**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif
you guys need to calm down. every NBA player frequents clubs, except maybe Kobe and Grant Hill.

Lebron, D-Wade, etc stay in the club.. they turned out fine.

you're missing the point.....

The Wizards have a talented backcourt with Gilbert Arenas, John Wall and Kirk Hinrich, who they'll add in a forthcoming trade with the Bulls.
Michael Lee of the Washington Post writes that because of the additions of Wall and Hinrich, Randy Foye and Shaun Livingston are likely done with the team.

Link

&

The Celtics are expected to target Mike Miller in free agency.

Miller played for coach Doc Rivers earlier in his career.

The Celtics have their mid-level exception to use in free agency, which begins on Thursday at midnight.

Link

i was at lux
i dont htink wall was there

i had a table next to wale..........

wale is such a llame dude.......and so is blatche

every nite is a club night for blatche. and he just had surgery after playing in the goodman league. lol lol

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The meet and greet was crazy.

U went?  How'd it go? 
They told people to show up @ 11:30. His flight from NY was delayed so he showed up @ 1 so people were buzzin. ALOT of people showed up...tons of press...lots of boys and girls clubs...lot of tourists who accidentally walked into it...lot of lunchbreakers from nearby. They handed out Reebok hats, Wizards Wall shirts, and other gear. Cheerleaders showed up...rolled out the red carpet. When he actually pulled up on F St. everyone went nuts.
In all my years here...I have NEVER seen an athlete endear himself to the city like this from day one. Not Ovechkin. Not even Strasburg. This dude didn't touch the floor yet and you had people from all over the area out there today...from Southeast to Leesburg. He's easily the most popular athlete here since MJ. Arenas had to ball out to get love from the city...half of the people here didn't even know who he was we signed. EVERYONE knows who John Wall is. I talked to this lady who was working the even who said she worked for the Wizards/Bullets for 25 years and never once had she seen anything like she saw today. The dude is a star. If he's everything he can be...great things lie ahead for the organization. 
I got out there at like 1:50 and nobody was in sight
laugh.gif

Arenas to Orlando trade rumor....

•To that point, the Magic are said to be actively considering trade scenarios that could provide Dwight Howard with a post-up power forward to play with, a play-maker to replace what Hedo Turkoglu brought to the 2009 Eastern Conference championship team, or a dynamic point guard. It would be easy enough to move Rashard Lewis to small forward and satisfy Howard’s first wish – something he feels strongly enough about to begin “heavily recruiting

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

The meet and greet was crazy.

U went?  How'd it go? 
They told people to show up @ 11:30. His flight from NY was delayed so he showed up @ 1 so people were buzzin. ALOT of people showed up...tons of press...lots of boys and girls clubs...lot of tourists who accidentally walked into it...lot of lunchbreakers from nearby. They handed out Reebok hats, Wizards Wall shirts, and other gear. Cheerleaders showed up...rolled out the red carpet. When he actually pulled up on F St. everyone went nuts.
In all my years here...I have NEVER seen an athlete endear himself to the city like this from day one. Not Ovechkin. Not even Strasburg. This dude didn't touch the floor yet and you had people from all over the area out there today...from Southeast to Leesburg. He's easily the most popular athlete here since MJ. Arenas had to ball out to get love from the city...half of the people here didn't even know who he was we signed. EVERYONE knows who John Wall is. I talked to this lady who was working the even who said she worked for the Wizards/Bullets for 25 years and never once had she seen anything like she saw today. The dude is a star. If he's everything he can be...great things lie ahead for the organization. 
I got out there at like 1:50 and nobody was in sight
laugh.gif
That would make sense being that at 1:50 he was doing his press conference inside the building already

I really hope we dont send Arenas to Orlando just for Vince Carter. Give Arenas some time to see if he gels with John Wall.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

I really hope we dont send Arenas to Orlando just for Vince Carter. Give Arenas some time to see if he gels with John Wall.
If we can get out of his contract to take on a shorter (and cheaper) one such as Carter's, we have to make that move....it's a no-brainer.  I want Gil to redeem himself and do well, but not with the Wizards.  It's in the team's best interest to get him off the roster. 

I still dont get the "Gil has to go" stuff......Mitch Richmond for Chris Webber all over again. Thats all i'm going to say on that.

I still dont get the "Gil has to go" stuff......Mitch Richmond for Chris Webber all over again. Thats all i'm going to say on that.

I don't understand...how ANYONE...who is for the betterment of this franchise long term...wants Gilbert around.

Originally Posted by SoleOnEyez

laugh.gif
Webber was in him prime...Gil is not.  That comparison makes no sense. 

^^Gils not in his prime??? and VC is?

The wizards just have a bad habit of bailing on players before they can redeem themselves....Rasheed Wallace had tech issues...trade him. C-Webb gets caught with weed crumbs in his truck...trade him.

Gilbert has learned his lesson and paid his dues. Trading him might do more harm to John Wall next season than good.

And in the case of Gilbert Arenas and Vince Carter...exactly which one is a 1999 Mitch Richmond and which one is a 1999 Chris Webber?
I don't think people understand why it's important to get rid of Gil. He's played a total of 48 games in 3 seasons. Even before the gun incident...he didn't exactly turn heads out there and was OBVIOUSLY still not healthy 100%. If there's interest in him now...how on EARTH do you not look into it? I suppose you all would be happy to see Gil gun his way into another injury plagued season and then ABSOLUTELY be stuck with him until his contract is up. Another thing...this is a new team with a new direction and a new general. Gilbert Arenas is still Gilbert Arenas. His style of play IS NOT necessarily the blueprint for the direction that team is going in now. Even if he IS healthy...how exactly do you suppose the team will do with him and a bunch of kids...when they couldn't get past the 2nd round with 2 other all stars and bunch of vets on the team?

This is not NBA Live. You can't just be in favor of Arenas being here simply because it "sounds good" on paper. There's more reasons to support his departure than there are to support him staying. I don't even see how that's debatable. 

I guess being arguably one of the worst re-signings in professional sports history and highlighting one of the most embarrassing incidents in sports history isn't enough for some of you...you want to see how much worse it can get.

And in the case of Gilbert Arenas and Vince Carter...exactly which one is a 1999 Mitch Richmond and which one is a 1999 Chris Webber?
So in that analogy you couldnt tell that the 33 year old VC is mitch richmond and the 27 year old  Arenas is chris webber? Come on man. Out of all the players on last years wizards Gilbert wasn't the one not picking up the slack. Caron Butler was the one whose production fell off within flip saunders offense. 
Gilbert in a shortened season was averaging 23ppg, Vince was at 16ppg. Your giving away offense....even more than has already been given away. 

Trade Gilbert? Fine, but if old man Vince Carter is all you can get then Grundfeld needs to get canned also cause thats a bad trade for washington. Gilbert would be another play like Rip who leaves and gets ring if he goes to Orlando. 

I don't think people understand why it's important to get rid of Gil. He's played a total of 48 games in 3 seasons. Even before the gun incident...he didn't exactly turn heads out there and was OBVIOUSLY still not healthy 100%. If there's interest in him now...how on EARTH do you not look into it? I suppose you all would be happy to see Gil gun his way into another injury plagued season and then ABSOLUTELY be stuck with him until his contract is up. Another thing...this is a new team with a new direction and a new general. Gilbert Arenas is still Gilbert Arenas. His style of play IS NOT necessarily the blueprint for the direction that team is going in now. Even if he IS healthy...how exactly do you suppose the team will do with him and a bunch of kids...when they couldn't get past the 2nd round with 2 other all stars and bunch of vets on the team?

This is not NBA Live. You can't just be in favor of Arenas being here simply because it "sounds good" on paper. There's more reasons to support his departure than there are to support him staying. I don't even see how that's debatable. 

I guess being arguably one of the worst re-signings in professional sports history and highlighting one of the most embarrassing incidents in sports history isn't enough for some of you...you want to see how much worse it can get.
Standing applause for you sir.

So in that analogy you couldnt tell that the 33 year old VC is mitch richmond and the 27 year old  Arenas is chris webber? Come on man. Out of all the players on last years wizards Gilbert wasn't the one not picking up the slack. Caron Butler was the one whose production fell off within flip saunders offense. 
Gilbert in a shortened season was averaging 23ppg, Vince was at 16ppg. Your giving away offense....even more than has already been given away. 

Trade Gilbert? Fine, but if old man Vince Carter is all you can get then Grundfeld needs to get canned also cause thats a bad trade for washington. Gilbert would be another play like Rip who leaves and gets ring if he goes to Orlando. 
Look at the contracts my man.  This goes WELL beyond trading a 29 year old Gil and a 33 year old Vince.  Gil is on the books until the 2013 season..Vince Carter is OFF the books after next year (team option for 2011-12).  If you want to build this franchise the right way, you dump Gil...ESPECIALLY if this is the deal being offered.  I'm not even looking at stats...because this deal (for DC) is NOT about the #'s.  It's about ridding yourself of a horrible contract, which if you do, will make the team much better in the long-term. 

I'm saying they're both Mitch Richmond...and I'll GLADLY take the one who has the contract coming off the books in a year. You clearly don't care...or just don't understand the business aspect to the game. Nobody cares about how many points Vince averaged. You're getting the LESSER of two evils in this scenario. The plan is to position yourself to a contender long term. How does keeping Gilbert Arenas get you there? 
Gilbert going somewhere else and winning a ring huh? If that happens...great for him...but what does that have to do with us? I suppose OKC/Seattle should regret letting go of Ray Allen since he went to Boston and won a championship...right? I suppose they should have kept Lewis to team with a young KD...and that would have been beneficial for his game right?

Again...this is not Live/2K. The business side of swapping Gil for Vince FAR exceeds the basketball side.

And to be quite honest...I'm just calling a spade a spade here...but I went to every game Gil player in @ home last season...and I saw Vince extensively...and I'm fairly confident that in the one year we had Vince...we wouldn't be missing anything. Also...look at Orlando's lineup...it's built around Dwight Howard...so the fact that Gil put up 23 and Vince put up 16 is a moot point. Everyone in that ORL lineup #'s is going to take a hit...that's why they win games. They don't have to rely on one man getting it done. There's a reason Earl Boykins was closing games and Gil was getting booed at home last season.

Ya'll stuck on them glory days of Gilbert Arenas. Gotta be...only reason you bringing up Chris Webber, Rasheed Wallace, and Rip. None of those guys were coming off a 3 year stretch where they played 48 games. None of them had 3 knee surgeries. You need to accept that this team is moving forward...Gilbert is past his prime. Nobody can have that much work on one knee and be the same person.

PS. I brought it up earlier...but remember all the criticism Seattle took for getting rid of Lewis and Ray...and throwing KD the "man" label from the jump. How smart does Seattle look now? Wall is a similar talent. Make him the man from day one...especially as a PG...he needs to brand the team with his identity. 

Arenas to Orlando trade rumor....

•To that point, the Magic are said to be actively considering trade scenarios that could provide Dwight Howard with a post-up power forward to play with, a play-maker to replace what Hedo Turkoglu brought to the 2009 Eastern Conference championship team, or a dynamic point guard. It would be easy enough to move Rashard Lewis to small forward and satisfy Howard’s first wish – something he feels strongly enough about to begin “heavily recruiting

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

This
True, they could least see how they will exist on the court first before sending him away

Back
Top Bottom