Want to move from Pittsburgh to Orlando. Am i crazy? What to expect.

im from the burgh too OP n I need to move as well lol its crazy cuz im concidering orlando as well

Never been to Pittsburgh, but went to school in Orlando and I liked it there. I am from a smaller city in north Florida, so that may be why. But the housing market there is pretty good. I would recommend living on the East Side of Orlando. There are a bunch of subdivisions just built in the last 5 years with the schools being built around the same time which are close by since you said the schools are important. Most jobs are downtown though so you would have to put up with the drive. I have friends that came from New York and Boston and they always say that life is really slow in Orlando, but since you are married, may not matter as much. I would also look at either Tampa or St.Pete as other options. A lot of people like it there better than Orlando.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

FL in general is meeeh to settle down in..great place to visit though
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I mean for the most part yeah. Down here in the Miami/Broward area things are cool. Other than that I could only see myself messin wit like Tally or the Tampa maybe

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

just be prepared to be bored out of your mind
You spoiled dudes from a big city annoy me.

Try coming to a small area like Southern Maryland. This place is boring.

I enjoy my business trips to Orlando. Always something to do.  

With all this being said...I'm coming to Orlando in 2 weeks on business...who wants to have some bro time with me?  First 2 rounds on me. 

Lake Mary, FL was voted the #3 city in America a while back. Seminole County has excellent public schools and its a safe environment to raise a family. If your about that fast pace life then Orlando may bore you but there's plenty of stuff to do, you just need a whip. The majority of the people hating on Orlando are probably from major urban areas who aren't used to suburban life at all. Avoid Orange County at all costs, cause they have some of the worst schools in the nation.

P.S. if your kids are interested in sports, Orlando is the spot. We have excellent youth sports programs and produce great talent, you get that with any area that has beautiful weather year round but with Disney Wide World of Sports and AAU Headquarters located here, I couldn't think of a better place IMO.

Thanks all for the great points of view. Im 36 though im one of those is just a number type. Seems to me the majority opinion somewhat describes Pittsburgh. Boring as hell. Other than my pens and steelers its lame. Wonder how many of you been here to compare really. If you live in most parts of Florida, you def have a one up. Come up her and Ill take u to the beach in Erie, Kennywood or Sandcastle. Anyone familiar with those knows what im saying. I have heard though that the schools can be up to a year behind in curriculum. My oldest is in 10th grade and he next 3 just started school. Tough call.

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by pookieman

I made the move to Orlando from Toronto in 06....for a woman at that....Orlando is boring as hell....only good thing is the outlet malls. Women are wack, dudes are hood, its racist as all hell...clubs are wack....cost of living is low tho.....

laugh.gif
 Pookie pretty much summed it up. My hometown is about 30 mins away from Orlando & the entire surrounding area is like this. My suggestion is unless it's a high paying job that you're moving for, don't do it fam.

lakeland?

ORLANDO IS LAME AS #@%*.

if you want to move to fl then do tampa, west palm, fort lauderdale, miami.

ORLANDO IS LAME AS #@%*.

also forget jacksonville, this place is just south georgia. can't wait to get back down south where a brother can actually approach a woman of any race without fear of getting hit with the rape whistle. smh

Orlando is only nice to visit. It's cheap to live there though, but you will be bored of it in no time. Your kids might like it though.

Originally Posted by JuJu

ORLANDO IS LAME AS #@%*.

if you want to move to fl then do tampa, west palm, fort lauderdale, miami.

ORLANDO IS LAME AS #@%*.

also forget jacksonville, this place is just south georgia. can't wait to get back down south where a brother can actually approach a woman of any race without fear of getting hit with the rape whistle. smh
laugh.gif
jacksonville is trash.  i got family in greencove.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom