WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

But the thing is, we don't know their rules. In some sports a title can't change hands under disqualification. So the fight could've possibly been over the moment Zuri interfered. But from what we know, T'Challa being alive and never yielding makes him king still.

Killmonger's father had a noble vision (even though a convo with his brother before resorting to stealing and using klaue would have been a better/smarter plan):
N'Jobu: "I observed for as long as I could. Their leaders have been assassinated. Communities flooded with drugs and weapons. They are overly policed and incarcerated. All over the planet, our people suffer because they don't have the tools to fight back. With vibranium weapons they can overthrow all countries, and Wakanda can rule them all, the right way!"

Killmonger was just driven and blinded by revenge and never hid this fact (I guess a lot of you missed the BP story arc in CW):
T'Challa: "You will destroy the world, Wakanda included!"

Erik Killmonger: "The world took everything away from me! Everything I ever loved! But I'ma make sure we're even. I'ma track down anyone who would even think of being loyal to you! And I'ma put their *** in the dirt, right next to Zuri!"

AND:
Erik Killmonger: "I've waited my whole life for this. The world's going to start over. I'MA BURN IT ALL!"

Jesus Christ...dudes in here are nit picking anything

Home said, they kept taking off their mask to talk...like seriously:smh::smh::smh::smh::smile::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

I think I've already basically said it's a nitpick - it's something that bugs me about a movie I've stated that I love multiple times. Your fourteen smileys are unnecessary bruh (unless you on the Feige payroll!) We can make observations about movies in the MCU thread.

I think for the most part they took off their masks to talk during "down time"

i know there was one point in the movie where spidey took his off because he was having trouble breathing i think

when he was holding on the ship as it left the planet

for the most part though, Spideys the only one with a secret identity anyways, maybe T'Chala(?) too

I've never seen footloose. Almost makes me wanna watch it just to see how bad Star Lord's taste Is lol
It's a cheesy 80's movie. Only watched it because of the final dance scene with all the students lol

And of course, Kenny Loggins.

Yes, which makes the second fight against the rules. DQ. BP lost the first fight. Nobody was allowed to interfere. Dude got help from momma and everyone else to come back to life.

Where are yall getting these rules from?

Yes, they strip the BP of the powers from the herb.. but they don't explicitly say the must

And killmonger should be the last dude getting the benefits of these made up rules, considering how many of the traditions dude was already throwing out the window when he thought he was king

Where are you getting these rules from?

Yes, they strip the BP of the powers from the herb.. but they don't explicitly say the must

And killmonger should be the last dude getting the benefits of these made up rules, considering how many of the traditions dude was already throwing out the window when he thought he was king
Ahhh nobody can interfere is implied. Otherwise the ceremony would be a royal rumble. Cmon man

I'm amazed at the back and forth. T'Challa didn't die or yield, so the challenge was still technically on. Zuri interfered and died, paying for his role in Oakland. At the end of the day, this is a tale of paying for the sins of your father. Killmonger was created because of T'Chaka and it was up to to T'Challa to correct that mistake.

Killmonger would have been a terrible king and probably would had a coup on his hands if his plans went far enough. He had to go.

Black Panther: Was Killmonger The Rightful King of Wakanda?

In Black Panther‘s game of thrones between T’Challa and Erik Killmonger, was Killmonger the rightful king of Wakanda? Killmonger threw the hidden African nation into temporary chaos when he arrived in the country of his heritage and laid claim to the crown. Also known as N’Jadaka, Erik’s father was Prince N’Jobu, the younger brother of the late King T’Chaka, the father of T’Challa. So even though Killmonger is American by birth, as a royal blood relative, he had the right to challenge T’Challa to ritual combat according to Wakandan law.

From what little the film told the audience of how ritual combat works, the rules are simple: two men enter the waterfall arena and fight until one man either submits or dies. T’Challa had to drink the Heart-Shaped Herb to surrender the powers of the Black Panther to make it a fair fight. Therefore the fight is purely a test of skill: who is the better fighter?

The answer was obviously Killmonger. The outsider absolutely dominated T’Challa in a one-sided affair that left the royal family horrified at the eventual outcome. Sure enough, after destroying T’Challa, Erik hurled him off the waterfall to his (apparent) death. This victory has led to a lot of confusion amongst fans, and the true ruler is up for debate.

Now, it can be argued that T’Challa’s poor performance was because his heart wasn’t in this fight. He really just wanted to talk to his long-lost cousin. When the fight began, T’Challa pleaded for Killmonger to lay down his arms so they can “settle this another way.” Regardless, the fight commenced and the American proved he was superior. “Nah,” Killmonger boasted to the crowd after T’Challa plummeted,”I’m your king.” By Wakandan law, he was. It was cut and dry – for the moment.

Here’s where everything gets dicey. The fight technically was not over for two reasons: T’Challa didn’t actually die and he never submitted. Therefore, once Nakia and his family revived him with the last Heart-Shaped Herb, T’Challa was within his rights to call out Killmonger and continue the ritual combat. But there’s a problem: T’Challa was now cheating.

Zuri had already interfered in the fight. The Wakandan holy man blocked Killmonger’s killing stroke with his spear. Right there, T’Challa was dishonored due to outside interference, even if he didn’t ask for it (Killmonger promptly killed Zuri like he’d been wanting to since Zuri betrayed his father back in 1992). While we don’t know the penalty for interfering in royal ritual combat, it stands to reason T’Challa lost face at this point. It’s possible he lost the right to the crown right there. Furthermore, the Jabari also interfered by keeping T’Challa alive.

However, Killmonger had malevolent intentions as King. His plans to export Vibranium weapons and create a Wakandan Empire created enemies within the royal family. They outright plotted against him to restore T’Challa. So they did, and the Black Panther returned with his full powers and all of his tech to resume his fight with his cousin, under the technicality that he never died or submitted.

However, if we are saying that everything in the final act is an extension of the original battle, there’s still an issue. Even though the fight now seemed even – Killmonger also had superpowers and his own Vibranium suit – T’Challa by this point was clearly cheating. He had outside help: he was in constant communication with Shuri, who was feeding him tactics on how to use the magnetic field of the monorail against Killmonger. T’Challa also had another advantage in that he simply had more experience than Erik using Black Panther tech and weapons. The outcome was, of course, T’Challa ultimately winning by mortally stabbing Killmonger. But the fight was no longer fair. T’Challa gamed the system.

Despite Killmonger being the villain, he approached the ritual combat fairly. He adhered to Wakandan law and fought purely on his own merits. His mistake was failing to kill T’Challa or make him submit, so the fight never really ended. Thus, Erik was never really king. Strictly speaking, however, T’Challa was never the better fighter in a fair fight.

The point is ultimately moot as T’Challa killed Killmonger. Thus, he is the king. But on the basis of who was better under the law of one-on-one ritual combat, Killmonger earned his right to the throne.

Again, implying rules

and yet we see the Dora milaje and the mountain tribe's warriors both involved to a degree in the t'challa vs mbaku fight
“To a degree” ahhh they didn’t do anything. Again it’s a 1v1 otherwise they’d go to war, which is also implied as to why they handle it that way. YES it’s fine to read between the lines. Why don’t they just shoot each other? What doesn’t BO just keep the suit on? Shuri should just voltron arm cannon kill the challengers. Cmon my man

Jane Van Dyne in the Wasp costume?

2YccvSjL_o.jpg

TKx7RCWp_o.jpg

Black Panther: Was Killmonger The Rightful King of Wakanda?

In Black Panther‘s game of thrones between T’Challa and Erik Killmonger, was Killmonger the rightful king of Wakanda? Killmonger threw the hidden African nation into temporary chaos when he arrived in the country of his heritage and laid claim to the crown. Also known as N’Jadaka, Erik’s father was Prince N’Jobu, the younger brother of the late King T’Chaka, the father of T’Challa. So even though Killmonger is American by birth, as a royal blood relative, he had the right to challenge T’Challa to ritual combat according to Wakandan law.

From what little the film told the audience of how ritual combat works, the rules are simple: two men enter the waterfall arena and fight until one man either submits or dies. T’Challa had to drink the Heart-Shaped Herb to surrender the powers of the Black Panther to make it a fair fight. Therefore the fight is purely a test of skill: who is the better fighter?

The answer was obviously Killmonger. The outsider absolutely dominated T’Challa in a one-sided affair that left the royal family horrified at the eventual outcome. Sure enough, after destroying T’Challa, Erik hurled him off the waterfall to his (apparent) death. This victory has led to a lot of confusion amongst fans, and the true ruler is up for debate.

Now, it can be argued that T’Challa’s poor performance was because his heart wasn’t in this fight. He really just wanted to talk to his long-lost cousin. When the fight began, T’Challa pleaded for Killmonger to lay down his arms so they can “settle this another way.” Regardless, the fight commenced and the American proved he was superior. “Nah,” Killmonger boasted to the crowd after T’Challa plummeted,”I’m your king.” By Wakandan law, he was. It was cut and dry – for the moment.

Here’s where everything gets dicey. The fight technically was not over for two reasons: T’Challa didn’t actually die and he never submitted. Therefore, once Nakia and his family revived him with the last Heart-Shaped Herb, T’Challa was within his rights to call out Killmonger and continue the ritual combat. But there’s a problem: T’Challa was now cheating.

Zuri had already interfered in the fight. The Wakandan holy man blocked Killmonger’s killing stroke with his spear. Right there, T’Challa was dishonored due to outside interference, even if he didn’t ask for it (Killmonger promptly killed Zuri like he’d been wanting to since Zuri betrayed his father back in 1992). While we don’t know the penalty for interfering in royal ritual combat, it stands to reason T’Challa lost face at this point. It’s possible he lost the right to the crown right there. Furthermore, the Jabari also interfered by keeping T’Challa alive.

However, Killmonger had malevolent intentions as King. His plans to export Vibranium weapons and create a Wakandan Empire created enemies within the royal family. They outright plotted against him to restore T’Challa. So they did, and the Black Panther returned with his full powers and all of his tech to resume his fight with his cousin, under the technicality that he never died or submitted.

However, if we are saying that everything in the final act is an extension of the original battle, there’s still an issue. Even though the fight now seemed even – Killmonger also had superpowers and his own Vibranium suit – T’Challa by this point was clearly cheating. He had outside help: he was in constant communication with Shuri, who was feeding him tactics on how to use the magnetic field of the monorail against Killmonger. T’Challa also had another advantage in that he simply had more experience than Erik using Black Panther tech and weapons. The outcome was, of course, T’Challa ultimately winning by mortally stabbing Killmonger. But the fight was no longer fair. T’Challa gamed the system.

Despite Killmonger being the villain, he approached the ritual combat fairly. He adhered to Wakandan law and fought purely on his own merits. His mistake was failing to kill T’Challa or make him submit, so the fight never really ended. Thus, Erik was never really king. Strictly speaking, however, T’Challa was never the better fighter in a fair fight.

The point is ultimately moot as T’Challa killed Killmonger. Thus, he is the king. But on the basis of who was better under the law of one-on-one ritual combat, Killmonger earned his right to the throne.
Forgot about Zuri interfering in the fight

Dude probably lost his crown right there.

Smh at t'challa having so many ppl cheating on his behlaf

Back
Top Bottom