**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

We're about to have marketing opportunities out the !+% with Wall + Yi with our building being in Chinatown
Was thinking the same thing.

I really don't think it'll be the Knicks.  They're not going to get that desperate and give up a Gallinari or Chandler for Gilbert
I'm pretty sure that if we make a trade with NY Eddie Curry's expiring contract will be a part of the deal and some filler,Grunfield will probably try to pluck one of NY young talents and if they balk it will be more of a salary dump than anything.

good deal on yi
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

A poster on RealGM brought up an interesting point....

No matter what Yi's struggles are, Asians come to watch him play and his games w. the Nets/Bucks were broadcast over in China. This can only help John Wall's GLOBAL image. Let's say Yi pans out and has a good year....he's re-upped for a few more seasons and he and Wall have a chance to grow together for the Wizards....those games are being shown in China, and who is our best player??? John Wall...Reebok benefits, Wall benefits, and other brands that he's endorsing benefit because of the exposure to the Asian market....

Interesting....
hummmm but will they make it to the postseason this yr?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by windycity7

A poster on RealGM brought up an interesting point....

No matter what Yi's struggles are, Asians come to watch him play and his games w. the Nets/Bucks were broadcast over in China. This can only help John Wall's GLOBAL image. Let's say Yi pans out and has a good year....he's re-upped for a few more seasons and he and Wall have a chance to grow together for the Wizards....those games are being shown in China, and who is our best player??? John Wall...Reebok benefits, Wall benefits, and other brands that he's endorsing benefit because of the exposure to the Asian market....

Interesting....
hummmm but will they make it to the postseason this yr?
eyes.gif

probably not, but look at the big picture....

smh.gif
This guy Wale...

"I'm just excited," he said. "We never really had anything like this. We've never really had a true great quarterback. Mark Rypien and Doug Williams, they weren't great quarterbacks; they were Trent Dilfers, they were managers. We've never really had anything like this, and now we've got four of them: McNabb, Wall, Oveckhin and Strasburg. It's like, thank you, Sports Gods, for finally shining the light on D.C. Thank you. At least we've got a discussion piece. All the hope we've had has just been overly optimistic fans. Now, it's like you really have a reason for hope."

Link

and his comments from November....

What basketball team do you root for? You a Wizards fan?

Yeah, but I gotta be honest, I’m not the biggest Wizards fan. I usaully root for the Nuggets and the Cavs.

Link

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
dudes are really just dying to give Chicago, Miami and New Jersey cap room.
Ithink there may be something into the Wizards trying to force the handof certain teams to make a trade for Gil.  There are going to be a lotof teams with the cap space to take on his contract that WILL miss outon some of these big FA's.  Gil was at 80-85% last year and put up goodnumbers (minus his TO's)....I can really see a team making a push toland him if they lose out on signing someone in this FA class.  Therewill be desperate teams out there looking to make a splash one way oranother....
this is a good point.. but what Erniedoesn't realize is that he's setting up every other team in the Easternconference. i wish some of these damn teams were in the West.

i didn't know Yi was an even 7-footer. i dont have a problem with the trade.

as for the Gil/VC stuff... i LOVE Gil, but we need to be honest.. we'renot going to be contending anytime soon, with or without him. i'drather suck now with the chance to get better later, than be burdenedby Gilbert's contract for the next 3 years. basketball-wise do i wantVC on the team over Gilbert? hell no.. but in the long run, it would befor the better.

This is random, but I was thinking that John Wall was privy to some info that Foye wasn't going to be retained and Ross was going to be moved.....reason being, last week when he was asked about what numbers he might choose, he said 3 & 15 were two numbers that he liked....at the time, 3 was Ross', and 15 was Foye's. NOTHING had been made clear to the public about what the team was planning on doing with either player. I think the writing was on the wall for Foye, so we could kinda guess that he wasn't going to be here....but maybe EG told him that Ross was going to be moved at some point....I dunno
laugh.gif
A lil conspiracy theory on my part....

Wall...DON'T TAKE #15....

Spoiler [+]
carmelo-anthony.jpg

Originally Posted by HottDogg2k3

We're about to have marketing opportunities out the !+% with Wall + Yi with our building being in Chinatown

I really don't think it'll be the Knicks.  They're not going to get that desperate and give up a Gallinari or Chandler for Gilbert
I'm pretty sure that if we make a trade with NY Eddie Curry's expiring contract will be a part of the deal and some filler,Grunfield will probably try to pluck one of NY young talents and if they balk it will be more of a salary dump than anything.

I can see it from that angle but if I'm Donnie Walsh I'm not touching that move.  Let Curry come off the books at the end of the 2011 season naturally instead of dumping one of your key pieces in trying to get another FA here next summer.  I touched on it in the NYK season thread but one thing they have going for them is the fact that Chicago and Miami can not offer cap space for next season as well.

DJ's, about Yi helping Wall's global image it's the same thing as the Yao/McGrady effect on a lower level.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by HottDogg2k3

I can see it from that angle but if I'm Donnie Walsh I'm not touching that move.  Let Curry come off the books at the end of the 2011 season naturally instead of dumping one of your key pieces in trying to get another FA here next summer.  I touched on it in the NYK season thread but one thing they have going for them is the fact that Chicago and Miami can not offer cap space for next season as well.

DJ's, about Yi helping Wall's global image it's the same thing as the Yao/McGrady effect on a lower level.

I can't really remember off-hand, but did the exposure to the Chinese market help T-Mac when he was w. the Rockets? 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ His all star votes certainly went up...especially that one year he barely played.

yeah...you're right on that.  I can't help to think how great this is for John Wall....marketing him in Asia = mo money, mo money...MO MONEY

smh.gif
This guy Wale...

"I'm just excited," he said. "We never really had anything like this. We've never really had a true great quarterback. Mark Rypien and Doug Williams, they weren't great quarterbacks; they were Trent Dilfers, they were managers. We've never really had anything like this, and now we've got four of them: McNabb, Wall, Oveckhin and Strasburg. It's like, thank you, Sports Gods, for finally shining the light on D.C. Thank you. At least we've got a discussion piece. All the hope we've had has just been overly optimistic fans. Now, it's like you really have a reason for hope."

Man, that dude stole my words from Twitter when I was talkin about DC. 
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Ya'll better be on the phone with Denver right now..........
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

smh.gif
This guy Wale...

Man, that dude stole my words from Twitter when I was talkin about DC. 
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Ya'll better be on the phone with Denver right now..........
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
EXACT same +*$$ u said on twitter bro....

And I dunno how the hell it would work to get Melo via trade, but it needs to get DONE.

Just screwing around.....

qzf2ir.png

That would be
pimp.gif
x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Wow wizards are seriously making moves, havent rooted for the hometown team since we were the Bullets but Im getting excited. Just gotta get rid of some more dead weight (0) and add some more quality pieces.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Just screwing around.....

qzf2ir.png

That would be
pimp.gif
x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
This also worked.....

316q5hj.png

I think with both deals, Wizards might have to include a draft pick and also take on a bad contract (Andersen..etc)....but if we can land Melo....[clay davis] sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt [/clay davis]
pimp.gif

I wouldnt really consider Birdman a big contract, but wouldnt the Nuggets want both blatche, mcgee, and a draft pick?

and honestly, if i were the Nuggets i still wouldnt want that deal...

I dont see the Nuggets wanting another PG since they have billups and lawson.  would it be possible to do a 3 way trade?  Gil to the Knicks, Melo to the Wiz, Curry + Chandler or  Draft Pick to the Nuggets or something?

Back
Top Bottom