**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

I am too jaded with the wiz/bullets history to get excited about this.

John Wall + Gilbert Arenas =/= championship

Gil will be playing here next season. They can't void the contract, nobody is trading for him, and they will not sit him.

Damn, that was the most excited I've been about the Wiz since last offseason when we got Foye and Miller and people thought we had a legit shot at 4th in the East. 

Well, now that iverson is out of the league I have to find another team to root for ... I guess I'll choose my hometown squad ... I'll actually purchase a Wall jersey and start going to games if he comes to the wiz ... It would be nice to move gatman gilbert and make a run at two premiere players ... If you can't get Lebron or DWade I would try and make a run for Stat, Reddick and get Haywood back ...WallReddick/FoyeThornton/whoeverBlatcheStat/Haywood/Mcgeeand you still have plenty of room to sign someone else ...

smh @ people calling DJs and other Wiz fans bandwagoners. we've been following and discussing the Wizards all season, its just that until now there wasnt enough to talk about to sustain a thread. theres also a decent amount of Wizards talk in the DMV forum. not really following a team (i.e. being 'casual') and not posting about them on Niketalk are two different things.

i was geeked when i saw the lottery.. Wall is gonna be a stud. the Arenas situation now is interesting. Gilbert and Wall CAN play together, but it wouldnt necessarily be ideal. Gilbert would have to get used to playing SG, which would require him having the ball in his hands a lot less and running around without the ball a lot more, basically decreasing his effectiveness as a player. this team won't go anywhere until we get rid of Gil, however long that may take. and i have a feeling its not going to happen this offseason, so we'll see how next season goes.

in a perfect world, we somehow package Gil to some dumb GM in exchange for some expirings (a guy like Rip Hamilton is owed a lot next year, i believe), and then go after Kevin Durant next summer. or Gil does us a favor and accepts a buyout.

Originally Posted by FilthyMcnasty

Bandwagoners?
laugh.gif
easy buddy
im saying though
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

On twitter, adrian wojo (sp?) was saying that the wizards are going to work harder than ever to move arenas...still a lot of tension between the two sides.

*Looks over at autographed GilZeros*
smh.gif
smh.gif

I definitely want the Wiz to get rid of him, but I just can't believe how big of a screwup he is and how much talent he wasted.
I got an autographed jersey and gilzero (1 shoe)..I hope you didn't get those in the same contest I did
roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

From the Draft thread...

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th][th=""]TEAM[/th][th=""]PLAYER[/th][th=""]VITALS[/th][/tr][tr][td]
1.gif
[/td][td]
was.gif

Washington
[/td][td]
19378.jpg

John Wall
[/td][td]Position: PG
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 185 pounds
School: Kentucky [/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Wizards were the big winners Tuesday night. While choosing Wall would create a jam because the Wizards already have Gilbert Arenas to play point guard, there are a couple of reasons they probably won't be deterred. First, many believe Arenas has always been more a 2-guard. Second, the Wizards will shop Arenas around the league, especially after last season's gun incident.

Either way, winning the lottery provides some balm after a very tough season in Washington. The Wizards have already started to blow up the team and rebuild. Now, in Wall, they can have a great talent as a foundation.

&

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th][th=""]TEAM[/th][th=""]PLAYER[/th][th=""]VITALS[/th][/tr][tr][td]
30.gif
[/td][td]
was.gif

Washington
(via Cleveland)

[/td][td]
19402.jpg

Keith Gallon
[/td][td]Position: PF
Height: 6-9
Weight: 300
School: Oklahoma [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Not every team in the league is a Gallon fan, but a few teams have him ranked very high. I saw him work out in New York and I can see why.

He is skilled, can shoot with NBA range and has a big body. He needs to lose weight and prove that he's going to work hard, but he's a better prospect than Glen Davis was.

Next Five In: Devin Ebanks, F, West Virginia; Stanley Robinson, F, UConn, Elliot Williams, G, Memphis; Jordan Crawford, G, Xavier; Dominique Jones, G, South Florida 

Not a fan of Gallon AT ALL....if this is the selection, Ernie Grunfeld looks like more of an idiot for passing on DeJuan Blair last year. 

Originally Posted by hellomarco

i hope arenas doesn't turn wall into a thug, if ever they get him
ohwell.gif

How can someone that isn't a thug turn someone else into one?

Well DoubleJ's I hope your happy, now you can stop complaining about David Stern "giving" Lebron James to the Cleveland Cavaliers a few years ago by tampering with the draft, cause anybody will tell you that that's exactly what David Stern did for the Wizards last night.  With the passing Abe Polin last year, and with the obvious turmoil that the Washington Wizards are in, David Stern did you guys a big favor by giving you John Wall last night.  No more complaining on your end champ.

Ain't no way in hell they can trade Gil   
Pretty much.

/\ Riiiiight. Giving Abe's late wife is a "huge" conspiracy theory when there were several other situations/franchises that the league would have benefited more from last night. Like a Nets franchise with a multi-billionaire owner that Stern is about to have a field day with. Nobody was given anything.

I think some people are missing the point as to whether Gilbert and Wall can play together, yes their styles might be compatible if you move Gil to the 2 (although I think both need the ball in their hangs), but will Gil's ego allow Wall to be the franchise guy? I highly doubt it.

I have always said Gil is the same guy and dont believe into the "I changed" or "its the new Gil", he loves the media and the spotlight, its just how he is...so I am not sure he will allow Wall to grow as the leader.

This is a good move for DC, I think they need to Look to move Gil even if it means taking less than his playing value....the Wiz have a ton of cap space so maybe adding pieces not the move...I personally dont think (Joe Johnson, Booz, or Amare) are max players. Maybe make a run at 1 of them, or Joe and a big, then add Ray or JJ Reddick, we also should have the MLE

All DC sports will be relevant again

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Well DoubleJ's I hope your happy, now you can stop complaining about David Stern "giving" Lebron James to the Cleveland Cavaliers a few years ago by tampering with the draft, cause anybody will tell you that that's exactly what David Stern did for the Wizards last night.  With the passing Abe Polin last year, and with the obvious turmoil that the Washington Wizards are in, David Stern did you guys a big favor by giving you John Wall last night.  No more complaining on your end champ.

Pretty much.
Huh?  If Stern was going to throw this franchise a bone, it would have been last year with Blake Griffin on the board.  I don't buy into any of that conspiracy crap, "champ."  

On the radio this morning, folks were saying that the Wizards would be about 3-5 points better defensively with Jamison off the team
laugh.gif

Being a UNC/Wiz fan, I've always loved 'Tawn.  That statement is so true, though.  He got straight abused in that Celtics series.

Pretty much.
Huh?  If Stern was going to throw this franchise a bone, it would have been last year with Blake Griffin on the board.  I don't buy into any of that conspiracy crap, "champ."  

On the radio this morning, folks were saying that the Wizards would be about 3-5 points better defensively with Jamison off the team
laugh.gif

Yes you do buy into that conspiracy crap, hence the comments you have made various times on here about Stern handing Lebron to the Cavaliers.  I remember you speficially asking that Stern throw Griffin to the Wizards, but given Griffin's rookie year or lack there of, I think Stern did you guys a favor by not sending Griffin over here.  Besides, Wall has/had more hype around him coming out of the draft then Griffin, that goes without saying.  The Wizards are a dead last organization with no driver behind the wheel, and Stern was VERY good friends with Polin, Polin's wife up there on the podium representing her late husband, all signs leads to Stern doing a great service for DC last night. 

Pretty much.

laugh.gif

Yes you do buy into that conspiracy crap, hence the comments you have made various times on here about Stern handing Lebron to the Cavaliers.  I remember you speficially asking that Stern throw Griffin to the Wizards, but given Griffin's rookie year or lack there of, I think Stern did you guys a favor by not sending Griffin over here.  Besides, Wall has/had more hype around him coming out of the draft then Griffin, that goes without saying.  The Wizards are a dead last organization with no driver behind the wheel, and Stern was VERY good friends with Polin, Polin's wife up there on the podium representing her late husband, all signs leads to Stern doing a great service for DC last night. 

You're putting words in my mouth...because if I was going to comment on Stern giving the Cavs Lebron, then I should at least know who the other teams were that struggled during Lebron's draft year, right?  All I know is that the Cavs sucked.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

as far as Griffin and the Wizards (back in 09'), what I was saying is that Griffin would be a perfect piece to the puzzle.  This is when they were returning the big-3, amongst the other players.  Adding Griffin to the mix would have helped big time....and I still think he would have made an impact, because who's to say that his knee is injured while playing for DC? 

If Stern was going to rig the lottery, he would have put Wall in NJ's lap.  Anything to entice Lebron a little more about playing ball in the tri-state area.  That obviously didn't happen.  

INY summed it up best:

Giving Abe's late wife is a "huge" conspiracy theory when there were several other situations/franchises that the league would have benefited more from last night. Like a Nets franchise with a multi-billionaire owner that Stern is about to have a field day with. Nobody was given anything. 

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

On twitter, adrian wojo (sp?) was saying that the wizards are going to work harder than ever to move arenas...still a lot of tension between the two sides.

*Looks over at autographed GilZeros*
smh.gif
smh.gif

I definitely want the Wiz to get rid of him, but I just can't believe how big of a screwup he is and how much talent he wasted.
I got an autographed jersey and gilzero (1 shoe)..I hope you didn't get those in the same contest I did
roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Yup
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And lmao @ the 3-5 point improvement on defense without Antawn.

How much of a stake does Leonsis have in the Wizards? That's one person in sports I would trust in the driver's seat to rebuild a team from a situation similar to that of Washington.

From all reports I've read/heard thus far...there will be no funny business with this #1 pick. Wall will be the guy. They'll work out Turner just for evaluation purposes but it's 99.9% certain that Wall will be a Wizard. Now I'm focusing on who to target with that 30th and 34th pick. The opportunity is there to swing for the fences. There are a few low risk, high reward guys that should be available there. I'd LOVE to see a potential Wall/Stephenson backcourt one day if Stephenson can keep his head on straight.

Back
Top Bottom