**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by AgentPD21

If you guys trade Agent Zero, I swear your regret it.
laugh.gif
Good one.

anyways....

Wizards wasting NO time...
pimp.gif

4731878291_c3dcd2245a.jpg

Link

pimp.gif

Ehh I feel like they could have came up with something better than Game-Changer. Saw the local news...they were interviewing people on the streets....they were elated.

Great Wall of Chinatown
pimp.gif

Happy for the City, even though I am not a Wizards fan, but I will definitely be tuned in to every game to see the young dude.

I hope Randle makes the squad.

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

wait wheres josh howard?
smile.gif

Free Agent....he had a nice 4 game run in DC.

But seriously...I love Randle's game.  IF he made the roster, he'd be the best shooter on the team by far.  There are still a lot of roster spots to be filled, and there may be a back-up PG position available depending on what happens with Shaun Livingston (who I expect to leave) and Gil (who Ric Bucher said will be moved by the Feb deadline at the latest). 

your GM just pulled off a move to %@%# with his ex-employer. you people should be outraged

have fun with this giant douche. just cut off his nose to spite his face. your boy just tried to create a dynasty in chicago. have fun playing against them.

you take back a average player at best for 2 years and a terrible pick all for a future second rounder? unbelievable

Check this out....

Another team that was involved in many crazy rumors on draft night was the Orlando Magic. While Magic fans were still drooling over a potential Chris Paul trade, it seems a more realistic deal to wrap their head around could be coming. Multiple sources say that the Magic have discussed a deal with the Washington Wizards that would swap Vince Carter for Kirk Hinrich, Randy Foye, and Al Thornton.

The Wizards first inquired about Carter on Wednesday, initiating the brief Arenas for Carter talks. While the deal couldn't be completed until July, it could be consummated in coming days and may involve a third team. But there are other options on the table for Orlando as well. Otis Smith told reporters in Orlando that he has talked with all but three teams (Milwaukee, Chicago, and Phoenix) in recent days and even mentioned that he had a brief discussion with the Toronto Raptors about Hedo Turkoglu. After selecting Daniel Orton with the twenty-ninth pick, Marcin Gortat now seems more expendable than ever.

Link

That would be nice for Orlando. Gives them depth at the guard position, and throws in another forward to maybe offset Barnes leaving.

I still prefer they move Shard to the 3 and either start Bass or try to go after a PF to help out Dwight, but adding depth for PG is important this offseason.

Oh and it would be awful for Washington
laugh.gif
and you guys are right.  Vince doesn't really help other than being an expiring, which would really be nice if it was for Gil. 

Welcome to DC john wall
laugh.gif

How was that meet and get Im not you?

and what was the deal that got hinrich to the wizs?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

The meet and greet was crazy.

U went?  How'd it go? 
They told people to show up @ 11:30. His flight from NY was delayed so he showed up @ 1 so people were buzzin. ALOT of people showed up...tons of press...lots of boys and girls clubs...lot of tourists who accidentally walked into it...lot of lunchbreakers from nearby. They handed out Reebok hats, Wizards Wall shirts, and other gear. Cheerleaders showed up...rolled out the red carpet. When he actually pulled up on F St. everyone went nuts.
In all my years here...I have NEVER seen an athlete endear himself to the city like this from day one. Not Ovechkin. Not even Strasburg. This dude didn't touch the floor yet and you had people from all over the area out there today...from Southeast to Leesburg. He's easily the most popular athlete here since MJ. Arenas had to ball out to get love from the city...half of the people here didn't even know who he was we signed. EVERYONE knows who John Wall is. I talked to this lady who was working the even who said she worked for the Wizards/Bullets for 25 years and never once had she seen anything like she saw today. The dude is a star. If he's everything he can be...great things lie ahead for the organization. 

The meet and greet was crazy.

U went?  How'd it go? 
They told people to show up @ 11:30. His flight from NY was delayed so he showed up @ 1 so people were buzzin. ALOT of people showed up...tons of press...lots of boys and girls clubs...lot of tourists who accidentally walked into it...lot of lunchbreakers from nearby. They handed out Reebok hats, Wizards Wall shirts, and other gear. Cheerleaders showed up...rolled out the red carpet. When he actually pulled up on F St. everyone went nuts.
In all my years here...I have NEVER seen an athlete endear himself to the city like this from day one. Not Ovechkin. Not even Strasburg. This dude didn't touch the floor yet and you had people from all over the area out there today...from Southeast to Leesburg. He's easily the most popular athlete here since MJ. Arenas had to ball out to get love from the city...half of the people here didn't even know who he was we signed. EVERYONE knows who John Wall is. I talked to this lady who was working the even who said she worked for the Wizards/Bullets for 25 years and never once had she seen anything like she saw today. The dude is a star. If he's everything he can be...great things lie ahead for the organization. 

That's awesome....there's definitely a different vibe in the city now.  This kid has the world in the palm of his hands.  There are high expectations for him, but I think he'll more than live up to the hype. 

*Any guesses from anyone on what # he'll wear? 

Back
Top Bottom