**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

Yi to DC???

The Nets are close to moving Yi Jianlian.

They are working on a deal with the Wizards that would send Yi and cash to Washington for a player who makes “significantly less

Wow, and to think that during the trade deadline, Net's asking price for Yi was sky high
laugh.gif

I like Yi if it's for Ross...not if it's for Booker. He'd fill in great behind Blatche and the two could play together in a small ball lineup.

We're about to have marketing opportunities out the !+% with Wall + Yi with our building being in Chinatown.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

We're about to have marketing opportunities out the !+% with Wall + Yi with our building being in Chinatown.
Some of those empty seats won't be so empty....no matter what people think of Yi, the Asian community will come out and support the dude.  And that is good news for the team. 

Might not be but it's there where the Verizon Center and is easily the fastest growing area in the city. Apple tried to get down there and Nike looked into it so they thought something of it.

Yi is actually not that bad. He actually had a decent year. The one month of November really #%+#! up his averages.
He struggles with inconsistency...which is exactly what people said about Blatche before it clicked for him. Hopefully the same happens with Yi...and he is just as talented as Andray.

I really like this move.

If Yi can keep his behind closer to the rim and not settle for jumpers.....get that FG% around 45%, he could get that 12/7 to jump to around 15/10. It's going to be a blessing for these guys to have the luxury of playing with John Wall. I'm really excited.

McGee/Blatche/Seraphin/Ndiaye
Blatche/Yi/Seraphin/Booker
Thornton/Booker
Arenas/Young/Hinrich
Wall/Hinrich/Arenas

Is Seraphin coming over next year?
I've read that he may stay in Europe for another 2 years....but his buyout is only 500k, so he might be here next season.....

if he's not here next season, I like this move for Yi even more.  There is NO RISK in trading for the guy.  He was a disappointment in Mil and NJ, but I think dude may turn a corner in his career in DC. 

Looks like it's a done deal....

from Michael Lee's twitter:

Wiz poised to be next team to take a chance on Yi Jianlian. Deal to send Quinton Ross to NJ. Wiz also get cash considerations (about $3mil)

I like this move! like it was said before, Yi is inconsistent..and we get rid of Ross?? plus.

Yup, I'm all in for this trade.
pimp.gif
...Yi will be a descent 14ppg/7rpg man next season.

Plus, an Asian being on the local team.
smokin.gif

I saw an interesting comment on ESPN about this deal....

dude was saying that basically the Wizards are trying to force NY's hand in trading for Gilbert Arenas.

if the Wizards can pull off this Yi deal AND get rid of Gil, they are definitely making moves ... its a damn shame wade, bron and bosh will be in the east because the Wiz will be decent in a few years ...

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
dudes are really just dying to give Chicago, Miami and New Jersey cap room.
I think there may be something into the Wizards trying to force the hand of certain teams to make a trade for Gil.  There are going to be a lot of teams with the cap space to take on his contract that WILL miss out on some of these big FA's.  Gil was at 80-85% last year and put up good numbers (minus his TO's)....I can really see a team making a push to land him if they lose out on signing someone in this FA class.  There will be desperate teams out there looking to make a splash one way or another....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
I think there may be something into the Wizards trying to force the hand of certain teams to make a trade for Gil.  There are going to be a lot of teams with the cap space to take on his contract that WILL miss out on some of these big FA's.  Gil was at 80-85% last year and put up good numbers (minus his TO's)....I can really see a team making a push to land him if they lose out on signing someone in this FA class.  There will be desperate teams out there looking to make a splash one way or another....

no if they lose cp

Some of those empty seats won't be so empty....no matter what people think of Yi, the Asian community will come out and support the dude.  And that is good news for the team. 

100% correct.  You guys should really be at Verizon when Yao Ming plays here.  The Asian community definitely comes out to support him.  As the saying goes, you need people to put *$@*+ in the seats.

laugh.gif

I really don't think it'll be the Knicks.  They're not going to get that desperate and give up a Gallinari or Chandler for Gilbert.  It'll come down to the Sixers if you're willing to take Brand back or Miami with Vince, Gortat and a filler to make the money work.  I agree with you that he's gone after this season but I don't think it'll be the Knicks.  As much as everyone in the media and all the fans have been trying to take a dump on the franchise, they're not going to miss out on every FA and Walsh won't get that desperate to give up his young pieces for Arenas.

A poster on RealGM brought up an interesting point....

No matter what Yi's struggles are, Asians come to watch him play and his games w. the Nets/Bucks were broadcast over in China. This can only help John Wall's GLOBAL image. Let's say Yi pans out and has a good year....he's re-upped for a few more seasons and he and Wall have a chance to grow together for the Wizards....those games are being shown in China, and who is our best player??? John Wall...Reebok benefits, Wall benefits, and other brands that he's endorsing benefit because of the exposure to the Asian market....

Interesting....

Back
Top Bottom