**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

4-0
pimp.gif

Yeah, I know it's summer league, but there is a lot to be excited about.....Wall/Mcgee...and eventho he didn't have a great game....Cartier Martin. There are gonna be some ups/downs, but this team is headed in the right direction.

*I had a theory on Matt Barnes....I've had a sneaky suspicion that he was a target of the Wizards. It would kinda make sense in one aspect because his fiancee is Gil's fiancee's sister. Barnes on Twitter (Thursday maybe?) said he'd have an announcement about where he was going to sign on Friday. It's no secret that the Wizards were looking for a SF through FA. Barnes to DC would make some sense. Later that night (on Thursday), Cartier Martin had the game of his life in SL....dude dropped something like 25 points. Wizards have made it clear that they were taking a long look at Martin over the course of the Vegas SL. Yesterday on Twitter, Barnes said his decision wouldn't come until after another couple of days....Hmmmmm....any coincidence (Martin???)? I think that one of the reasons why the Wizards haven't signed anyone to play SF (Barnes, AMMO, etc) is that they are impressed by Cartier Martin. He played well in limited action last year, and he said the team has been in contact with him since the season ended. I like what he brings to the table...he'll come cheap and may be a diamond in the rough...kinda like how Barnes was before he started getting regular NBA minutes....

oh...

So, the Gil for Vince deal is still on the table. I saw it posted on Real GM, and 106.7 The Fan picked up the same rumor. There's an "insider" who is also a mod over at the Wizards Extreme MB who posted this info...and apparently he's usually on point w/ breaking news etc...stay tuned...

I'll tell you what. Seraphin better +@!+$#@ wow me. Because after watching SL and seeing the guys we could have had there...I'm feeling some type of way about it.

Wall + Jones backcourt? SMFH.

Just screwing around again.....

65preu.png

nerd.gif

Sweeten the deal by either Orlando throwing in a 1st round pick to NO, or the Wizards could throw in the pick they got from the Grizzlies (JC Navarro) to NO....

pimp.gif

I'm tellin u....this kid is going to have a BIG year

After Durant, I think the star of the 10 minutes was McGee. The last-minute addition to the roster was active. He had a block, a couple of interior shot-contests and a few strong rebounds, two of them offensive and one of those a huge put-back dunk off a Durant miss. McGee did go 0-for-2 from the line though.

Link

McGee is competing for a spot against Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom, New Jersey center Brook Lopez, Minnesota forward Kevin Love and Dallas center Tyson Chandler. "Well, he's here, he's practicing and certainly he has a shot," Colangelo said of McGee. "And I think, when we go to New York, that will probably have to be one of the areas that we have to make a decision on that might come later rather than sooner. And that's on the bigs."

Mike Krzyzewski, the coach of the U.S. team, did not want to evaluate individual players this early on, but said this week that McGee has "done a good job."

"He's a shot-blocker. He protects the basket really well and he's seven feet tall," the Duke men's basketball coach said. "He brings more height, jumping ability and shot-blocking."

Link

I saw that mf'er Ted Leonsis STUNTIN in Georgetown the other day in a drop Aston. I was uber tight.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

HAHAHAHAHA gotta love Ted. I got so much faith in the dude.

Me too. I really believe he is going to turn this franchise all the way around. Hopefully to be contenders eventually.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

HAHAHAHAHA gotta love Ted. I got so much faith in the dude.

Me too. I really believe he is going to turn this franchise all the way around. Hopefully to be contenders eventually.
agreed. 

He made a lot of mistakes early on w. the Caps, but now look at them.  They got a strong farm system, they sell-out the VC, and should be amongst the NHL's best for years to come.  I hope he uses that same blueprint for the Wizards...and I think he will. 

*He's even going to make the VC much better on the inside.  Next year the Wizards will have that "theater" lighting like what the Lakers and Knicks have.  Also, he's making a lot of little changes like fresher food, cleaner condiment stations, beer holders on urinals...etc etc....Ted even said that he'll go as far as helping to clean up before/after games with the VC employees....

it's not going to happen overnight, but the franchise as a whole is taking steps in the right direction.

Wiz agree in principle to sign Josh Howard to a 1year deal paying close to $4 mill w/bonuses, his consultant Derek Lafayette tells Y! Sports

I like this....

C - McGee
PF - Blatche
SF - Howard
SG - Arenas
PG - Wall

Bench:

Booker
Seraphin
Yi
Ndiaye
Hinrich
Armstrong
Young
Thornton

I know this franchise is in rebuilding mode, but with the way the roster is constructed now...I don't see any reason why they can't sneak into the playoffs as a #7 or #8 seed...

Wiz agree in principle to sign Josh Howard to a 1year deal paying close to $4 mill w/bonuses, his consultant Derek Lafayette tells Y! Sports

I like this....

C - McGee
PF - Blatche
SF - Howard
SG - Arenas
PG - Wall

Bench:

Booker
Seraphin
Yi
Ndiaye
Hinrich
Armstrong
Young
Thornton

I know this franchise is in rebuilding mode, but with the way the roster is constructed now...I don't see any reason why they can't sneak into the playoffs as a #7 or #8 seed...

I agree 100%.... I'm really liking the moves we are making. We have some young talent and a few vets... I hope Josh Howard comes out and plays this year and that injury didn't slow him down too much. Also it looks like Gil will be here at least until mid season. Hopefully everything works out, he plays well and stays. I'm ready to see Wall and McGee grow together. I really think they can be something special.

We have too many big men. I get the feeling they may D-League Seraphin or ask him to stay overseas for a while. Ndiaye will be D-Leagued or cut.

I like the Howard move. If he's healthy...it's a playoff team.

[h1]Kevin Seraphin signs with Washington Wizards, reaches buyout with French team[/h1]

The Wizards roster will soon be at 12 players after first-round pick Kevin Seraphin's contract is validated by the league office in the next few days. Seraphin recently reached a buyout agreement with his French club, Cholet, with the Wizards paying $500,000 to free him from his obligations, according to his agent, Bouna Ndiaye.

Link

[h3]Thursday, Oct. 28: TNT doubleheader (Wizards-Magic, Suns-Jazz)[/h3]
The season's first TNT Thursday will be recorded as certifiably historic in Orlando, where the Magic will play their first-ever game at the Amway Center against John Wall's Washington Wizards.

You can't help but wonder, though, whether the league's mythical scheduling computer spit out Washington as the first visitor to Orlando's new building just in case the Wiz and Magic decide to resuscitate those trade talks headlined by Gilbert Arenas and Vince Carter over the next six weeks or so. Wall's debut against Arenas? Tantalizing thought.

TNT's second doubleheader of the week will then be capped by Suns at Jazz in a matchup of Western Conference contenders that have taken on drastically different looks since we last saw them, with Hedo Turkoglu replacing Amare Stoudemire in Phoenix and Al Jefferson replacing Boozer in Utah.

(Quick aside: Steve Kerr has to be working that game for TNT. Has to. Right?)

(Quick follow-up to the quick aside: Kerr has to do the in-game interview with Suns owner Robert Sarver. Has to. Right? I would say so unless TNT wants Chris Webber -- after his unforgettable courtside repartee with Minnesota's David Kahn during summer league -- doing all these interviews from now on.)

nerd.gif

Link

I've pretty much accepted the fact that Gilbert is going to start the season as a Wizards. Teams want to see if he can hold up in the early going...if he performs well then interest may pick up by the trade deadline.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I've pretty much accepted the fact that Gilbert is going to start the season as a Wizards. Teams want to see if he can hold up in the early going...if he performs well then interest may pick up by the trade deadline.

I feel the same way. I would love to see Melo in a Wizards jersey. It looks like he might end up in NY though.

Not long after Washington Wizards fans started making preseason plans and deciding what they would do in their down time until training camp leading up to the October 5th 2010-11 preseason opener, the AP’s Brian Mahoney Tweeted that Brook Lopez of the New Jersey Nets would be pulling out of the FIBA World Championships as he continues to recover from mono. His replacement? JaVale McGee.

Now, it’s unclear if this means that McGee has made the final roster of 12 players, or if he’s just replaced Lopez amongst the cut of 15 that now includes Chauncey Billups, Tyson Chandler, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Rudy Gay, Eric Gordon, Danny Granger, Jeff Green, Andre Iguodala, Kevin Love, Lamar Odom, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook, in addition to McGee.

Common sense would say that, since Team USA was already thin at the center position, McGee will straight up replace Lopez. But what’s common sense worth anyway? Team director Jerry Colangelo has said that they might take a couple of extra players with them as they travel to Europe for the tournament. Team USA is scheduled to play exhibition matches against Lithuania on August 21 and against Spain on August 22 (both to be held in Madrid, Spain). They will play a final exhibition game against Greece in Athens on August 25 before arriving in Turkey for the FIBA tournament the next day, which is essentially when they will be required to submit an official roster of 12.

Link

I think Yi just doubles up on NO-Explode during the summer cuz this is the second summer in a row he's looked like that.

Back
Top Bottom