Wale - Wow... That’s Crazy - Out Now

Gave this a spin today. Son delivered with this one imo.

He didn’t have to give away so many gems of the title track though. Wale stay trying to give women the game for free. :smh: :lol:

Self Promotion EP Out Now

100000x100000-999.jpg

"Negotiations"
"Salary Kaep"
"Body Body Body (Freestyle)"
"Cassius (Excellency)"

Only got through Salary Kaep so far, but this is sounding solid just like the last one. Wordplay is of course there, production is cool, and I always like his distinctive flow.

Some of the comments are so unnecessary and seem to come from nowhere.

Like he may not be able to make radio-friendly songs but he is not trashed or washed and never was and probably never will be.

His issues are always away from music it seems like but to say he’s trash is ridiculous.

That sales argument was holding some weight 8 years ago but who cares about selling now?? I barely even listen to radio, who cares about singles, he never was that type of rapper anyway imo.

I can go on, but my only gripe is he can be hard to understand sometime just the way he raps and the dc accent. Also he uses a lot of hometown references, that WITH it already being hard to clearly hear him, he just loses you. You get tired of trying to chase and decipher esssentially.

Of course imo.

Wale really did his thing on this album. I've generally enjoyed most of his projects but this one is easily the best.
I didn't listen to any of the singles before the release so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised at how good and consistent this project is.

It’s going to take some time for me to try to rank this one, and I’m not ready to say it’s better than The Album About Nothing, but damn... this joint was solid top to bottom.

Sue Me, Expectations, and Love Me Nina/Semiautomatic are probably my favorites. Outside of the singles, the rest were just alright to me off of one listen. I'll spin it again a bit later.

Was literally playing TAAN a few weeks ago. That joint was, and still is, flames.

This is definitely coming in 2nd for me as of right now.

Just a solid project with a clear direction of where homie was trying to take the listeners.

A black man in America loving himself. That’s crazy.

That double entendre in and of itself is fire, so to see home boy actually convey that concept over the album is dope as hell.

Sue Me on repeat, sounds like it coulda been placed as the last track also..

I was thinking the same thing. It’s a good intro none the less though.

Back
Top Bottom