaining $2,000 - but this group, as well as the other nominees - still need additional support in order to complete their loans.

I hope you'll consider registering with Kiva, if you haven't already done so, and assisting these and other entrepreneurs around the world. If youjoin NikeTalk's lending team,your contributions can count towards our community totals, so we can see just how much we're able to accomplish together as a group.

e2215d6aaab8fe2199d406071c0f688290e13c8.jpg

I look forward to issuing another loan soon, once we've received payment from the other entrepreneurs we've financed thus far.

I wonder when the World Bank is going to shut this down.
but I feel horrible for missing this, I didnt notice the date change in the title
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom