**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

Wizards call Outlaw, Butler

The Washington Wizards contacted their own free agents (swingman Mike Miller and forward Josh Howard) at the start of free agency and also spoke with the representatives of forwards Travis Outlaw, Rasual Butler, Ryan Gomes and Josh Childress, a restricted free agent with the Atlanta Hawks who is currently playing in Greece.

Link

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I'd prefer

1. Outlaw
2. Butler
3. Gomes
4. Childress

in that order.

Lemme ask you....if there was an open competition between Outlaw and Thornton, who would you want to start? 

That's a tough one. I'd say Outlaw because I know he's going to bring it on the other side of the ball.

Gil WON'T be wearing #6....

nerd.gif

Link

Fair warning before you rush out and buy those No. 6 Arenas jerseys; Gilbert might not be done changing just yet.
"It is possible, and perhaps likely, that Gilbert Arenas will decide to change his number on his Wizards uniform this coming season," Ted Leonsis wrote on Thursday. "So, if you purchase a Gilbert Arenas jersey today and his number changes, I wanted to give you all fair warning. I think that is the honest and fair thing to do. So heads up ASAP. I apologize in advance if this number change causes any inconvenience. Thank you."

After some question about whether this meant a switch from the previously chosen No. 6, Leonsis revisited the issue.
"As to Gilbert's number, yes, he would like a different number than new number 6 -- more as it develops."

Why doesn't Gilbert just stick with #0? That's the number he's been known for. His damn shoes were called the Gil-Zero's

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

smh.gif
This guy Wale...

"I'm just excited," he said. "We never really had anything like this. We've never really had a true great quarterback. Mark Rypien and Doug Williams, they weren't great quarterbacks; they were Trent Dilfers, they were managers. We've never really had anything like this, and now we've got four of them: McNabb, Wall, Oveckhin and Strasburg. It's like, thank you, Sports Gods, for finally shining the light on D.C. Thank you. At least we've got a discussion piece. All the hope we've had has just been overly optimistic fans. Now, it's like you really have a reason for hope."

Link

and his comments from November....

What basketball team do you root for? You a Wizards fan?

Yeah, but I gotta be honest, I’m not the biggest Wizards fan. I usaully root for the Nuggets and the Cavs.

Link

I really can't be mad at Wale, as I pretty much do the same thing (sans rooting for the Cavs
sick.gif
 ). I can deal with 16 losses, hence me being a ******** fan, albeit not the most vocal. However, when it comes to b-ball I can't take 82 displays of absolute nonsense. So I find talent from the area and follow the team they are on, hence me being a Nuggets fan (plus I use to frequent Denver when I was stationed in Cheyenne, WY). I would probably not completely abandon the Nuggets if Melo left, as they would likely still have Ty Lawson. On top on that, the Nuggets showed love to DeMarr Johnson, who grew up in Riverdale like I did and Adrian Dantley (HOFer, assistant coach) is also from PG County. However, if Melo ended up on the Wizards I would just about lose it.

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Why is Gil changing his number? Is this some lame attempt to rebuild his reputation in washington?
He probably been watching the world cup and decided that number 9 would look good on his jersey
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Why is Gil changing his number? Is this some lame attempt to rebuild his reputation in washington?

This is the reason for #6

The Washington Post reports: “The No. 6 is significant because Arenas’s birthday is Jan. 6 - which is also the day that the NBA gave Arenas an indefinite suspension for his behavior after it was revealed that he brought guns to the locker room at Verizon Center in a dispute with teammate Javaris Crittenton.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

smh.gif
This guy Wale...

"I'm just excited," he said. "We never really had anything like this. We've never really had a true great quarterback. Mark Rypien and Doug Williams, they weren't great quarterbacks; they were Trent Dilfers, they were managers. We've never really had anything like this, and now we've got four of them: McNabb, Wall, Oveckhin and Strasburg. It's like, thank you, Sports Gods, for finally shining the light on D.C. Thank you. At least we've got a discussion piece. All the hope we've had has just been overly optimistic fans. Now, it's like you really have a reason for hope."

Link

Yeah, but I gotta be honest, I’m not the biggest Wizards fan. I usaully root for the Nuggets and the Cavs.

Link

I really can't be mad at Wale, as I pretty much do the same thing (sans rooting for the Cavs
sick.gif
 ). I can deal with 16 losses, hence me being a ******** fan, albeit not the most vocal. However, when it comes to b-ball I can't take 82 displays of absolute nonsense. So I find talent from the area and follow the team they are on, hence me being a Nuggets fan (plus I use to frequent Denver when I was stationed in Cheyenne, WY). I would probably not completely abandon the Nuggets if Melo left, as they would likely still have Ty Lawson. On top on that, the Nuggets showed love to DeMarr Johnson, who grew up in Riverdale like I did and Adrian Dantley (HOFer, assistant coach) is also from PG County. However, if Melo ended up on the Wizards I would just about lose it.

You from Riverdale???
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

smh.gif
This guy Wale...

Link

Link

sick.gif

You from Riverdale???
nerd.gif

I lived on 67th Avenue (just off 295) until I was about 12 (1996 or so), then moved out to Upper Marlboro. I still have a homeboy in Riverdale. The Capitol Plaza Wal-Mart is the closest one to me anyway.

so Mike Miller has met with the Knicks, Heat and Lakers already? Reported to be given a Tuesday deadline with a 5 year 30 million dollar deal to join the Lakers..a pay cut though from earning 9.8 million with the Wizards last year.

stay in DC Mike!!!

what do you guys think about Ronnie Brewer? �he actually plays D, but needs some work on his 3 point shot, but hes young....i think hes a little more expensive than the guys�we've�already reached out to though.

also heres a behind the scenes of wall's reebok commercial.......the white ones are really growing on me

wow..@ the things people sayin bout me in here...damn...$#%% be so messed up , the way people talk sometime

Back
Top Bottom