WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I wonder if Marvel plans on killing off and replacing T'Challa in the Ultimate universe(comics) just so the MCU can make a move. Kinda seems like the happiest median. You don’t have to recast T’Challa, the BP story continues and we still got classic T’Challa.
Most likely not.

Also ultimate comics aint a thing anymore.

Black Panther has never had a steady ongoing comic to go through the motions of dying and being replaced for awhile while just about everybody else has except for Spider-Man.

I think Strange definitely has a choice whether to lead or not. Being Sorcerer Supreme gives him a greater responsibility than the issues the Avengers will have in the future.

But for the sake of the MCU, I do believe Cumberbatch will be a focal point in this current phase.

Wouldn't have mind if T'Challa was the lead though.

I mean i could easily see strange showing up in other characters‘ individual movies while also being a big player in avengers

or if not strange Wong or someone else from his world

I mean, technically, being the Sorcerer Supreme(my phone TOTALLY knows what I’m talking about right now. I typed SOR, “sorcerer” and “supreme” came up in auto text. :lol: ) IS being a leader, much like being a surgeon. He pretty much lead the plan to defeat Thanos. He just left out the part about Tony dying:

Based on the comics, Dr. Strange isn't a leader. He does everything solo. At best he forms small teams or occasionally directs a team.

In the majority of his history he hasn't had a long tenure on any Marvel team except for the two he has formed.

Haven't been in the comics in years; just how hard is Marvel Comics pushing to retcon their storylines/characters with the MCU's depictions? Is that a thing?
They have their whole synergy angle they were pushing hard after Avengers and up to like AoU. Making Tony look like RDJR, make Loki look like Hiddleston, giving the twins their original origin where they're not mutants anymore, tried to push Inhumans before the movie, but then they stopped for the most part.

The biggest retcon they did was giving Nick Fury a black son that looks exactly like a young SamJack :lol:

Haven't been in the comics in years; just how hard is Marvel Comics pushing to retcon their storylines/characters with the MCU's depictions? Is that a thing?

Not that it matters anymore since Marvel own all the rights now (aside from Spider-Man) but I remember a few years ago they made concerted efforts to not push the Fantastic Four or X-Men in their storylines for a while. Was pretty funny actually.

I mean, technically, being the Sorcerer Supreme(my phone TOTALLY knows what I’m talking about right now. I typed SOR, “sorcerer” and “supreme” came up in auto text. :lol: ) IS being a leader, much like being a surgeon. He pretty much lead the plan to defeat Thanos. He just left out the part about Tony dying:

i mean know dude leads a global decent sized organization and we saw a bunch of sorcerers show up in end game for the final battle

Not that it matters anymore since Marvel own all the rights now (aside from Spider-Man) but I remember a few years ago they made concerted efforts to not push the Fantastic Four or X-Men in their storylines for a while. Was pretty funny actually.
That was the conspiracy that was pushed by rabid fans and actions by a salty Ike Perlmutter.

The F4 book doesn't sell well and was stale for like a decade so they cancelled it for a while. Despite some great stories that were told it still didn't sell well.

X-Men always had multiple books cuz it sold well. X-fans, some of the most toxic out there just hated the stories and decisions made. They were always paranoid that they Marvel was going to make mutants Inhumans or push them in to their own universe. The X-Men have always been largely separate from the X-Men story wise and it was during this time where they were supposedly suppose to be getting suppressed they were more involved in Marvel events than ever.

Well, whether it was a conspiracy or not, writers/artists were given strict orders not to depict any of the F4 or X-Men. None of them appeared on the cover of the 75th Marvel Anniversary cover, for example.

16B0DE7A-15E0-487F-BAE3-8D38E467D4F4.jpeg

I find it hard to believe that they had room for Iron Fist and Nova but couldn’t fit Wolverine :lol:

They were removed from posters, t-shirts, and even statues of them were cancelled mid-sculpt.

A0D6D315-D1E7-4E53-9150-ACC36A69F375.jpeg

Here’s a shirt with the Fox property characters removed. It’s crazy

Jonathan Hickman, F4 writer finally opened up and said

“I think it's pretty common knowledge at this point that Marvel isn't publishing Fantastic Four because of their disagreement with Fox… […] We knew a year or so out that the Fantastic Four as a property wasn't going to be published at Marvel past 2015.”

And this is with F4 books outselling titles like Wolverine and Daredevil

Well, thats one thing about the MCU.
They don't follow the comics 100%, so you never know what might happen.

I remember reading that speculation of CM, BP, Strange & SP being the focal points of Phase 4 too.

PO

Well, whether it was a conspiracy or not, writers/artists were given strict orders not to depict any of the F4 or X-Men. None of them appeared on the cover of the 75th Marvel Anniversary cover, for example.

16B0DE7A-15E0-487F-BAE3-8D38E467D4F4.jpeg

I find it hard to believe that they had room for Iron Fist and Nova but couldn’t fit Wolverine :lol:
Yeah, this was a part of the big conspiracy stuff.

As if promoting the up you do own is an agenda against the ip they do own :lol: Its common sense business. Everybody on that poster had a Marvel movie or show.

They were removed from posters, t-shirts, and even statues of them were cancelled mid-sculpt.

A0D6D315-D1E7-4E53-9150-ACC36A69F375.jpeg

Here’s a shirt with the Fox property characters removed. It’s crazy

Jonathan Hickman, F4 writer finally opened up and said

“I think it's pretty common knowledge at this point that Marvel isn't publishing Fantastic Four because of their disagreement with Fox… […] We knew a year or so out that the Fantastic Four as a property wasn't going to be published at Marvel past 2015.”

And this is with F4 books outselling titles like Wolverine and Daredevil
Yeah, like I said Ike Perlmutter. Thats all merch.

With the comics, again, this is what has happened with a lot of Marvel properties. They put Thor's solo to rest for over a year. It wasn't an agenda against Thor and yes Thor books were selling more than Daredevil or whoever else you'd like to bring up. Its not uncommon.

The only corporate owned comic superheroes that have never been discontinued have been Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man.

Hickman just a freelance employee and isn't necessarily more in the know as of the why a book gets cancelled cuz then he would've said what he was told.

There was speculation of that. It's not debatable. There was also speculation T'Challa would be too. Especially since he has the actual money to back the Avengers.

Probably would've been the pairing of BP and the doctor mirroring Cap and IM with Captain Marvel as the Thor.

I don’t disagree, as that may have been speculated. However, I didn’t see that scenerio speculated as I’ve seen T’Challa, especially since around the time of Infinity War’s release he was elected leader of the New Avengers in the comics. Then after Boseman passed there were many articles with quotes from within Marvel/Disney leadership that stated T’Challa was supposed to take over.

Outside of fandom, I didn’t really hear about the being the case for Strange. Again, I don’t disagree. It’s just I didn’t really see it speculated outside of fan theory.

That was the conspiracy that was pushed by rabid fans and actions by a salty Ike Perlmutter.

The F4 book doesn't sell well and was stale for like a decade so they cancelled it for a while. Despite some great stories that were told it still didn't sell well.

X-Men always had multiple books cuz it sold well. X-fans, some of the most toxic out there just hated the stories and decisions made. They were always paranoid that they Marvel was going to make mutants Inhumans or push them in to their own universe. The X-Men have always been largely separate from the X-Men story wise and it was during this time where they were supposedly suppose to be getting suppressed they were more involved in Marvel events than ever.
I honestly just think F4 books aren't really a sellable title these days. Hickman had a run years ago and was really good, but didn't really catch the mass' attention.

Slott I think is currently writing F4 and it's been a slow burn.

It's only in the U.S.

Like the Netflix deal, the Disney pact only covers the U.S. market, despite the global reach of the streamers. The complex agreement is likely to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars to Sony over the term of the deal, which runs about six years in total given the lag time for Disney getting access to the movies.

Huge news breaking:

they shoulda had spiderverse in them pictures cause that’s the one I care about the most

I mean only spidey movies I actually rewatching is MCU and that

but I throw spiderverse on like a handful of stuff when I just want to throw something on

Spiderman 2 is still the best Spidey flick.

4th

if I’m going watch a raimi movie, ill just go watch the Evil deads, army of darkness or darkman

while I’m glad we got those 2 spiderman movies, I’ve never really been a fan of tobey maguire.. also wasn’t a fan of kirsten dunst

id rather see William dafoe and/or thomas Haden church again.. jk simmons already being back

Those licensing deals. When Disney buying Sony to unite the universe...?

Best Sony Spider-Man movie was Into the Spiderverse.

Back
Top Bottom