Wait Listed Unappreciation

Just got wait listed to uconn (pharmacy), suny stony brook (biological sciences), and suny buffalo (pharmacy) . I didnt think it was possible to be wait listedto this many schools. Complete BS. I had a 92 average in one of the top public high schools in NY (graduating class over 1000) and a 1690 on SAT, tri-captainvarsity basketball plus like 4 other school clubs. I know complete idiots who got accepted. What are my chances of still getting in? Do you tihnk i should calland complain? %+@@ !!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

I feel ya. I got wait listed at University of Vermont yesterday, while I've been accepted to Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Loyola Maryland. I'm baffledbecause I considered those 3 schools to be good matches whereas Vermont was more of a safety. I think they wait listed me because they knew they were a safety.Still frustrating nonetheless.

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

let it go bruh.

we can't all go to college.
You're going to get a lot of foolish comments like this but it appears you have nothing to worry about. You'll get into at least one ofthose schools.

What HS did you go to?

let it go bruh.

there's always JC....transferring aint all bad. but if you're planning on doing pharm, i guess it'll take a little longer to get yourBS and THEN apply for a pharm school.

but just be hopeful that some students will decline their enrollment

Talk to teachers and counselors, if you really you want to get into one of those schools, you better get ready to suck some d***.

Yeah and I got Fing denied to Morehouse College for being unmotivated but academically able. Even though I have taken programs, tours and more that have had meat that school plenty of times. SO STOP WHINING , take a L and wait

let it go bruh.

Yes we can all go to college. Some just choose not to.

i applied in november (should have done early but its too late now). it just pisses me off how i know a lot of students who are complete idiots that got in. iwanted to call and complain about that, but ppl r telling me that'd be real stupid on my end. Transferring is not my kinda thing, i dunno if i can go to aschool constantly thinking i am not supposed to be here
grin.gif
. As for JC, nothanks.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

let it go bruh.

i applied in november (should have done early but its too late now). it just pisses me off how i know a lot of students who are complete idiots that got in. i wanted to call and complain about that, but ppl r telling me that'd be real stupid on my end. Transferring is not my kinda thing, i dunno if i can go to a school constantly thinking i am not supposed to be here
grin.gif
. As for JC, no thanks.
They're right, admissions will not care if you call and complain. You'd just be one of hundreds whining about something. And thatattitude regarding transferring and CC's will get you nowhere either.

I say if you don't get approved for the semester, stay on the waitlist so you'll be ahead for the next semester, and in the meanwhile get your moneyup, or go to a cc and get some gen ed credits in.

Just got wait listed to uconn (pharmacy), suny stony brook (biological sciences), and suny buffalo (pharmacy) . I didnt think it was possible to be wait listed to this many schools. Complete BS. I had a 92 average in one of the top public high schools in NY (graduating class over 1000) and a 1690 on SAT, tri-captain varsity basketball plus like 4 other school clubs. I know complete idiots who got accepted. What are my chances of still getting in? Do you tihnk i should call and complain? %+@@ !!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

Specialized High School??

I too got waitlisted on my top choice school, my school sent my stuff out in November too. I got into other schools, but their not the ones that I would preferto go to. One thing that should help though is updating your application, send in your new term grades, and some extra recommendation letters, or any new extracurricular information.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Were you required to take the PCAT for those schools?
No this is for undergrad. But yea you are required to take the PCAT for those schools just not now, after your undergrad is complete. Btw, as oneof the top i meant to exclude specialized high schools. its bayside, supposedly 3rd best high school in queens (based on college applicants/graduation %s)

Yea....I got waitlisted at a medschool. I'm expecting a few more.
smh.gif
Oh wellall u need is one.

let it go bruh.

i applied in november (should have done early but its too late now). it just pisses me off how i know a lot of students who are complete idiots that got in. i wanted to call and complain about that, but ppl r telling me that'd be real stupid on my end. Transferring is not my kinda thing, i dunno if i can go to a school constantly thinking i am not supposed to be here
grin.gif
. As for JC, no thanks.

nah, the system ain't designed for our people to go to college.

you should look into barber school or something. that way you don't have to report your full income, and you can sell piff bags and bootleg DVDs on theside.

I got wait listed to UConn too... i had a 1750 SAT with a 3.4 GPA and no extracurriculars. I'm good tho

I got waitlisted at Notre Dame (full-time MBA) back in December. But I was eventually admitted last month. So there is hope. Make sure you keep in touch withthem. You want to make sure they know how interested you are in the school.

Back
Top Bottom