Weekly Wrestling Thread | Jan 1 - Smackdown - Beat The Clock Challenge - Happy New Year!

^ Spoilers would be appreciated.
nerd.gif

extremely classy move by the WWE letting Dreamer get a goodbye match/speech. Just from listening to him and watching his emotions flow you can tell dude lovesthe business.

1/1 Episode of Smackdown
Spoiler [+]
-Beat the clock tournament to see who will face the Undertaker at Royal Rumble
-CM Punk def. Matt Hardy and I think his time was around 7:20..Punk won with the Go To Sleep and Festus or whatever his name is now and Punk beat Matt Hardy up after the match(Beat The Clock)
-In the Kane and Dolph Ziggler match..Dolph went for a sleeper hold
indifferent.gif
...which felt like it took 30 seconds
indifferent.gif
..and then time ran out (Beat The Clock)
-Some dude in a Carolina Panther jersey came out
laugh.gif
..and went against the Great Khali..Khali won with the Khali Bomb in about 6 seconds..and he diddy bopped back up the stage..no lie (was not a beat the clock match btw)
-Drew McIntyre def John Morrison by DQ when McIntyre pushed Morrison into the ref..after the match they traded punches and were fighting on the ramp while the refs tried to break them up
-Mickie James def Beth Phoenix. Was just looking at Mickie this whole match but uhh yea she won with a roll up after McCool kicked Beth in the head on the apron. After the match McCool and Layla fought with Mickie and Beth and Beth and Mickie were in the ring alone. Beth did her finisher on Mickie
-Jericho comes out..uses some big SAT words that had me and my buddy laughing and guarantees he and Show will win the titles next Monday on Raw
-Rey Mysterio def Chris Jericho with a roll up and there was one second left on the clock (Beat The Clock) Was a good match by the way. Jericho caught Rey with a Codebreaker when Rey Jumped off the top rope
eek.gif

-Jimmy Wang Yang, Slam Master J and Maria vs The Hart Dynasty. Jimmy Wang Yang was putting in work
laugh.gif
but the Dynasty came out on top and after the match Maria shoved Natalya and Natayla hit her with a clothesline and put her in the Sharpshooter. Should have been a 2 man tag team match as the females didn't wrestle.
-Batista vs R-Truth. Rey @Ringside. Time winding down Batista was just mocking Rey and Batista performed all his finished. With about 7 seconds left I think he did the Batista Bomb and went for the cover. Batista clearly was going to beat Rey's time by 2 seconds when Rey pulled the Ref's leg before he could count to 3 and time expired. Declared Rey the winner of the Beat The Clock Challenge.
Vicky Guerrero comes out and says it will be Rey vs Batista next week for the number 1 contender spot against the Undertaker.
Dark Match- Rey vs Batista in a Street Match. Jericho ran out hit Rey with a Codebreaker. Matt comes out hits Jericho with the Twist of Fate. CM Punk came out in a retarted looking stance
laugh.gif
and did the GTS on Hardy. Kane came out and attacks everyone, Batista spears Kane, Mysterio hit Batista with the 619 then Kane choke slammed Batista and Rey got the win.
4W I have no idea how you do it..I felt like I was just typing a school essay
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

1/1 Episode of Smackdown
Spoiler [+]
-CM Punk def. Matt Hardy and I think his time was around 7:20..Punk won with the Go To Sleep and Festus or whatever his name is now and Punk beat Matt Hardy up after the match(Beat The Clock)
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
..and went against the Great Khali..Khali won with the Khali Bomb in about 6 seconds..and he diddy bopped back up the stage..no lie (was not a beat the clock match btw)
-Drew McIntyre def John Morrison by DQ when McIntyre pushed Morrison into the ref..after the match they traded punches and were fighting on the ramp while the refs tried to break them up
-Mickie James def Beth Phoenix. Was just looking at Mickie this whole match but uhh yea she won with a roll up after McCool kicked Beth in the head on the apron. After the match McCool and Layla fought with Mickie and Beth and Beth and Mickie were in the ring alone. Beth did her finisher on Mickie
-Jericho comes out..uses some big SAT words that had me and my buddy laughing and guarantees he and Show will win the titles next Monday on Raw
-Rey Mysterio def Chris Jericho with a roll up and there was one second left on the clock (Beat The Clock) Was a good match by the way. Jericho caught Rey with a Codebreaker when Rey Jumped off the top rope
eek.gif

-Jimmy Wang Yang, Slam Master J and Maria vs The Hart Dynasty. Jimmy Wang Yang was putting in work
laugh.gif
but the Dynasty came out on top and after the match Maria shoved Natalya and Natayla hit her with a clothesline and put her in the Sharpshooter. Should have been a 2 man tag team match as the females didn't wrestle.
-Batista vs R-Truth. Rey @Ringside. Time winding down Batista was just mocking Rey and Batista performed all his finished. With about 7 seconds left I think he did the Batista Bomb and went for the cover. Batista clearly was going to beat Rey's time by 2 seconds when Rey pulled the Ref's leg before he could count to 3 and time expired. Declared Rey the winner of the Beat The Clock Challenge.
Vicky Guerrero comes out and says it will be Rey vs Batista next week for the number 1 contender spot against the Undertaker.
Dark Match- Rey vs Batista in a Street Match. Jericho ran out hit Rey with a Codebreaker. Matt comes out hits Jericho with the Twist of Fate. CM Punk came out in a retarted looking stance
laugh.gif
and did the GTS on Hardy. Kane came out and attacks everyone, Batista spears Kane, Mysterio hit Batista with the 619 then Kane choke slammed Batista and Rey got the win.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
I hate the Beat the Clock gimmick. It takes up an entire show when we know it will come down to two people and one will win or lose by one second. When they could have had a decent 15-20 minute #1 contenders match

Report: Melina injured at RAW house show
Melina was apparently injured at tonight's WWE RAW house show.

"Melina was hurt in a 6 diva tag. Jack Doan gave the X sign. Doctors came down with paramedics and a stretcher but she was helped to back by Doan and Kelly Kelly. She went to a different exit. Presumably to be seen by docs."

There is fear that Melina suffered a torn ACL. She's currently undergoing an examination to diagnose the severity of her injury.

What a great way to send off Tommy Dreamer...you have to give him credit to put up with everything WWE threw his way.

Angel

R.I.P. "Dr. Death" Steve Williams:
I can now confirm that Steve "Dr. Death" Williams lost his battle with cancer last night, as he passed away at the age of 49. I know the cancer came back this year and his health had worsened in the last few months. No other details on the death are available at this time.

Williams was considered one of the top wrestlers in the world during the late 80s and early 90s. He formed two of the world's best tag teams with the late Terry Gordy and with Ted DiBiase Sr., as well as a notable team with current WWE Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis. He was in particular a major star in the 90s for All Japan Pro Wrestling. He was recruited into pro wrestling by Bill Watts and was the 1982 Rookie of the Year. Watts discovered him at the University of Oklahoma, where he was a star lineman on the football team and a four-time All-American heavyweight wrestler. Many of his peers in wrestling over the years had believed if he had not played college football and concentrated on wrestling, that he would have been a strong candidate for an Olympic gold medal in 1984 or 1988.

On behalf of everyone here on the website, I want to sent our condolences along to the family, friends and fans of Steve Williams.

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

1/1 Episode of Smackdown
Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I do it because I love you guys so much.

Spoiler [+]
I'm kinda tired of the whole Beat The Clock thing. And Rey vs Baptista for #1 contender again?
indifferent.gif

And RIP Dr. Death.

Back
Top Bottom