Wayne Gretzky's card nets $94,163 vol.. what was the best card you had ?

LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. -- The Great One is still setting records.

Wayne Gretzky's NHL rookie card earned $94,163 at an online sports memorabilia auction Sunday. SCP Auctions says that's the highest price ever paid for a hockey card.

While a Gretzky rookie card is easy enough to find on eBay, it is rare to find one free of small flaws or imperfections. The card sold Sunday was graded 10, or mint condition, by Professional Sports Authenticator.

SCP calls it "arguably the most valuable modern trading card in existence."

a3d59b30-e8f7-41e1-b82e-9566053e9666.jpg

bought a $ 4 pack of Stadium Club at the corner store, it was the last card in the pack... soon as i saw MJ i ran home and looked it up lol. Was worth $125 at the time, you couldnt tell me nothing that week 

LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. -- The Great One is still setting records.

Wayne Gretzky's NHL rookie card earned $94,163 at an online sports memorabilia auction Sunday. SCP Auctions says that's the highest price ever paid for a hockey card.

While a Gretzky rookie card is easy enough to find on eBay, it is rare to find one free of small flaws or imperfections. The card sold Sunday was graded 10, or mint condition, by Professional Sports Authenticator.

SCP calls it "arguably the most valuable modern trading card in existence."

a3d59b30-e8f7-41e1-b82e-9566053e9666.jpg

bought a $ 4 pack of Stadium Club at the corner store, it was the last card in the pack... soon as i saw MJ i ran home and looked it up lol. Was worth $125 at the time, you couldnt tell me nothing that week 

i've had some gems back in the day...not too many key cards nowadays though.
had an old yogi berra card
charles barkley rookie, drexler rookie (fleers)
nolan ryan second year
mcgwire, griffey rookies

i sold all my cards when i was a lot younger but kept ALL of my jordans. i got a couple hundred DIFFERENT jordans...most valuable of the bunch is probably his second year sticker card.

back in the day opening packs was a blast...not so much for me anymore

nolan ryan second year
mcgwire, griffey rookies

i sold all my cards when i was a lot younger but kept ALL of my jordans. i got a couple hundred DIFFERENT jordans...most valuable of the bunch is probably his second year sticker card.

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

nolan ryan second year
mcgwire, griffey rookies

life is different now... you want a card now you just go online and get it. Back in the day you wanted a car you had to dig thru packs

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

nolan ryan second year
mcgwire, griffey rookies

life is different now... you want a card now you just go online and get it. Back in the day you wanted a car you had to dig thru packs

i got a stack of cards...a few different kobe rookies different jordan cards

idk if they worth anything anymore last time i checked...nope

i got a stack of cards...a few different kobe rookies different jordan cards

idk if they worth anything anymore last time i checked...nope

Man are cards like Bennie Babies now? People hyped up their long term value only to find out they aren't worth anything? I have a few hundred cards from 90-94 (NBA) and many Mike's. Are they worth anything?

Man are cards like Bennie Babies now? People hyped up their long term value only to find out they aren't worth anything? I have a few hundred cards from 90-94 (NBA) and many Mike's. Are they worth anything?

i had a Jordan rookie that was graded an 8.4 due to a messed up corner.

i don't even remember how much i sold it for...
embarassed.gif

embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

unfortunately no man... especially 90 - 94. Thats when bball cards were the most popular and they mass produced the $%%+ out of those cards making their value disgusting 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

unfortunately no man... especially 90 - 94. Thats when bball cards were the most popular and they mass produced the $%%+ out of those cards making their value disgusting 

Originally Posted by osubass1

embarassed.gif

damn.. when u sell it ?

Originally Posted by osubass1

embarassed.gif

damn.. when u sell it ?

Back
Top Bottom