**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

OK...so it's now kinda looking like Mike Miller will be elsewhere come July 1.  I'd love to see him stick around, but I can definitely respect his decision to play for a contender.  He'd be a great fit on the Lakers, Bulls, or whatever team Lebron decides to go to.  Awesome skill-set and can do MANY things on offense. 

Most Wizards fans wouldn’t mind seeing Mike Miller on the team next year, but know there is virtually no chance of it happening, despite Miller’s offer of loyalty immediately after the last game of the season, and more recently http://www.bulletsforever.com/2010/6/3/1499226/mike-miller-told-me-with-the/www.bulletsforever.com/2010/6/3/1499226/mike-miller-told-me-with-the">http://www.bulletsforever...-miller-told-me-with-the');" target="_blank">telling Comcast’s Chris Miller, “the Wizards landing the number one pick changes everything,â€

Let him go...didn't really want him back either way. Let one of the younger guys develop. Hopefully Thornton can do something this year.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Let him go...didn't really want him back either way. Let one of the younger guys develop. Hopefully Thornton can do something this year.
Thornton is gonna be playing for a contract too....

if he averages anything under 15ppg, I'll be disappointed.  I'm hoping Thornton turns out to be a steal like when the Wizards got Butler from the Lakers a few years back....

/\ 30 + 35 will really depend on alot of things. I think they like alot of guys who project to be available there. Guys will slide...which will impact who will choose that late.

That said...I want Stephenson & Varnado but we'll see.

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

Who do u think the wizards will get with the 30th and 35th pick?

I think w. those picks, they'll be looking at:

Lance Stephenson
Dominique Jones
Larry Sanders
Jarvis Varnado
Greivis Vasquez
Terrico White
Quincy Pondexter
etc etc....

that being said, there is always that one player who slips (Darnell Arthur, DaJuan Blair, etc)...so you never know who may fall into the Wizards laps by the time they pick for the 30 & 35...

Didn't even realize that bald guy is Sam Cassell
laugh.gif

why would the media tell him all that stuff about his father while he was still at his workout?
smh.gif

and his jumpshot is a major issue.. i don't think it's as bad as Rondo's though, he has better technique. he's a little worse than Rose, and Rose is becoming a dangerous midrange player already.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Are NBA solitary workouts usually conducted with that much nonchalantness on the behalf of the coaching staff...

Maybe its me, just the drills seemed to not really "work" John Wall

Can't really judge vids because you don't know at what point in the workout they are at.

The individual workouts definitely "work" the hell out of the participant.

Wall's jumpshot still as broke as ever.

But getting to learn from Rod Strickland and now Sam Cassell?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just came across this....

-- I’ve long mentioned LeBron as a possibility for the Lakers, and you already hear rumbles of Andrew Bynum being available. Of course, he’s had injury problems, but he is a real center and post player, a rarity in this NBA. Bosh has been rumored to L.A., also, with Bynum a sign and trade possibility. But in watching the Lakers win the championship, many things stood out. Namely, in the end, it was a risky acquisition, Ron Artest, who made the difference, and there’s a need for a point guard and scoring even though Derek Fisher hit some big shots once again. But he is 36 in August.

So could/would the Lakers put together something for Gilbert Arenas? We hear all this stuff now how the new Wizards owner is becoming close with Arenas, but the Wizards know they will never get the most out of No. 1 pick John Wall as long as Arenas and his monstrous personality are around. They’d love to move on. Certainly the biggest obstacle for anyone is those four big years left on his deal.

If I were the Lakers, I’d go for LeBron or Bosh. But if Kobe did not want that kind of ego and personality around, Arenas may make sense. He is from L.A., he’s been a huge scorer in the league at point guard and really is more a tweener guard, which fits Phil Jackson’s two guard front in the triangle. Jackson’s never needed a classic, true point guard. Just to get rid of Arenas and his money, you figure the Wizards would take some combination of Sasha Vujacic and Luke Walton and a sign-and-trade for someone else, maybe even Lamar Odom. Maybe even have the owner drive Arenas there. No one’s better dealing with troubled players than Jackson and Arenas puts 20 more points into the game. Now Fisher can come off the bench in fewer minutes, which would fit better. And now you keep Bynum, which gives them size and more scoring.

Link

So the Lakers, while it's being reported want Phil Jackson to take a pay cut, are willing to tack on Arenas' contract, resign Fisher to put him on the bench, and, give up one of their bigs in Odom (the main reason the Lakers are so tough to deal with, their size). I find this pretty hard to believe.

Yeah taking on Gilberts contract plus giving up Odom is NOT happening. I'll take Gil for the MLE maybe along with sasha + luke being traded.

Lakers wouldnt trade Puke, just for his father imo. Its not like hes terrible either.

IMO, they're going to resign both brown and fisher. they're going to need a 3rd team if they wanted this to work out.

Absolutely can NOT move Odom if you are going to keep Bynum.  Bynum's injury woes alone keep Odom on the club. 

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

LeBron a possibility for Lakers? Arenas to LA for Vujacic/Walton/Odom?
laugh.gif
That !##+ is ASININE, c'mon DJ's.
laugh.gif
don't shoot the messenger....it's a stretch BIG TIME. 

Some news & notes....

From Micheal Lee's twitter...

Wiz actively in pursuit of another pick in 12-26 range. Obvious targets have been contacted - MEM, MIN, OKC, ATL & MIA - & many others.

&

Javaris Crittenton (#13) made $1.4 million "playing" for the Washington Wizards this season, but was cut midway through the season and did not have the fourth year option on his rookie contract picked up last summer. He'll try to earn a contract playing summer league with the Lakers in Las Vegas from July 9-18.

Link

Back
Top Bottom