**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

Originally Posted by DT43

^ehh.. taking on Hinrich's 2 yr contract is not worth the #17 pick. we'll have to see who we can draft but as of now i dont like it.

why would we go for Hinrich? we already have too many damn tweener guards in the backcourt, i dont see how this helps at all. unless the VC/Arenas deal has already gone through under the table.

Why would you go for Kirk Hinrich?....maybe because he's a GREAT fit next to John Wall. Don't forget that he's been playing next to a very similar player in Derrick Rose. Hinrich can play off the ball and defend the other team's best backcourt player so Wall doesn't need to. People are getting a little rediculous right now over contracts, just realize you got one of the top backcourt defenders in the league and the #17 pick for pretty much nothing. You also just got a really good defender in Childress to come off the bench for you.
Wall/Foye

Hinrich/Young

VC/Childress

Blatche/Thorton

Mcgee/Oberto

That team is making the playoffs next season

Yes this trade works well for the both of us. Thank You DC... You Stay Classy
pimp.gif

MikeJonesSports

Sources confirm Wiz-Bulls agreement that brings Hinrich and 17th pick to D.C. Wiz had wanted vet PG to mentor Wall, source says.

Interesting comment from the team.....and I think yall know what I'm getting at.

Why add Hinrich to an already crowded backcourt with Wall and Arenas?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

From John Hollinger....

OKC swallowed $2 million to get the 18th pick. Wash swallowed $17 million to get 17th pick. Quick quiz: Which team is run better?

Better question what has a bigger gap between them the 17th to the 18th pick or kirk hinrich to daequan cook? kirk hinrich great defender, good shooter ..daequan cook streaky 3 ball shooter at best 

You know what, @@#! whoever else is in that backcourt except Hinrich. Release them, trade them, whatever. Draft Bledsoe with that #17 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Since when is Hinrich a bum?  I agree with Buc Em that Hinrich and Rose was a legit back court.  If Deng woulda showed up, the Bulls would have been a force this year.  I still like this move.

Since when is Hinrich a bum?  I agree with Buc Em that Hinrich and Rose was a legit back court.  If Deng woulda showed up, the Bulls would have been a force this year.  I still like this move.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

MikeJonesSports

Sources confirm Wiz-Bulls agreement that brings Hinrich and 17th pick to D.C. Wiz had wanted vet PG to mentor Wall, source says.

Interesting comment from the team.....and I think yall know what I'm getting at.

Kirk is a nice player but I wouldnt want him to mentor Wall.

who else would you want to mentor him?...gilbert?

if that statement came directly from the wiz then gilbert could be gone real soon

Originally Posted by Buc Em

^ehh.. taking on Hinrich's 2 yr contract is not worth the #17 pick. we'll have to see who we can draft but as of now i dont like it.

why would we go for Hinrich? we already have too many damn tweener guards in the backcourt, i dont see how this helps at all. unless the VC/Arenas deal has already gone through under the table.

Why would you go for Kirk Hinrich?....maybe because he's a GREAT fit next to John Wall. Don't forget that he's been playing next to a very similar player in Derrick Rose. Hinrich can play off the ball and defend the other team's best backcourt player so Wall doesn't need to. People are getting a little rediculous right now over contracts, just realize you got one of the top backcourt defenders in the league and the #17 pick for pretty much nothing. You also just got a really good defender in Childress to come off the bench for you.
Wall/Foye

Hinrich/Young

VC/Childress

Blatche/Thorton

Mcgee/Oberto

lol at "we got Hinrich and the #17 pick for pretty much nothing"... no, we got them for $17 million between this year and next. if we can unload Hinrich between now and then, fine. but it looks like they're trying to keep him, and once again we vastly overpaid for a backup guard. Randy Foye turned out great. and as of now, that VC/Arenas stuff as well as the Childress signing are just rumors.. Arenas will play for the Wizards next season.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

too many tweener guards in the backcourt?

Who? that actually figure to be with the team next year?
lookat all our backcourt players... Arenas, Wall, Hinrich, Nick Young (ouronly true SG, who sucks).. and we basically told a solid player inLivingston to go ahead and sign with the Lakers because there's nospace for him here.
Originally Posted by pdouly33

Sam Presti > Ernie Grunfeld.

That is all.
no +#!$. i don't know why Grunfeld still has a job..
tired.gif

Pretty sure DoubleJs is hinting at Gilbert getting moved and not being a part of the team's future.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

^ehh..taking on Hinrich's 2 yr contract is not worth the #17 pick. we'll haveto see who we can draft but as of now i dont like it.

why would we go for Hinrich? we already have too many damn tweenerguards in the backcourt, i dont see how this helps at all. unless theVC/Arenas deal has already gone through under the table.

Whywould you go for Kirk Hinrich?....maybe because he's a GREAT fit nextto John Wall. Don't forget that he's been playing next to a verysimilar player in Derrick Rose. Hinrich can play off the ball anddefend the other team's best backcourt player so Wall doesn't need to.People are getting a little rediculous right now over contracts, justrealize you got one of the top backcourt defenders in the league andthe #17 pick for pretty much nothing. You also just got a really gooddefender in Childress to come off the bench for you.
Wall/Foye

Hinrich/Young

VC/Childress

Blatche/Thorton

Mcgee/Oberto

lolat "we got Hinrich and the #17 pick for pretty much nothing"... no, wegot them for $17 million between this year and next. if we can unloadHinrich between now and then, fine. but it looks like they're trying tokeep him, and once again we vastly overpaid for a backup guard. RandyFoye turned out great. and as of now, that VC/Arenas stuff as well asthe Childress signing are just rumors.. Arenas will play for theWizards next season.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

too many tweener guards in the backcourt?

Who? that actually figure to be with the team next year?
lookat all our backcourt players... Arenas, Wall, Hinrich, Nick Young (ouronly true SG, who sucks).. and we basically told a solid player inLivingston to go ahead and sign with the Lakers because there's nospace for him here. the moral of the story is that we just sent Lebron and Bosh/Joe Johnson to Chicago for no apparent reason.
Originally Posted by pdouly33

Sam Presti > Ernie Grunfeld.

That is all.
no *$$#. i don't know why Grunfeld still has a job..
tired.gif

So what was all that about Trevor Booker?  If that's true, idk if I like that. 

Can't comment on that French dude, cuz idk anything about him.

Back
Top Bottom