**WASHINGTON WIZARDS 2012 Off-Season Thread ** Welcome to DC, Bradley Beal!!

Going forward (thinking about the draft),

Who do you all want here?

My targets are Thomas Robinson or MKG. I highly doubt we'll end up with the #1, but I'd love either of those guys here in DC.

As far as FAs, what about looking at Ilyasova, Humphries, Anderson, Batum, and Gordon? Depending on what pick we get in the draft and who we pick, I'd like to add Gordon for sure...but we'd have a nice choice as far as PFs and SFs...

any thoughts?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

My targets are Thomas Robinson or MKG. I highly doubt we'll end up with the #1, but I'd love either of those guys here in DC.

As far as FAs, what about looking at Ilyasova, Humphries, Anderson, Batum, and Gordon? Depending on what pick we get in the draft and who we pick, I'd like to add Gordon for sure...but we'd have a nice choice as far as PFs and SFs...

any thoughts?
We talked about the draft prospects on Twitter (Robinson and MKG
smokin.gif
) the other day, but I don't think you can answer these draft and free agent questions until you decide on the youngsters (Vesely, Singleton, Booker, Crawford and McGee). The problem is it's virtually impossible to predict their futures going forward.

The move that absolutely needs to occur is Blatche being amnestied.

It's not impossible to me. All of them stay except Crawford. No question.

I just really think there's the basis of a good team somewhere within. No matter what, though, they do need an identity. And a prolific wing scorer (not Nick Young).

Originally Posted by PMatic

any thoughts?
We talked about the draft prospects on Twitter (Robinson and MKG
smokin.gif
) the other day, but I don't think you can answer these draft and free agent questions until you decide on the youngsters (Vesely, Singleton, Booker, Crawford and McGee). The problem is it's virtually impossible to predict their futures going forward.

The move that absolutely needs to occur is Blatche being amnestied.

Out of all the guys you named, I think Booker is the only one who SHOULD be back next year.  That's not to say that I wouldn't mind having a guy likeVes on the roster, but I wouldn't be mad at all if he's moved via trade. 

The thing about McGee...I think everyone is so hot/cold with him.  One game, he's totally into it and looks to be a servicable 5.  However, he'll then have a game like last night where he gets benched for the entire 2nd half.  On top of it all, the guys on the floor (Booker, Mason, Evans, and Singleton) helped erase a 19 point deficit.  I just don't know about him.  He's got TREMENDOUS upside.  I will say that.  And it can be argued that he's much further along than Tyson Chandler at 24 years old.  What type of value would he bring back? Having a good center is hard to come by and we've all seen guys leave DC and absolutely flourish with other squads.  That's what I don't want to happen.  It's a catch-22 with McGee.   

Which Line up would you all like the best in 2012-13

McGee
Robinson
Batum
Gordon
Wall

McGee
Ilyasova
MKG
Gordon
Wall

McGee
Humphries
MKG
Gordon
Wall

McGee
Anderson
MKG
Gordon
Wall

McGee
Robinson
Chandler
Gordon
Wall

If Gordon doesn't come in, what are some other SG options? 

I want MKG in the draft.  The kid is a winner.  I don't think he is the scorer we need but he is def a franchise staple for any team for the foreseeable future. 

I like Eric Gordon a lot, but he's too injury prone to commit the money that he'll demand. And even when healthy, he probably isn't worth the money.

If you want a steady SG in the mold of Arron Afflalo, take a look at Courtney Lee this summer. I agree with Kev that the Wizards need an identity and wing scorer.

I'm still an OKC fan until the draft...but since we're talking about prospects I'll chime in.

- Obviously...Anthony Davis is the cream of the crop but the Wizards likely won't be gifted the #1 overall pick.

- Been watching T-Rob play since he was 16...did NOT AT ALL think he would turn into the monster that he is now. Hometown kid would be an EXCELLENT story but I'm not sure about what he translates to in the NBA. Not really sure what's much different between Booker now and how T-Rob projects to be in the NBA.

- Kid might end up being superb one day but I'm done w/ the projects...so I want no parts of Andre Drummond if he does enter the draft.

- I go back and forth on Harrison Barnes daily...but he's an upgrade over anything manning the 3 spot on the current roster. 2nd on my list of desired players after Davis.

- Arnett Moultrie is my sleeper pick. Plays harder than any big on the team currently not named Booker. Him and Vesley project to be similar players but Vesley seems to be FAR away in his development at this point.

- MKG is second favorite player in this draft. Not really sure what he projects to be on the next level...but he's got the athleticism, intangibles, and the motor to excel on the next level. I'll be interested to see what he measures out to be in the combine. If he's 6'6...I wonder if that'll hurt his stock. Don't see him ever being a 2 guard. Not a given he'll enter either.

- We have Perry Jones on the team already. He's just taller, lighter, and wears #34. No thanks.

JaVale McGee and Nick Young benched in favor of Kevin Seraphin and Jordan Crawford tonight.

Edit:
- MKG is second favorite player in this draft. Not really sure what he projects to be on the next level...but he's got the athleticism, intangibles, and the motor to excel on the next level.
350x.jpg

What about Bradley beal ? Wall & Beal in the backcourt could be something 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Mike gilchrist & T Rob are nice
pimp.gif
but with chris singleton and trevor booker already on the team they do a lot of the same things as those two but not as talented of course

Wizards need vets.  Adding more young guys isn't the answer no matter how talented they are.  Kids cant teach kids how to win.

I'd keep Wall, McGee, and Booker. I hate Javale but he's too talented and young to give up on. 

if an undersized guy like Booker can come in and outplay McGee i don't see him as indispensable.. Booker's kept him on the bench since last game and we've played better.

also Wall has stepped it up. his J was on today
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

if an undersized guy like Booker can come in and outplay McGee i don't see him as indispensable.. Booker's kept him on the bench since last game and we've played better.

pimp.gif

But he's a bust. 

Originally Posted by DT43

pimp.gif

But he's a bust. 
exactly

that thread looks dumber and dumber by the day, especially after Kyrie's name got thrown in

Trevor kicking J. Rich
roll.gif
smokin.gif
.  I love trevor booker.  Dude plays hard every play keep him on the court.
There are stretches were Jordan Crawford looks like a certified star.  He had that run last night where he came down hit two shots and then made that sick no look pass to Serefin under the basket.  He just needs better shot selection and he could be a very good player.  

I can see the MKG vs the matrix comparison.  But at least MKG shoots the ball like a some what normal human.  Can't even put into words marions shot technique.  But indications are MKG is staying at kentucky next year.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Trevor kicking J. Rich
roll.gif
smokin.gif
.  I love trevor booker.  Dude plays hard every play keep him on the court.
There are stretches were Jordan Crawford looks like a certified star.  He had that run last night where he came down hit two shots and then made that sick no look pass to Serefin under the basket.  He just needs better shot selection and he could be a very good player.  

I can see the MKG vs the matrix comparison.  But at least MKG shoots the ball like a some what normal human.  Can't even put into words marions shot technique.  But indications are MKG is staying at kentucky next year.
Love what I'm seeing out of Booker.  He's been the most improved player on the team this year.  He's earned his minutes.  Speaking of earning minutes...I respect the hell outta Wittman for actually holding guys accountable for how they're playing.  Say what you want about his coaching style etc., but this is something that Flip NEVER did.  He'd always talk about it, but we'd see the same lineup the next night w. the same guys who continuted to mess up.  Hopefully the message is sent and it gets through the thick skulls of McGee and NickYoung. 

And yea...MKG said he's not only staying at UK next year...but for all FOUR years
laugh.gif
  We'll see what his actual decision is after the tourney.  If he stays, then Harrison Barnes should be the focus at SF through the draft (assuming we don't land the #1 overall or of T-Rob is off the board). 

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Nobody love for Jeremy Lamb?

I think most of us think (and hope) that we'll get a selection in the top-5.  Jeremy Lamb, IMO, is a late lottery pick.  He'd fill a need on this team (as would Beal)...but if they get a pick in the top-5, he's not an option. 

Now...if the Wizards could secure another pick in the 13-20 range, then I think taking someone at the SG spot makes a lot of sense.  

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Javale is going to be gone before the deadline.  Maybe he'll be part of a deal that returns that 2nd 1st round pick as well as another player to fill the void at the 5. 

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Wizards need vets.  Adding more young guys isn't the answer no matter how talented they are.  Kids cant teach kids how to win.

I'd keep Wall, McGee, and Booker. I hate Javale but he's too talented and young to give up on. 
Talent = Being athletic?

Really eager to see what we're gonna do by the trade deadline, thats when our off season starts imo and we can begin fixing this mess of a team.

We have no chance at keeping Wall unless we land a top notch STAR in this years draft. Besides Anthony Davis, do you guys think anyone else really fits that mold?

NBA Trade Rumors: A Primer to Javale's Value

^VERY interesting read....

Warriors: Mark Jackson will take "Kwame [Brown] with one arm over a lot of guys with two arms." But as the Jeremy Lin saga illustrated, he takes what the front office gives him, and the front-office just failed to swipe DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers. All of this with lottery pick Ekpe Udoh on the roster. The Wizards and the Warriors have plenty of history together...keep an eye out. Trade Meter: Medium to High

nerd.gif

Squeaked out the win tonight...

Real quick, I don't think there is any way Randy Wittman starts Nick Young from here on out. Jordan Crawford has done a hell of a job in the past 3-4 games.

*edit*

another thing....Wizards have 8 wins on the year...8.  PLEASE chill w. the confetti at the end of the games please.  That was embarrassing. 

I'm still not sold on Jordan Crawford. I'd prefer players that can do multiple things and as of right now he's all offense. My point is, SOMEBODY has to score on every bad team and he just seems like he's that guy. It wasn't too long ago when we were talking about how promising Blatche looked when he was putting up decent numbers for us
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom