**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Would make sense if Milwaukee didn't re-sign Salmons and pick up CDR and Maggette.
Can any of those guys play the 3?  If so, Gil in Milwaukee might not be a bad look.  I think Redd is in no-mans land right now....but I can see the Bucks holding on to him because he's got an expiring deal. 
Maggette is definitely a SF...Salmons can play SF but should be the starting SG. I think CDR will get his minutes at SG because the team has enough capable SFs at the moment.
So what do you think of moving Gil for Redd?  I think it would give the Bucks a lot of flexibility in their backcourt....you can start gil at the 2, and when Jennings needs a spell...slide him over to the 1.  When Gil is at the 1, you can plug in Salmons/CDR to get minutes there....Honestly, I think it would make sense for both teams....although, I could see the Bucks wanting to include another player in the deal since Redd's contract is coming off the books. 
I wouldn't do it if I were the Bucks. I see the upside but that's too big of a risk. The owner of the Bucks is willing to spend money as evident by their moves this off-season but that might be too much for him. I think the Bucks will do what the Rockets did with McGrady, keep Redd until the deadline and hope to dump him for pieces on a team desperate for cap relief.

Ammo for the min wouldn't be bad at all. 
So as of right now the depth chart for guys with guaranteed deals stands at:

PG - Wall / Hinrich

SG - 9MM / Young

SF - Thornton 

PF - Blatche / Yi / Booker / Seraphin

C - McGee

That's 10 guys. Two more slots for the active roster. Can carry as much as 15.

If we are indeed going into the season with Gil (looks that way). I'd like to see us make a move for another SF and another big.

I'd like to see either Randle/Hudson, Morgan, and Africa get looks to fill out the IR list.

lets keep it going rookies! Wall, Booker and Jahidi White #55
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Ammo for the min wouldn't be bad at all. 
So as of right now the depth chart for guys with guaranteed deals stands at:

PG - Wall / Hinrich

SG - 9MM / Young

SF - Thornton 

PF - Blatche / Yi / Booker / Seraphin

C - McGee

That's 10 guys. Two more slots for the active roster. Can carry as much as 15.

If we are indeed going into the season with Gil (looks that way). I'd like to see us make a move for another SF and another big.

I'd like to see either Randle/Hudson, Morgan, and Africa get looks to fill out the IR list.
Dude your avy gets me every time
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Don't know if this was mentioned, but I saw that Wall was asked to sign autographs for about 15 minutes, but ended up staying over an hour after the game so all the fans who were there could get one.
pimp.gif

Dude is going to OWN the city if he can keep it up....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Wall is THAT dude..
I pray he gets ROY and just goes off next season... 

Don't know if this was mentioned, but I saw that Wall was asked to sign autographs for about 15 minutes, but ended up staying over an hour after the game so all the fans who were there could get one.
pimp.gif

People seem a little too hyped up though; I hope they don't get disappointed if they don't make the playoffs in the first year or Wall isn't as good as Rondo or Rose were right away.

I'm definitely gonna have to make it to some games over winterbreak though.

PS I foresee JaVale getting like 10 ppg strictly off of pick and rolls and alley oops. Wall's gonna do for him what Jason Kidd did for Mikki Moore.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

pimp.gif

People seem a little too hyped up though; I hope they don't get disappointed if they don't make the playoffs in the first year or Wall isn't as good as Rondo or Rose were right away.

PS I foresee JaVale getting like 10 ppg strictly off of pick and rolls and alley oops. Wall's gonna do for him what Jason Kidd did for Mikki Moore.
laugh.gif

Rondo?

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

The playoffs aren't an expectation with this team.  If they make them, great.  If not, no biggie.  All people want is this team to be headed in the right direction....when you see stuff like this:

The first came early in the quarter.  Wall and JaVale McGee ran a typical pick and roll that resulted in Wall throwing McGee a lob pass that should have been a dunk.  Instead, McGee came down with the ball, took one dribble toward the other side, pivoted back to the same side he caught the pass, leaned away from the hoop and hit a fadeaway jump hook while drawing the foul.  As McGee started his typical post-move celebration, Wall immediately ran over to him and shouted "COME ON! DUNK THAT S*** MAN!"  A high-five soon followed, but the message was clear - just because the shot went in doesn't mean the shot was the right one.

Link

you realize that Wall's talents go WAY beyond what he does with the ball in his hand.  This kid...yes KID is showing more positive leadership in two days than we saw with Jamison or Butler.  He's a special talent, and it's going to be fun to watch him this season.  He's going to be the straw that stirs the drink, and the Wizards are now HIS team. 

Wizards box from last night....I only made it thru the 1st quarter before I dozed off...

bj7udu.png

*INY....I was reading that the team is taking a very close look at Cartier Martin at the 3.  Maybe they see something in him, and that is why they have been relatively quiet in acquiring a SF through free agency....it's still early, but it's getting to be slim pickings out there...Matt Barnes or Adam Morrison might be the only other options at this point...we'll see what happens

Oh...

From Michael Lee's twitter incase you all missed it...

The Wiz have agreed on a 1-year deal with center Hilton Armstrong.

smh.gif
Nick Young should be ashamed that he's still playing summer league.. i hate that dude

Too be honest, I still don't see the big hype with Wall. I'm a Wizards fan till the day I die, but I would have been much happier taking Evan Turner as our pick and retaining Gilbert who I believe is going to come back as a monster. I feel as if Evan Turner will be the better pro, but I pray that John Wall proves me wrong. When Gilbert comes back, all the people saying Gilbert needs to go will be mute.

Originally Posted by gotJz

I don't know what I'm talking about

LOL, I just believe Gilbert can get close to the type of player he was a few years ago and Turner would compliment well. I do understand the Wall pick, as the unanimous number 1 so it would be foolish for Washington not to make that move. But at the same time, I didn't see anything spectacular from him in college...

/\ The same Evan Turner who looked couldn't dribble around dudes twice his size last week?

John is going to get a LOT of calls next season.. you can already tell he'll be one of "those" guys in the league.

laugh.gif
Evan Turner?
roll.gif
roll.gif

How can you not see that Wall is a special talent?

I didn't see anything spectacular from him in college...

I don't get this...at all. Unbelievable.

How about Cartier Martin?
eek.gif
Dude is playing some GREAT basketball. I think he makes the squad. Maybe he's the reason why the Wizards haven't made a move for a SF just yet....

Back
Top Bottom