Walking through the PNW with your kicks

So I recently got into kicks last December and when I wanted to bust them out, I realized its always raining. Then I had to take them off and put on my water proof vans. How do you guys deal with the rain and your kicks? I know its summer but my collections gotten larger so when October comes I need to know what to do.

I treat the shoes I wear the most during rain season with a waterproofing spray I get from Journeys in a nearby mall here in Portland. I give my shoes three coats with the spray, letting them dry at least a couple hours between coats (ideally, leave them overnight between coats but I haven't found this crucial). I have a pair of Agassi ATCs that got put to the test last night when I took the kids trick or treating around our block in a pretty steady rain. I was outside for probably 30-45 minutes and never felt any moisture inside the shoes. When I got home, I dried them off with a microfiber towel and they looked exactly the same as when I'd put them on inside the house. 

Back
Top Bottom