WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

And was the point of discussing this box office for IW to be in line with other MCU movies like I suggested it was gonna be or for it to be better like you and others were suggested. Making less than Black Panther domestically and making around the same as A1 isnt what we discussed in this thread about this film a month ago...
Domestic gross is only part of the overall gross man

There's still international gross and without question IW is going to do better than BP on that end.

You said movie was going to be lucky to do 1.6 mil. If you knew your numbers you'd have known it was going to hit that...at minimum.

You also need to be better at reading.

Meh BP/shuri just had the last movie, this film was a damn milestone event one decade in the making everyone taking a backseat to Thanos/the avengers as a team

Shuri was stuck trying to fix vision broke *** too :lol:

There's still international gross and without question IW is going to do better than BP on that end.

You said movie was going to be lucky to do 1.6 mil. If you knew your numbers you'd have known it was going to hit that.

I know my numbers and I know 1.6 billi isn’t 2 billi nor is it the 1.9 billi of the Star Wars Ep 7 this movie opened larger than. The fact that you can accept BP out grossing this film domestically says everything. IW has BP and Iron Man and Spider-Man and Captain America and the Guardians of the Galaxy in it.

Last edited:
I know my numbers and I know 1.6 billi isn’t 2 billi nor is it the 1.9 billi of the Star Wars Ep 7 this movie opened larger. The fact that you can accept BP out grossing this film domestically says everything. IW has BP and Iron Man and Spider-Man and Captain America and the Guardians of the Galaxy in it.
Lol like I said you need to be able to read better.

Based on the info I gave you, IW tying with BP domestically is a middling scenario. If it's legs stay in line with A1 it can go past BP domestically.

And if it doesnt. So what. It just means American audiences really really dig BP and that's not a slight on IW at all.

Overall, it's guaranteed to do better than BP's 1.3 billion. Movie is going to do 1.6 at the minimum.

And stop moving your goal posts. You're kinda all over the place. You went from 'movie is going to be lucky to hit 1. 6 bil' to 'I know it's going to hit 1.6 bil, but that's not 2 bil though'.... You also shifted from focusing on IW's overall numbers to comparing its domestic numbers to BP's

Lol like I said you need to be able to read better.

Based on the info I gave you, IW tying with BP domestically is a middling scenario. If it's legs stay in line with A1 it can go past BP domestically.

And if it doesnt. So what. It just means American audiences really really dig BP and that's not a slight on IW at all.

Overall, it's guaranteed to do better than BP's 1.3 billion. Movie is going to do 1.6 at the minimum.

And stop moving your goal posts. You're kinda all over the place. You went from 'movie is going to be lucky to hit 1. 6 bil' to 'I know it's going to hit 1.6 bil, but that's not 2 bil though'.... You also shifted from focusing on IW's overall numbers to comparing its domestic numbers to BP's

It’s not tying BP’s domestic gross, it’s making lower. You should stop moving the goal post. The movie making 1.6 bill is an IF based on its second week drop. It needed a 47-48% drop to be in capable of anytype of gross around Episode 7 which was what was touted in this thread from posters including myself. You may be content with this film grossing at best Jurassic World numbers but I held this film to a higher standard.

my friends were arguing if thanos a better villain than killmonger...

killmonger the best villain in any solo mcu film imo... thoughts?

tumblr_p4coqsOlRc1x0bvwko3_540.gif

tumblr_p4coqsOlRc1x0bvwko1_540.gif

tumblr_p4coqsOlRc1x0bvwko2_540.gif

Bae better had survived
2nd gif = IT moved

I personally think it’s between Vulture and Killmonger. Killmonger is a misunderstood hero and Vulture was the classic just doing what he had to do villain. Those two and Loki make up the trifecta of best MCU villains. Thanos isn’t even in the discussion. Dude is an economist that’s so worried about the universe’s resources that he would rather wipe out half the universe with the infinity gems than create more resources. Dude is just grumpy version of Barney

And what happened to this?

source.gif
It was a lie :lol:

They literally took the running scenes to the opening in the shield, changed the background, and added a Hulk running scene from some past movie :lol:

Cuz if we talking foot speed Hulk is dusting the scumbag and BP.
Next Tuesday.
And is STILL in theaters.

Its ******* May.

You said movie was going to be lucky to do 1.6 mil. If you knew your numbers you'd have known it was going to hit that...at minimum.

You also need to be better at reading.
Got me agreeing with you now.

Depends what you want from your villains and how you define them

End of the day, Killmonger had more passion/motivation and justification in his goals but he lost and died. Meanwhile, Thanos had that iron will and won.
It changes the whole story. My memory of the story was told from the perspectives of Thanos, Silver Surfer & Adam Warlock.
Different story otherwise.

They had to throw the G of the Galaxy all in there too? I don't remember a raccoon or a tree battling Thanos in the comics at all....if that happens in the movie.
Wait the movie is called Infinity War but you're expecting it to be a direct adaption of Infinity Gauntlet. Why?

Why aren't you complaining about the lack of Magus, superhero dopplegangers, Doom and Kang team-up, ultimate nullifier, and the infinity gauntlet being deactivated and then reactivated?

If you ever do watch it you'll see a ton of call backs to different Marvel comic events and even more references.

The attention to detail was immaculate.

Last edited:
Again if you're going to say that then t'challa voided everything due to outside interference.

Are we really going to go in circles here
T'Challa didn't do anything to cause outside interference and nobody from any of the tribes that were watching that challenge witnessed the interference.

So nothing was voided.
Can someone explain the theory of how BARF will play a role in A4? I just know Tony used it in Civil War.
I have no clue why ppl keep bringing up that BARF tech from CW and how it could be implemented in the story to be anything more than a simulation program. Its basically a Star Trek holodeck.

I didn’t like Erik being able to take down Tchalla.

Dude was a beast don’t get me wrong, but my dude been training his whole damn life with various different arts. Should of handled Erik
What’s more impressive is he straight up won. No cheap shot or anything :lol:

I didn’t like Erik being able to take down Tchalla.

Dude was a beast don’t get me wrong, but my dude been training his whole damn life with various different arts. Should of handled Erik
What’s more impressive is he straight up won. No cheap shot or anything :lol:
Special forces training along with black ops training is nothing to write off. For all we know, Black Panthers martial arts might be inefficient vs today's refined and hybridised combat training.

Also, can't be easy for t'challa to have to take that whatever to strip away the heart shaped herb powers prior to have to fight for his life

In A4 Spiderman cmes back in an altered timeline with organic webshooters and comes home to Uncle Ben. Aunt May got dusted and will be continuing motivation for fighting crime

im cut a hole in the ship and it was fine but then they killed maw w a hole in the ship

banner called cap but they acted surprised to see him
Since Banner was @ Tony's Avenger compound upstate I'm wondering if he called Rhodey instead :lol:

If he did call Steve it was probably only him.
Like I mentioned earlier if that was the case, that the way they planned it wouldn't work, then that scene seems like a waste of time. I realize I'm taking the movie at surface value...
Even if it is itended not to work they still have to do it.

Going through the motions to get the desired outcome.

Otherwise they'd stand around and just hand Thanos the stone with no fight and that wouldn't work cuz he'd know something was up.
how didnt the gotg see knowhere was already destroyed from when they pulled up?

the reality stone dont work from that far away right?
It works as far away as you want it to.
is it too late to recast? lol.

rs_634x1024-151116055708-634.supergirl-melissa-benoist-2.ch.111615.jpg

messing around, I hope she works out, should with the track record
I don't get this, Brie doesn't look intimidating but y'all in favor of skinny chicks like Benmoist and Gal? Those chicks look imposing?

All 3 have no tone or any kind of muscles on their body

Last edited:

Killmonger is good but Thanos is better imo

Even ppl who really like Killmonger will agree that he needed to be in the movie more. In bp everything orbited around T'Challa. In IW everything orbited around Thanos. The movie belonged to him.

Killmonger had that one line in the end about bury me in the sea with my ancestors because they knew death was better than bondage. With Thanos he had a lot more quotables.

Killmonger didn't do anything all that horrific in bp. The worst thing he did on screen is he killed his girlfriend to get to Klaw. Maybe he roughed up a poor woman when she wouldn't listen to him right away in the garden...but that was it. Thanos killed his daughter so he can the power to kill half a universe.

Killmonger showed how bad *** he was when he threw T'Challa off a cliff, but I think the first five minutes when Thanos killed Loki and gave Hulk the hands>>>that

I will say that Killmonger is the more sympathetic, relatable villain. He's the kind of bad guy where a lot of ppl could root for him to win. But I don't want to sympathize with my villains. I want to want my villains to lose lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom