**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

Rumors....

This is from DX twitter...

Hearing some chatter from a trusted NBA source about a potential Gilbert Arenas for Vince Carter trade in the works. Wonder how real it is.   

From Michael Lee's twitter....

Was told Wiz & ORL talked about Arenas-Carter swap, but conversation didn't get far. One prominent player agent said, "Not going to happen."

From David Aldridge

Chicago and Washington have also expressed interest in Rudy Fernandez, 25, who was acquired from Phoenix in 2007 on Draft night and signed with Portland the following summer. The Bulls would like to move their first-round pick, 17th overall, for Fernandez. The Wizards offered guard Nick Young for Fernandez but were turned down.   

Link

We still trying to get another 1st round pick in the late teens or whatever?  What's the word on that DoubleJs?

Originally Posted by ryaneff23

We still trying to get another 1st round pick in the late teens or whatever?  What's the word on that DoubleJs?

That's the word....in the 12-17 range if possible....

Leonsis has made it no secret that he wants to stockpile picks.  They slept on that #18 deal from Miami...OKC got it basically for nothing....

Very nice.  If we really want to get rid of Gil now, I kinda like that Gil for VC trade.  I would think the Magic would like it too, after VC got outplayed by JJ Reddick in the Boston series.  Doesn't Gil have a strong relationship with their GM, too?

i'd be heated if we trade Gilbert for VC. the only benefit there is financial... its a loss in all other aspects.

Originally Posted by DT43

i'd be heated if we trade Gilbert for VC. the only benefit there is financial... its a loss in all other aspects.

I feel you... I really don't want to see Vince in DC... They are just trying to get Gils contract off...

Shiiiiiiiit. Sign me up for Vince. I don't know what the hell ya'll talkin bout.

Get rid of Gil...plus Vince off the books in one year.

Ya'll on drugs if ya'll wouldn't take that.

[font='Lucida Grande', sans-serif]
josh_childress1.jpg
[/font]
[/font]

grin.gif

[/font]

^ehh.. taking on Hinrich's 2 yr contract is not worth the #17 pick. we'll have to see who we can draft but as of now i dont like it.

why would we go for Hinrich? we already have too many damn tweener guards in the backcourt, i dont see how this helps at all. unless the VC/Arenas deal has already gone through under the table.

too many tweener guards in the backcourt?

Who? that actually figure to be with the team next year?

Check this out.... (from same link)

Since it's a good-faith deal for the time being, there remains a chance it could fall apart. But according to one source, the Sacramento Kings are prepared to make a similar deal with the Bulls in the Wizards' stead if that were to happen.

Back
Top Bottom