Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance the proposed DeJaun Blair deal means we're calling off the ill advised Kris Humphries signing?  

Blair played his heart out in the Mavs' first round series against the Spurs.  Two great moves in 24 hours (three if you count the Ariza sign and trade.)   I can hardly believe it.

Any chance the proposed DeJaun Blair deal means we're calling off the ill advised Kris Humphries signing?  

Blair played his heart out in the Mavs' first round series against the Spurs.  Two great moves in 24 hours (three if you count the Ariza sign and trade.)   I can hardly believe it.

Its like... We're in the twilight zone :lol:

Michael Lee ‏@MrMichaelLee 1m
Sources: Trevor Booker has agreed to terms with Utah on a free agent deal. #wizards

Sad to see him go. Nothing bad to say about Booker.

WojYahooNBA: Kris Humphries has agreed to a three-year, $13M deal with Washington, league source tells Yahoo Sports. Team option on third year.

*3rd year non-guaranteed....

I like this.

ZachLowe_NBA: Humphries at that price is a nice signing for the Wiz. Quality backup big.

and we got Lowe's blessing....

Last edited:
This deal looks like it's cheaper than what Booker got, decent trade off.

Wonder if this means no Dejaun Blair.

Does everything Booker does. Just as athletic and strong...maybe slightly bigger. And he came cheaper.

If this move costs us Blair, I take back every nice thing I've considered saying about Ernie this summer.  

Trevor gave us great minutes in the Chicago series, but he was a "sometimes" player.  In the regular season, if we wasn't starting, he didn't bring it.  It's a little sad to see him go, but he's not worth $5 million per to this team. 

Does everything Booker does. Just as athletic and strong...maybe slightly bigger. And he came cheaper.
Not maybe, Humphries si at least 3-4 inches taller than Booker.

I liked Trevor's energy, but he had a low bball IQ and he was just too small a lot of the time.

Humphries is going to be an upgrade there, especially offensively. If (I mean when) Nene goes down, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Humphries starting for a stretch than Booker.

Last edited:
Btw, Glen Rice Jr has been a damn beast in SL.. It's just SL of course, but one thing I like is that he's drawing a lot of fouls which is something that can translate to the league.

Between Rice Jr and Porter, we're gonna have some youth on the wings in our rotation this year.

Btw, Glen Rice Jr has been a damn beast in SL.. It's just SL of course, but one thing I like is that he's drawing a lot of fouls which is something that can translate to the league.

Between Rice Jr and Porter, we're gonna have some youth on the wings in our rotation this year.

hopefully we utilize Rice this year i barely remember him playing last season, and the only footage i have in my mind is him getting mixed by Kyrie

Otto has more pressure on him with the Webster news, hopefully Pierce takes most of his shoulder but too much can't be placed on a player his age either

If this move costs us Blair, I take back every nice thing I've considered saying about Ernie this summer.  

Trevor gave us great minutes in the Chicago series, but he was a "sometimes" player.  In the regular season, if we wasn't starting, he didn't bring it.  It's a little sad to see him go, but he's not worth $5 million per to this team. 

Why are you against this move? Dude plays like an animal and is VERY efficient w/ the mid-range game. He's a major upgrade over Booker and is a better player than Blair. Also, the 3rd year is a team option, so EG did another nice job.

in other news:

Eric Pincus [emoji]10004[/emoji] @EricPincus
Follow

Missed this but Drew Gooden re-signed with the Washington Wizards - I believe a 1-year deal

Man, we're putting together a DEEP team. Need to get another PG in here, doe.

*A lot of people are on the Khem Birch bandwagon and think he'll get a TC invite.

I know it's only summer league, and I'm trying not to get hype, but man Otto and Rice look good.

If Otto could just give us 20+ minutes a game and Rice cracked the rotation I'd count that as a W.

How can you say that? Kris is a better rebounder, scorer and defensive player than both of those dudes and he is a vet. I like what I'm seeing with this bench. We got legit role players who know their role.

Wall

Beal

Pierce

Nene

Gortat

Bench

Andre

Webster/Glen

Porter

Kris/Harrington

Gooden/Kevin

We need to sign this dude Khem Birch, he's an undersized hustle guy like Booker but a much better defender (longer wingspan)

How can you say that? Kris is a better rebounder, scorer and defensive player than both of those dudes and he is a vet. I like what I'm seeing with this bench. We got legit role players who know their role.

Wall
Beal
Pierce
Nene
Gortat

Bench

Andre
Webster/Glen
Porter
Kris/Harrington
Gooden/Kevin
Agreed. I actually think Humphries can take a lot of minutes from Nene and give him some rest.

Dajuan Blair is a great hustle guy off the bench but he's not starting material. Humphries just two years ago averaged 14/11 as a starter. When Nene decides to take his midseason vacation, I don't think we'll miss too much starting Humphries for a stretch of time.

Look at Humphries shot chart, dude is money from midrange. Gonna help us a lot w/ floor spacing

atRazmN.png

We need to sign this dude Khem Birch, he's an undersized hustle guy like Booker but a much better defender (longer wingspan)
I like what I've seen from him.  He's extremely athletic and has a raw, yet developing offensive game.  He'd provide us with a strong defensive presence off the bench.

Last edited:
In the past Kris Humphries seemed to not care at certain games. Im not a fan of his signing.
But he is an upgrade over 6'7 Booker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom