WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Yeah I'm not joining in tearing down a hard working black man in his first major role.

1618934205189.jpeg

But my only "concern" is, they've never shown Sam to have team leadership skills. So when they make ensemble movies, who's gonna really take orders from him? Ant-Man already waxed him and he's basically entry level Avenger.
I mean being Cap doesn't automatically make you the leader.

Tony threw Steve patronizing leadership roles in like every movie. He never came up with any strategy and he never really had final say. He was constantly undermined by Tony, Black Widow, and naturally Nick Fury.

Also if anybody looked in to Steve's MCU war record, they would see he led nothing. Not a unit or battalion or division. Not even a small team on a mission. All his stuff was solo or him going rogue.

Sam as Cap should do the same. Solo missions and he gets to team up with Buck.

On the Avengers he's not out ranking Captain Marvel or even Rhodey let alone leading a Dr. Strange.

The fact that this thread still calls him Clarence shows how much respect he has out here:lol:
No, that’s only one individual doing that as a result of some weird fetish he has with Captain America and his close associates.

He’s also in Synchronic, which is currently on Netflix and a movie I’m assuming most in here would find decent/entertaining.

Speaking of black men in positions of authority, why isn’t Rhodey leading the Avengers? It’s either:

A) he’s too busy working with the US military
B) not in the greatest state because of his physical condition/age
C) he just doesn’t want to

Speaking of black men in positions of authority, why isn’t Rhodey leading the Avengers? It’s either:

A. Rhodey is still in that government leash. Making him the leader is pretty much joining the military.

Also if anybody looked in to Steve's MCU war record, they would see he led nothing. Not a unit or battalion or division. Not even a small team on a mission. All his stuff was solo or him going rogue.

Didn't he lead many of the little missions to take out the Hydra outposts after he freed Bucky and the Howling Commandos? He saw the map of their outposts when freeing them and then they organized attacks. It's been a while since I watched TFA.

rhodey has to be the highest ranked of the military people

seemed like t’challa would have been a natural choice for leadership

but I assume it goes to strange.. gotta see what happens with armor wars

i assume certain guys will have a voice, like banner is still around and rhodey will talk as will sam.. then gotta see what they do with fury

A. Rhodey is still in that government leash. Making him the leader is pretty much joining the military.

Who gives the Avengers jurisdiction to do what they do in the first place? I figured it was an international agreement settled by a bunch of nations. They seem pretty chummy with the US military already or at least that’s how I’ve seen it.

Didn't he lead many of the little missions to take out the Hydra outposts after he freed Bucky and the Howling Commandos? He saw the map of their outposts when freeing them and then they organized attacks. It's been a while since I watched TFA.

I think he means cap was still answering to people at that point, to some degree

seems only time we really really saw cap in charge was start of civil war until that mission goes south.. and then endgame once antman shows up

Its the first two. As recent as Infinity War, Rhodey after being injured still worked for the US military. We saw in IM2 he isn't some free agent. He works and promotes for them. In AoU he's telling stories about his missions.

As far as Avengers, it simply was never his thing. It was Shield, and then Steve deaded that and it became a Tony funded thing letting Steve play cowboy.

It'll be cool if they mirror the comics more where we get an Avengers team privately ran while the US or UN realize they need an Avengers team they can control.

Cuz then we get an independent Avengers/New Avengers while the gov. does Mighty Avengers, Dark Avengers, Secret Avengers, and Ultimates. Maybe even the Squadron Supreme.

Should be no surprise or spoiler that gov. sponsored Avengers never work out in the long run.

Last edited:
Who gives the Avengers jurisdiction to do what they do in the first place? I figured it was an international agreement settled by a bunch of nations. They seem pretty chummy with the US military already or at least that’s how I’ve seen it.
At first, no one. That was the point of the Accords. I guess it’s going to be SWORD now.
I think he’s one of the keys to holding the government back from just killing off the avengers
Oh definitely! Rhodey low key a secret Avenger.

Those were not missions.

The gov. was gonna let those guys be pows. Steve disregarded orders, went rogue, and freed them. Then as a group they attacked some Hydra outposts to get to Red Skull. The whole train scene happened and the rest of them guys joined back with their ranks. None of it were sanctioned by the U.S. I'm not even sure those guys were officially called the Howling Commandos (those were some kf the members though) given Fury wasn't even present.

You sure those were off the books missions? During the montage of taking the Hydra weapons bases out, the kept flashing/panning to their war room where Peggy and multiple other military ppl were taking taking those outpost off the map once taken. Peggy was technically Cap's superior.

You sure those were off the books missions? During the montage of taking the Hydra weapons bases out, the kept flashing/panning to their war room where Peggy and multiple other military ppl were taking taking those outpost off the map once taken. Peggy was technically Cap's superior.
Last I recall none of those missions were sanctioned.

I haven't watched First Avenger beginning to end in a long time though.

But they montaged the actual war parts of what could've been a great war movie.

Last edited:

Interesting.

I know she mentioned in random interviews how recruitment for other roles post GOT have always had centered around whether she would do nude scenes or be open to doing more nudity & I know she was tired of that, so seeing this makes sense.

I expect her to make Marvel/Disney a long time home for her since she can avoid that discussion permanently.

PO

Back
Top Bottom