**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

Espn has us finishing 9th in the East this year. I could definitely see us doing better than 32-50 but maybe I'm blinded by my allegiance, who knows.

Washington Wizards 32 50 .390 26 56 .317
Excited about John Wall? So is our panel, which forecasts the Wizards finishing five spots higher. That says a lot about the uncertainty at the bottom of the East, but it also reflects the renewed hope expected in Washington's locker room after the gun incident that cost the team Gilbert Arenas -- now the other half of the Wiz backcourt.

http://sports.espn.go.com...Forecast10-EastStandings

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Espn has us finishing 9th in the East this year. I could definitely see us doing better than 32-50 but maybe I'm blinded by my allegiance, who knows.

Washington Wizards 32 50 .390 26 56 .317
Excited about John Wall? So is our panel, which forecasts the Wizards finishing five spots higher. That says a lot about the uncertainty at the bottom of the East, but it also reflects the renewed hope expected in Washington's locker room after the gun incident that cost the team Gilbert Arenas -- now the other half of the Wiz backcourt.

http://sports.espn.go.com...Forecast10-EastStandings

I really feel like this team could sneak in as a 7th or 8th seed in the East.  I feel like they will be better than the Knicks and Bobcats.  I'll be happy with 35+ wins this season...I don't think it's unrealistic at all. 

Not sure about being better than Charlotte (Larry Brown makes them MUCH better than what they are). But I do feel like we're a playoff team.

i cant wait to see Arenas this season
pimp.gif

Wizards going back to R/W/B for the 2011-12 season
pimp.gif

The cameras had already clicked off and reporters started trickling out of the conference room at Verizon Center after Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld completed a nearly 30-minute news conference. He had already discussed the franchise's rebuilding plans, Gilbert Arenas, John Wall and other subjects, but the lingering reporters were left with a doozy: The Wizards plan to change their team colors to red, white and blue before the 2011-12 season.

http://voices.washingtonp...nging-back-to-red-w.html

I've accepted the fact that we're stuck w. the name "Wizards"....however, going back to the R/W/B is awesome news....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Wizards going back to R/W/B for the 2011-12 season
pimp.gif

The cameras had already clicked off and reporters started trickling out of the conference room at Verizon Center after Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld completed a nearly 30-minute news conference. He had already discussed the franchise's rebuilding plans, Gilbert Arenas, John Wall and other subjects, but the lingering reporters were left with a doozy: The Wizards plan to change their team colors to red, white and blue before the 2011-12 season.

http://voices.washingtonp...nging-back-to-red-w.html

I've accepted the fact that we're stuck w. the name "Wizards"....however, going back to the R/W/B is awesome news....
YESSIR!!! Good news indeed.  I've been waiting for years for them to make that switch especially since the Caps did it a few years back.  Good move Ted!
pimp.gif

They were repainting the floor a couple weeks ago, when me and my folks went down to get season tickets...

I was out of town this weekend, so I didn't get a chance to bump this....

but I LOVE this extension....Keeping Blatche on the cheap????  Wow....just gotta hope homie can keep his head on straight...

WASHINGTON -- The Washington Wizards have signed forward Andray Blatche to a contract extension that will pay him around $35 million over the next five years.

Link

Glad to hear about the color change, that should be great.  I guess keeping Blatche on is a good move, considering the cost.  He still has room for improvement.

Love that Blatche got an extension and love that we are going back to the Red/White/Blue color scheme next year.

I don't like the Blatche extension only because I don't trust him with that much money. All the talent is there, but it could go down hill with all that cash. I guess that could be said about a lot of players.

I don't like the Blatche extension only because I don't trust him with that much money. All the talent is there, but it could go down hill with all that cash. I guess that could be said about a lot of players.

Originally Posted by Swish 22

To put this in perspective....check it out:

Amir Johnson got 5/$34M
Ty Thomas got 5/$40M
Drew Gooden got 5/$32M

I'd say Blatche's deal is a bargain....

I went.
Surprised at the turnout. Obviously a large # of the crowd were students but alot of other fans showed up too. 

- Some guy had on a custom Bullets #2 Wall jersey. Was kinda dope.

- Cool to see Gil/Wall play fighting before they came out for player intros. Crowd was VERY supportive of Gil. Wall still came out last and to the loudest ovation. 

- The crowd was extra hype for Sam Cassell too 
laugh.gif

- Josh Howard & Andray Blatche took part in some light running w/ the team but sat out the scrimmage and worked out on bikes.

- The drills were VERY sloppy but I don't think they were taking this serious and this was moreso something for the fans

- When the teams were split for scrimmage. Morrison was apart of the first 10 while Hudson, Martin, Palmer, Ndiaye, and Marks came off the bench. Very surprised. Must have been really playing well in workouts at Verizon. Went to the cup and pulled off a nice AND 1 a few minutes in. I think whoever has a better camp between him and Martin will have a roster spot.

- Wall is nuts. Just nuts. He's unguardable in transition...on any level. He's a threat to score/assist on any missed shot. He catches the outlet...find a seam and then he's gone. He has a motor that you just won't find in most players period. This fool dunked his own FT miss back in. Like...who does that? Turnovers will be an issue (like any other young point) but I expect a high assist year too. As expected...his favorite target was McGee and they connected way too many times to count.

- Gilbert looked to be in better shape than he has in the past. His shot will always be there. Seemed to be going at half speed so it was hard to really gather much from him. Everyone's been saying he's being forced to take a backseat to Wall because of the situation...but even from just looking at this scrimmage...he's taking a backseat to Wall by default because of the dimension Wall brings. They just don't play the same. Gil ran the point at times and didn't nearly get the same results as Wall. He barely even touched the ball when they were in the same backcourt but the dribble drive kickout will easily be there when the season starts. I still would like to see him moved for basketball reasons. We need a prototypical 2. If Nick Young had a brain it could be him.

- Hinrich is going to be good. Excellent for when the game has to slow down and we need more of a half court offense.

- McGee looked like McGee. Hard to get a real read on him in this setting. He was just (literally) jumping over everyone. 

- Seraphin can't really play much but he's strong as hell. He's got good hands and is a great athlete. Should see alot of D-League time this year. Frustrated the hell out of McGee by bullying him at times.

- Armstrong. Meh. Should be good for 5-10 minutes a night. Got booed to by the GMU crowd. You should know why 
laugh.gif

- Yi has alot of talent. Won't be expected to do what he did in Mil and NJ and will be asked to do what he IS good at. Expect to see him playing alot of minutes this year between the 3-5. 

- Nick Young is Nick Young. He will continue to do things at times that suggest he should be a star...and then turn right around and do something that reminds you why he's still trying to find himself 4 years later now. 

- Booker looked SUPER undersized compared to all the trees we had and really struggled trying to get his shot off. Tried to do too much spinning around defenders rather then putting his body into them to create space. I anticipate that he still manages to find minutes this year.

Back
Top Bottom