WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

31FF4414-AA97-44C8-B8FE-D33CFD1FF414.jpeg

Sony might as well stop being big headed and just sell Marvel their **** back. Now that I think about it, Disney probably flat out refuses to buy the rights back. “Nah **** that! Now you’re going to pay US to use your ****!” :lol:
They making forever money and marvel is doing all the work. They’ll never give that up

Yeah, they’re going to ride this gravy train till the wheels fall off. And who would blame em? Ghost Busters is probably going to make a quarter of whatever Spidey movie Marvel cooks up

They making forever money and marvel is doing all the work. They’ll never give that up
I don’t think this is working out for Sony like people think it is. Yea it’s “forever money” but Disney has their hands in it every time. Disney/Marvel don’t need Sony, but Sony needs D/M. Marvel is doing Sony a favor. They can drop a new SM movie right now, as soon as people find out it’s not MCU related, it’s dead in the water. Trying to hold Marvel’s IP hostage has blown up in their face.

“Venom” made $850 milli and that had no overt connection to the MCU. It’s really that movie’s fault for giving Sony this big **** energy all of a sudden imo :lol:

I don’t think this is working out for Sony like people think it is. Yea it’s “forever money” but Disney has their hands in it every time. Disney/Marvel don’t need Sony, but Sony needs D/M. Marvel is doing Sony a favor. They can drop a new SM movie right now, as soon as people find out it’s not MCU related, it’s dead in the water. Trying to hold Marvel’s IP hostage has blown up in their face.
So what? Lol. They’re in the money making business. Marvel is making them money while also giving shine to the crap they might come out with by association alone. Win win... win

“Venom” made $850 milli and that had no overt connection to the MCU. It’s really that movie’s fault for giving Sony this big **** energy all of a sudden imo :lol:
On the strength of the MCU. WE know it’s not related, but not the average Joe.
So what? Lol. They’re in the money making business. Marvel is making them money while also giving shine to the crap they might come out with by association alone. Win win... win
Most want to make all of their money. “I need ALL mines.”

Most want to make all of their money. “I need ALL mines.”
I get that, but Sony won’t make nearly as much on their own. They can have ALL of a little or SOME from a lot without having to do the work plus being able to be with other properties. Not even up for debate here

I don’t remember how it was marketed but i don’t think its connection (or lack of) to the MCU played much a factor for the average Joe flocking to go see it. There was no mention or allusions to Spider-Man (MCU or otherwise) either but the movie still did gangbusters.

Bottom line is, Sony has all the leverage here. People can clown them but at the end of the day, they’re making money for half the work.

I do remember people thinking there might be a spidey cameo. Don’t know if that bumped the numbers or not.

Maybe initially. But after the first week or two, you’d think numbers would dip since there was no connection to Spider-Man whatsoever. The movie jus kept raking it in though which is nuts. I remember at the time, even most predictors/analysts were surprised how much it ended up with.

The movie jus kept raking it in though which is nuts. I remember at the time, even most predictors/analysts were surprised how much it ended up with.

Yup. The movie did $214 million here, while it did $640 million internationally. Attempting to figure out the source of the ticket purchase, would make for good research project one day for students.

I don't think ANYONE expected it to make anywhere close to a billion dollars.
I know Sony was shook. :lol:

PO

I don't think ANYONE expected it to make anywhere close to a billion dollars.
I know Sony was shook. :lol:

PO

That’s what I’m trying to say. That success definitely gave Sony that “Mother EFF Marvel! Look what we did!” I feel like if “Venom” bombed, they would have been a lot more receptive to what Marvel had to say. But they were definitely on their Dave Chappelle “I’m rich, *****hh!”

I’m curious to see if Venom 2 even comes close to the first movie’s gross.

That’s what I’m trying to say. That success definitely gave Sony that “Mother EFF Marvel! Look what we did!” I feel like if “Venom” bombed, they would have been a lot more receptive to what Marvel had to say. But they were definitely on their Dave Chappelle “I’m rich, *****hh!”

Maybe, everyone loves carnage

I don’t remember how it was marketed but i don’t think its connection (or lack of) to the MCU played much a factor for the average Joe flocking to go see it. There was no mention or allusions to Spider-Man (MCU or otherwise) either but the movie still did gangbusters.

Bottom line is, Sony has all the leverage here. People can clown them but at the end of the day, they’re making money for half the work.
Leverage??? The only leverage Sony has is the fact that they’ll probably **** it up. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 did 773 milli.

F17A0617-3CBE-4C7C-BA50-92F4838B2D0C.gif

Exactly Korath!

They made 22 BILLION off Marvel without even breathing the words “X-Men” or “Wolverine”.Once the MCU got rolling, they could’ve dropped a Howard the Duck movie and it would’ve put up numbers. Sony ain’t got no damn leverage. :lol:

Not to mention the only thing Sony gets is the movie money.

They gave rights to merch and a whole bunch of other **** a while ago.

That's why I wonder whats going on in Japan. They just letting the American branch do w/e with the movie studio.

That already wasnt going to happen cuz of covid.

The highest box office projections for this year aren't even 1/3 of what they usually are and some aint even as big as the budgets of some movies :lol:

Back
Top Bottom