Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i'm going to bring the Smirnoff Ice to the party. Let's talk worst case scenario:

(from Chad Ford)
Let's say the Cavs take Porter #1.

Orlando Takes Noel #2

Who do we take?

Probably Mclemore....maybe trade out?

Yea was bout to say the wiz aint a lock to land porter...cavs might take him which could mess the whole draft up

Ok, i'm going to bring the Smirnoff Ice to the party. Let's talk worst case scenario:

(from Chad Ford)
One dark horse for No. 1 pick? Georgetown's Otto Porter. Cavs love him. Perfect fit. Helps right away.

Orlando Takes Noel #2

Who do we take?
Trade down.

Teams talk themselves into "loving" players in their draft range.  Cleveland expected to pick in the 3-4 range, not 1-2.  This changes their thought process.  Trust me, they're going to spend a LOT of time in the coming weeks thinking about what Noel could do for them defensively.  They are a BAD defensive team with no rim protection.  If your team can't stop guard penetration, adding Porter doesn't really address that problem.  Varejao's in the last year of his deal and he blocks one shot every two games.  

If the Cavs really want Porter that badly, I'm sure they'll try to swindle Ernie into swapping picks, but we have nothing to give that they want.  We're not trading Beal and they already have Waiters.  It makes no sense and they can't trade any further down than Washington, as we'll take Porter if he's available. 

Personally, I think they'll choose Noel and be thrilled to death about it.  

I'm just glad we were able to get our pick without tanking shamelessly. 

Hopefully there isn't some random European player that suddenly appears on teams' radars just before the draft for the Wiz to draft.

Trade this pick and anyone but Wall and Beal to Sac for DMC and tank next season

I would not be mad... Next years draft is loaded. Wiggins, Parker, Harrison Twins, Randle

We shouldnt be tanking next season that 8th spot can legititmately be ours

That being said I dont believe next years class is that special, idk but i love marcus smart besides that i feel most of these freshmen will be exposed

This was a blessing. Im sure the Cavs will take Noel, Orlando takes McLemore, we take Porter.
It all works out.:pimp:

Leaning toward this. I think Cleveland is bluffing on Otto going num 1.

But man am i glad we won't have to settle for Zeller or Len...unless we trade down and get something else in return.

Leaning toward this. I think Cleveland is bluffing on Otto going num 1.

But man am i glad we won't have to settle for Zeller or Len...unless we trade down and get something else in return.

Personally, I don't think there's a chance Cleveland takes Porter. All smokescreens/bluffing.

#3 couldn't have worked out any better for the Wizards. I'm still can't believe the luck we had. This is SO "un-Wizards."

I'm really curious to see what they do with the 2 2nd round picks. I hope EG packages them (with a player) and moves up into the late 1st. Getting a guy like Withey or Adams would be HUGE.

Trade this pick and anyone but Wall and Beal to Sac for DMC and tank next season

I would not be mad... Next years draft is loaded. Wiggins, Parker, Harrison Twins, Randle

That being said I dont believe next years class is that special, idk but i love marcus smart besides that i feel most of these freshmen will be exposed
i feel the same way about next years draft class, thats why I never was a fan of teams overlooking a current draft class for the next years (Except the 2000 draft :lol: ) ..but we'll see how the rookies and freshman do in a few months

(from Chad Ford)

One dark horse for No. 1 pick? Georgetown's Otto Porter. Cavs love him. Perfect fit. Helps right away.

Orlando Takes Noel #2

Who do we take?

At this point i think chad ford is trolling

Trey Burke going 2nd is in his mock draft

8th spot? Honestly, most 8th seeds dont get out of the  first round, so I would take the lottery pick over the 8th seed. Eighth seed next year gets us stuck in between good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to have a legit shot at a championship. 4-6 seed in the playoffs I would be okay with that.

Most people would have Andrew Wiggins as the number 1 pick this year if he could enter the draft. Jabari Parker would also be a top pick this year if could come out. I think next years draft is gonna be great. 

8th spot? Honestly, most 8th seeds dont get out of the  first round, so I would take the lottery pick over the 8th seed. Eighth seed next year gets us stuck in between good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to have a legit shot at a championship. 4-6 seed in the playoffs I would be okay with that.

Most people would have Andrew Wiggins as the number 1 pick this year if he could enter the draft. Jabari Parker would also be a top pick this year if could come out. I think next years draft is gonna be great. 

If the Wizards are around .500 and are the 8th seed, I think most people would take that. I know I would. On top of it all, I think it would be safe to say that the team would FINALLY be trending upwards.

Remember, we have two huge contracts coming off the books next year (Ariza/Okafor), so there's a possibility that this team can acquire better players through FA to fill a need and also give depth.

I'd love a nucleus of Porter, Beal, and Wall. All we'd need is a low post threat and we'd be in business.

Playoffs should be a realistic goal from here on out.

Otto's agent is David Falk.

Wonder how that's going to play out...

I can really see him lobbying hard to Cleveland to take Otto #1. We all know he doesn't want him in DC.

Ecstatic over the draft position. I feel a stretch forward would give the team the shooting it needs to significantly affect the offensive efficiency - so Porter seems like the obvious fit should he be available, but there's plenty of directions they can go if he isn't. It's just too bad Grunfeld is the one steering the ship...

Last edited:
Good fortune in the District...I'm so appalled!

Wizards finally get good "luck" when I'm getting ready to move to Sacramento....where was this the last 22 seasons!? :smh: :smokin:smokin:smokin

Otto's agent is David Falk.

Wonder how that's going to play out...

I can really see him lobbying hard to Cleveland to take Otto #1. We all know he doesn't want him in DC.
Should be interesting, but I see no possible way Cleveland take Otto #1. Wall, Beal and Porter are a great nucleus, especially in the east.

I think you guys will be taking a huge leap if you guys pick up Otto. He was my preferred choice for the Cavs if we couldn't land the #1.

Wish you guys the best.

Last edited:
I think you guys land Otto and that will be a nice core for you guys for many years assuming Wall/Beal continue to improve which they should.

If the Cavs somehow take Porter #1. that'll be because they aren't confident in Noel's knee. Simple as that.

If the Wizards are around .500 and are the 8th seed, I think most people would take that. I know I would. On top of it all, I think it would be safe to say that the team would FINALLY be trending upwards.

Remember, we have two huge contracts coming off the books next year (Ariza/Okafor), so there's a possibility that this team can acquire better players through FA to fill a need and also give depth.

I'd love a nucleus of Porter, Beal, and Wall. All we'd need is a low post threat and we'd be in business.

Playoffs should be a realistic goal from here on out.
I dont know I hope I am wrong. I just dont trust the front office of the Wizards. Thats why I want us to luck into drafting a superstar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom