Wale - Wow... That’s Crazy - Out Now

Logic is in a different demographic, that's why nobody has heard of him. Yes, technically he's not a white rapper, but you're lying if you say he's not marketed as such. He's probably what J. Cole would've been if he had been managed differently.

Logic is in a different demographic, that's why nobody has heard of him. Yes, technically he's not a white rapper, but you're lying if you say he's not marketed as such. He's probably what J. Cole would've been if he had been managed differently.

Precisely

Him and G-Eazy benefit from that. Them dudes be doing NUMBERS.....and go largely unoticed by the Culture because they can bypass it on their way to success.

On he low....Machine Gun Kelly has had a great year. He had a top 5 single in the country....and NONE of us heard it :lol:

^ I had no idea. :wow: :lol:

That's dope tho, good for him.

Is he still on Bad Boy?

I think he is. MGK is about to go on tour with Linkin Park :rofl:

This is the song and video I'm talking about. 143 Million views. #4 song in the entire country......

Not a single impact on hip hop. That privilege is real. And that's not a knock on MGK or G-Eazy....they are just fortunate enough that their skin color allows them to bypass being relevant in the culture they profit from.

From all accounts....G-Eazy is a good dude. Hence, Wale reaching out for that feature. That was an attempt to hit the top 40 without having a slow debut on the billboard....and having access to pop radio.

Hip hop is having a weird resurgence on the billboard though. The songs that WE actually play and impact the culture are staring to chart like they used to. See bad and bougie, humble, mask off, tunnel vision, DNA, black Beatles etc being top 5 hits.

Logic is corny af

Naw, he's just ordinary. A regular guy.

Precisely

Him and G-Eazy benefit from that. Them dudes be doing NUMBERS.....and go largely unoticed by the Culture because they can bypass it on their way to success.

On he low....Machine Gun Kelly has had a great year. He had a top 5 single in the country....and NONE of us heard it :lol:

I noticed that when I started seeing him in movies :lol:

People like him and Mac Miller have lanes all to themselves where they can tour and stay under the radar. You think they're washed rappers, because you don't hear them, but far from it. They'll be around longer than most of these dudes.

If y'all got time to kill, lookup Wale's interview on Complex with Budden &, Akademiks. Dude made a LOT of good points about himself and the industry in general.

He did, all while making himself look like a fool. :smh: I was disappointed to say the least after watching that.

What do you guys think ruined the rollout for Shine?

Was the music not up to par?
Did his antics play into the perception that he complains too much?
Did going on everyday struggle to argue with Akademiks do more harm than good?

Shine on some joints on there

Scarface rozay gotti
Cc white
Mathematics
MY PYT

Pyt been a hit. Now, cc White for the city though. Been thought about Kirk Fraizer doing a music video. Too much history behind that joint. Like we ain't talkin about no NBA stars lls but street stars. Clever concept none the less but fr we need a new "No hands" for FW 17. That's his most know hit, right?

Too many dance type songs, even though that's what he was going for I just wasn't a fan of the end results

This is dope, I didn’t care for that All Star Break Up song, I need to hear more bars and less Spoken Word this time around. Wouldn’t be mad at a Folarin 2.

Though he probably wont I wouldn't mind dude leaving MMG while he at it, he's either about to put out a mixtape where he rapping his *** off or he going to drop a few girl records till one stick.

It's Complicated EP Out Now

600x600bb.jpg

“It’s Complicated”
“Black Bonnie” feat. Jacquees
“Effortless”
“Let It Go”

I dig it, especially Black Bonnie and Let It Go.

Sounds like he already found a new deal, hopefully this one can give him a proper push. But more importantly, I hope his next full-length joint is as strong as The Album About Nothing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom