Weather Thread: It's been TOO cold lately....

i grew up in seattle for my first @@ years of my life, then i join air force and got stationed in great falls, mt. ever since then i think its funny whatpeople consider cold there, look at this four day stretch
[table][tr][td]
http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg...us/nws/weather/gr/16s.png', sizingMethod='crop'); BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none">Friday
[/td] [td]
http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg...us/nws/weather/gr/14s.png', sizingMethod='crop'); BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none">Saturday
[/td] [td]
http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg...us/nws/weather/gr/28s.png', sizingMethod='crop'); BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none">Sunday
[/td] [td]
http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg...us/nws/weather/gr/34s.png', sizingMethod='crop'); BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none">Monday Tuesday
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td] High: 41°
Low: 23°
[/td] [td] High: 20°
Low: -19°
[/td] [td] High: -14°
Low: -19°
[/td] [td] High: -10°
Low: -14°
[/td] [td]High: 7°
Low: 2°[/td] [/tr][/table]

i'm a be out there wednesday.
nerd.gif

they're talking about delaying one of my projects near Tacoma. they say the city shuts down entirely in snowy/ icy conditions.

The ice is what's killer because of all the hills. Get any type of moisture on the ground and it's game over for Seattle. And considering it won'tget above freezing for a week, it's going to be ugly out there.

its official, steve pool just said the snow isn't going anywhere in addition to the fact that it'll be snowing cumulatively up to the day ofCHRISTMAS!!! Dam I wish I was back at the UW, came down yesterday to work at southcenter and do some xmas shopping and wakeup and realized im trapped here inKent for a LONG minute
ohwell.gif
. Oh well, guess Im about to go walk around,nothing like puffin a
pimp.gif
in the snow hah. Dunk206 where you stay at, those pics of the neighborhood look so familiar to me for some reason..its crazy outtho, seattle downtown shutdown today as well, my friend just called and said neither him or his roomate whom work at Nordstroms & Pacific Place downtownhave work today because they're all shut down.
eek.gif

Looks like chance of snow on Wednesday.... and then maybe next weekend in the latest forecast.

I am not bulit for this!

the good thing was that once I got onto Petrovitsky, its was an easy drive into work...but it was hard just getting to Petro

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Looks like Wednesday is pretty much a guarantee on snow, right?
Looks like any time from Tuesday night to Thursday night.... chance of snow.

Tuesday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. South southwest wind between 5 and8 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Wednesday: Snow. High near 34. South southeast wind 6 to 15 mph becoming north northwest. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Wednesday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 25. North wind around 16 mph.

Thursday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.

Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I am not bulit for this!

the good thing was that once I got onto Petrovitsky, its was an easy drive into work...but it was hard just getting to Petro
#$%+*%$ black ice of doom all around.... my apartment complex lobby is all iced out....
indifferent.gif

dunks206: took the same pic the other day
14tu63q.jpg
lol in whites, see you sat....bring my laces please

Code:
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA343 PM PST TUE DEC 16 2008...A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGHTHURSDAY MORNING FOR MOST NORTHERN ZONES IN WESTERN WASHINGTON ASWELL AS THE CASCADES AND OLYMPICS......A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHTTHROUGH THURSDAY MORNING FOR SOUTHERN ZONES IN WESTERNWASHINGTON....A FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL MOVE OVER WESTERN WASHINGTON FROM CANADALATE TONIGHT...AND WITH A VERY COLD AIR MASS STILL OVER THEREGION...SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS ALL OF WESTERN WASHINGTON. ACOLD UPPER LEVEL LOW WILL REMAIN OVER THE AREA WEDNESDAY NIGHT ANDTHURSDAY. SOME AREAS WILL GET HEAVY SNOW...FOUR INCHES OR MORE...ANDA WINTER STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR THEM. SOME AREAS MAYNOT GET HEAVY SNOW...THEY MAY GET UP TO THREE INCHES...BUT THEDETAILS REMAIN UNCERTAIN. THE WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS HEAVY SNOW ISPOSSIBLE BUT NOT CERTAIN.HEAVY SNOW WILL BEGIN IN THE NORTHERNMOST ZONES LATE TONIGHT ANDSPREAD SOUTH ON WEDNESDAY. THE NORTHERN ZONES ARE NOW UNDER AWINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW.IN WESTERN WHATCOM COUNTY...SAN JUAN COUNTY...AND WESTERN SKAGITCOUNTY...3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW ARE LIKELY WEDNESDAY. SNOW FLURRIESWILL BEGIN AFTER MIDNIGHT AND HEAVY SNOW WILL BEGIN BETWEEN 4 AMAND 7 AM. SNOW SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT WHENANOTHER INCH IS POSSIBLE. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION WILL BE 4 TO 7INCHES.IN THE STRAIT OF JUAN DE FUCA AREA...2 OR 3 INCHES OF SNOW ARELIKELY WEDNESDAY. SNOW FLURRIES WILL BEGIN AFTER MIDNIGHT ANDHEAVY SNOW WILL BEGIN BETWEEN 4 AM AND 7 AM. BRISK NORTH WINDSWEDNESDAY NIGHT WILL CAUSE UPSLOPE SNOW...AND ANOTHER 1 TO 3INCHES WILL FALL. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION WILL BE 3 TO 6 INCHES.IN THE EVERETT AREA...3 INCHES OF SNOW ARE LIKELY WEDNESDAY. SNOWFLURRIES WILL BEGIN AFTER MIDNIGHT AND HEAVY SNOW WILL BEGINAROUND 7 AM. HEAVIER SNOW AMOUNTS WILL BE IN EASTERN SECTIONS ATFIRST...BUT ON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING SOUTHERN SNOHOMISHCOUNTY LOOKS LIKE IT HAVE A PERSISTENT BAND OF SNOW SHOWERS.ANOTHER 3 INCHES WILL FALL. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION WILL BE UPTO 6 INCHES.IN THE EAST PUGET SOUND LOWLANDS INCLUDING CITIES SUCH ASBELLEVUE...ISSAQUAH...NORTH BEND...AND BONNEY LAKE...2 TO 6 INCHESOF SNOW ARE LIKELY WEDNESDAY. SNOW FLURRIES WILL BEGIN AFTERMIDNIGHT AND HEAVY SNOW WILL BEGIN AROUND 7 AM. HEAVIER SNOWAMOUNTS WILL BE NEAR THE CASCADES. ANOTHER 2 TO 4 INCHES WILL FALLWEDNESDAY NIGHT. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION WILL BE 4 TO 10 INCHES.ON THE NORTH COAST...SNOW WILL BEGIN FALLING AFTER MIDNIGHT. UP TOONE INCH WILL FALL TONIGHT...THEN UP TO 3 MORE INCHES WILL FALLWEDNESDAY AND ANOTHER INCH WILL FALL WEDNESDAY NIGHT. AREAS NEXTTO THE OCEAN MAY HAVE RAIN AT TIMES OR MIXED RAIN AND SNOW...BUTINLAND THE PRECIPITATION WILL BE SNOW. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONSWILL BE UP TO 5 INCHES.IN THE OLYMPICS AND CASCADES...SNOW WILL BEGIN FALLING LATETONIGHT...AND WILL CONTINUE TO FALL ALL DAY WEDNESDAY INTOWEDNESDAY NIGHT. ONE OR TWO FEET OF NEW SNOW IS LIKELY.ALTHOUGH THE HEAVY SNOW WILL END BY THURSDAY MORNING...SNOWSHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE THURSDAY. TEMPERATURES ARE UNLIKELY TO CLIMBMUCH ABOVE FREEZING ON THURSDAY OR FRIDAY...SO NOT MUCH SNOW MELTWILL OCCUR.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...MONITOR WEATHER FORECASTS ANDROAD CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. STAY INDOORS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. TRAVELIS LIKELY TO BE ADVERSELY IMPACTED WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY ANDPOSSIBLY LONGER.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

this snow has really limited to all the things I COULD be doing to enjoy this winter break ive worked all quarter long to earn
tired.gif

ugh...snow was so much cooler in grade/high school cause everyone would be willing to gear up and walk miles to meet up and stay out..
now everyone including myself is jus either too lazy or figure the coldness not worthy of steppin foot out the house...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by VCXV

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

this snow has really limited to all the things I COULD be doing to enjoy this winter break ive worked all quarter long to earn
tired.gif

ugh...snow was so much cooler in grade/high school cause everyone would be willing to gear up and walk miles to meet up and stay out..
now everyone including myself is jus either too lazy or figure the coldness not worthy of steppin foot out the house...
frown.gif
I KNOW. Man this is some BS
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'm trying to go out & do a bunch of stuff.
Forecast of 2-5 inches tomorrow for Seattle.... 4-10 inches out where I live
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I am not bulit for this!

#$%+*%$ black ice of doom all around.... my apartment complex lobby is all iced out....
indifferent.gif

dunks206: took the same pic the other day
14tu63q.jpg
lol in whites, see you sat....bring my laces please
No joke I was wearing the same shoes on Saturday.

Now that I drive I hate the snow and the ice even more, the only good part is missing school and not making it up (I'm a senior in HS). It sucks becausehanging out is made so much harder because of the snow and how slow I have to drive. This weekend I was the designated driver and the ice was beyond annoying.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

man, its 11:23pm and still no sign of powder yet. what gives? more the better!
Snow should come around in the early morning hours..... with the more heavy snowfall starting around 7ish?
Something along those lines....

At this point I'll be shocked if there isn't a few inches of snow on the ground when I wake up tomorrow (at 11is).
We shall see!

Way to go on the forecast...and snow shadow?....are we just making up words on the fly today to save face?

Back
Top Bottom