WALE sounded SALTY in the XXL talkin about the WU TANG....

Did anyone catch that freshman class article in this month's XXL? soon as i read about his take on the fans going crazy for Wu Tang in the rock the bellstour and to quote " I was on the Rock the bells tour. You would see people go crazy for wu tang. Crazy. And it hurt my heart, because why wu tang droppeda album now? all them people ain't gonna buy it" I put the straight
grin.gif
face...

i mean i respect dude and all and im lookin forward to whats he got to offer to us rap fans...but don't question "why would fans go nut" over wutang like them dudes ain't build a legion of loyal fans thruout the decade plus they've been around.....makes you look straight salty.

i mean he should know of all people since he collects shoes...most of the "classics" came out during the 90's...music, styles, trends, videogames etc.

its kinda like if Kevin Durant had his signature shoes coming out from Nike and him acting saltly cuz royal blue Penny foamposites still sell out likelightning in stores and him blurting "i dunno why people still cop Penny Hardaway's shoes...that dude's a has been"

I think you're reading it wrong... I believe he meant it hurt to see them get that type of love but those same people won't go out and support byactually buying an album these days. Atleast thats the way it looks to me.

I expect 4-5 Pages at least so with that being said....

r9or9k.jpg

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I think you're reading it wrong... I believe he meant it hurt to see them get that type of love but those same people won't go out and support by actually buying an album these days. Atleast thats the way it looks to me.
That's what I thought...

Wu tang wack forever??
laugh.gif
....I think u misread it slightly...that was the same thing I thought till I gave it a once over...and wu tang has fallen offrecentl but wack forever
smh.gif

I think you're reading it wrong... I believe he meant it hurt to see them get that type of love but those same people won't go out and support by actually buying an album these days. Atleast thats the way it looks to me.

Right.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Right.

basically.

these new dudes gotta understand they wont sell if they drop either though, hell half yall on NT dont support music either.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

That's what I thought.
liking an old shoe is nothing like this... that shoe never changes... wu tang has... for the worst...

nobody but yall tri state dudes and some worldwide whiteboys cares about wu tang...

Yeah but their old music that they perform is still the same.

tru...

yea exactly...i mean i've had the issue for weeks and i kept tryin to re-read it and see it was just me, i even let others read it and peopledrew up similar conclusions..."wale sounds like wu's sustained relevancy with the general fans at that concert baffled him and drew a ire of resentbecause in his opinion fans stop being open to change after Biggie died"

it made me shake my head really...cuz here's duke in the in the cover spread of XXL rockin OG Tim Duncan foamposite maxes talkin about fans aren'taccepting anything new and are clingin to the past.....it looked a lil hypocritical on his end....

I think he is saying that it hurts his heart because the people going crazy for them most likely won't even buy their album and they will probably downloadit. I don't think it sounds salty at all.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

That's what I thought...

cosign....

nobody but yall tri state dudes and some worldwide whiteboys cares about wu tang...
Truth. I couldn't care less about Wu-Tang, and nobody I hang out with listens to them. I guess its a New York thing
grin.gif

-The Juice

Yea thats what i got

i kinda feel him... wu tang been wack since forever...

they fans just wont let go...

liking an old shoe is nothing like this... that shoe never changes... wu tang has... for the worst...

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Truth. I couldn't care less about Wu-Tang, and nobody I hang out with listens to them. I guess its a New York thing
grin.gif

-The Juice
WUTANG2.jpg

anybody with a a toenail's worth of music taste knows and listens to wutang.

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

Yea thats what i got

Thats what he meant an its the truth. These "real" hip hop fans are the main ones claiming to be down with the culture and fiending for Wu, ATCQ, DeLa etc. to release new music but soon as they do, they sell 200k tops because they won't buy the albums. Ghost can tour the world and have millions offans but when his album drop, it only do like 65k first week

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

grin.gif

-The Juice
why you sayin that as if the world revolves around you and your group of friends?
4y85jzt.gif

on some "if none of my friends listen to them, noone else does."

carrying on, i took it as how Cake said it.

Indeed! That's how I read it

Back
Top Bottom