• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Google fanboys starting to get as bad as Apple fanboys.

They went the wrong direction with the nexus. Should've kept it budget and just bossed up on the battery life. A larger than life phablet wasn't necessary.
Huh? You read the comments here? It's been pretty mixed on the size and price in here.

Take out "fanboys" in your 1st sentence and it'd have some credence.

yeah it sucks, but I'm not signing a contract or paying close to $700. I'll just let the hate and salt flow through me, kinda hoping it flops so they can bring back the affordable Nexus line.

They went the wrong direction with the nexus. Should've kept it budget and just bossed up on the battery life. A larger than life phablet wasn't necessary.

True. That N5 size is perfect. I'm not impressed with any other phone than Nexus now so I wanna update. Just don't know when. Not gon be hurt to deal I with the 5 for more months

Pulled the trigger on the Note 4 preorder at Best Buy. They are running a special where if you pre order the Note before friday they will give you a $200 Best Buy gift card for the trade in of ANY smart phone. Literally any, even an old pre-touchscreen blackberry. 
pimp.gif

Hopefully they let me use that $200 towards the cost of the $299 upgrade.  Then i can sell my Note 3 and profit

Last edited:
yeah it sucks, but I'm not signing a contract or paying close to $700. I'll just let the hate and salt flow through me, kinda hoping it flops so they can bring back the affordable Nexus line.

No way this phone flops. It'll be the most widely available Nexus to date. Couple that with the best user experience and specs and you have a winner. No one in their right mind would choose a skinned version of Android over Vanilla.

Google fanboys starting to get as bad as Apple fanboys.

Nexus 6 is a Note 4 competitor. 

If you want a smaller updated Nexus you can buy a Moto X 2nd gen for $499.

Huh? You read the comments here? It's been pretty mixed on the size and price in here.

I was referring to the people who were saying the iPhone 6+ was "massive" last month but are now trying to justify the Nexus 6 size :lol:

No way this phone flops. It'll be the most widely available Nexus to date. Couple that with the best user experience and specs and you have a winner. No one in their right mind would choose a skinned version of Android over Vanilla.

Yeah the contracts will help it, I guess. However, just reading around, not too many people are happy, first it was the size and now it's the price. While I like the vanilla Android experience you still need third party apps to make it run the way you want (launchers etc), so there's a lot of folks that like the skinned Android devices, I personally don't. Wasn't the Galaxy Nexus widely available too?

Yeah the contracts will help it, I guess. However, just reading around, not too many people are happy, first it was the size and now it's the price. While I like the vanilla Android experience you still need third party apps to make it run the way you want (launchers etc), so there's a lot of folks that like the skinned Android devices, I personally don't. Wasn't the Galaxy Nexus widely available too?

No, it was only on Sprint and Verizon.

I was referring to the people who were saying the iPhone 6+ was "massive" last month but are now trying to justify the Nexus 6 size
laugh.gif
i don't think this ever happened. it's more like the other way around. this isn't the first large android phone

When we talk about the size of the screen on the iPhone 6+, we're referring to the OD amount of bezel.

Mkbhd talks/sounds EXACTLY like the actor that played Mark Zuckerberg in the social network.

Those nexus devices look piff. Especially the tablet.

my bootleg estimate is that the n6 has 30% less bezel than the iPhone 6+.

to be fair, the n6 is thicker.

but it's running android L.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

currently on tmobile with nexus 5. one of the main reasons i left verizon was that they **** on their nexus device by slowing down updates to 2 updates behind sometimes.

after doing the reading today, someone correct me if im wrong:

the nexus 6 will be sold unlocked and work on all carriers, including verizon. meaning, i can rock with this phone on verizon and get updates DIRECTLY FROM GOOGLE?

this is huge to me if im understanding this correctly...:nerd:

I was shocked to see Verizon will be carrying the new Nexus.

But knowing Verizon ... who knows.

Yea exactly...if it runs on the vzw network but is directly updated thru Google...that's huge. And that's the way it should've been from the start. At least in terms of nexus.

Last edited:
Will have to wait until I handle the Nexus 6 in person. Part of me says it is too big, but I said the same thing about he OPO. I have my OPO posted for sale right now on craigslist but I might pull it. For the price that is the best bang for your buck phone out right now. The price of the N6 isn't really an issue, though it is a lot more than I had expected. Hopefully we can get a Nexus 5 reboot.

I have titanium backup. It's ont the best solution though. I remember when 4.4 broke it and it took forever for everyone to figure out how to use it again.

This isn't going to work. When you restore, everything restores with your nandroid. You'll go back to the last OS you backed up.

Anyway, thanks everyone for contributing to the original question

I already answered this but there are plenty of apps and such tahtvwill out everything back the way it was before and your apps settings and data...

so if I wanted a new os, I can do a full wipe and put new os o. my device then use backup tonoit everything back the way it was before..

When we talk about the size of the screen on the iPhone 6+, we're referring to the OD amount of bezel.
Exactly. The screen is 5.5" yet the phone is somehow bigger than phones with a 5.7" screen such as the Note 3/4

I don't think the average consumer knows what a Nexus or what vanilla android is. When they walk in the store they will be looking at the S5, Note line, M8 etc. I don't think it will flip, but I doubt it's a hit at the same time.

But like Rillo, I'll just enjoy Lollipop with my 5, no point in complaining anymore :smh: maybe we get a price drop sometime soon :smh:

End of an era for sure

Last edited:
Oh and i figured i would try out the camera on the i6+ at Best Buy today while i was ordering my Note4, wouldn't you know it the camera was broken. It was just stuck on a blurry screen when i opened the camera. Wouldn't let me take a photo or anything 
laugh.gif

What's good NT fam.. Looking to get the Note 4 for Verizon but off contract so I can keep my unlimited data plan. I spoke with a Verizon rep and he told me the only way to keep my unlimited data plan is to purchase the phone through their Customer Care. Any truth to this? Can't I just buy it at full retail price from Best Buy or somewhere else?

Back
Top Bottom