WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Black Widow’s film success will heavily depend on how it’s marketed. I think the film will do very well. I also think it will make more than Captain Marvel. Scarlett can do numbers.

Black Widow’s film success will heavily depend on how it’s marketed. I think the film will do very well. I also think it will make more than Captain Marvel. Scarlett can do numbers.

You see 'Ghost in the Shell'? Definitely would be a risk and shouldn't do better than Captain Marvel, who's character is actually supposed to have higher importance.

You see 'Ghost in the Shell'? Definitely would be a risk and shouldn't do better than Captain Marvel, who's character is actually supposed to have higher importance.

Black widow would be more like Lucy than Ghost in a Shell. The budget doesn’t even have to be 100 mil. Regardless of the importance Captain Marvel is given, her character is unfamiliar to audiences. As of right now we have had 8 years and 6 appearances and one cameo with Black Widow. Next year makes 9 years and 7 appearances. We get introduced to Captain Marvel for the first time next year.

Ghost in a Shell was going to be hard to pull off either way and they did a "white-face" that many saw as controversial and in the state we are in, that was enough to pretty much kill any box office run it could have had

BW movie will stay away from all of that

I watched Ghost In A Shell recently and really liked it. scarlet doesn't have box office power but you don't need it for a marvel movie.

I’m sure Sam Jackson will be in the film and maybe Cobie Smulders to add to the connectivity. Really hoping it isn’t a prequel however.

It's asinine it took them this long to have a female lead superhero film......
Given comics and Marvel specifically weak history of ongoing comics for female superheroes, I'm not surprised it took them this long.

They had to manufacture Captain Marvel. Of the heroes they own, the MCU would've had to do similar to any other options.

t5aihhge6qw11.jpg

Some great arcs in the MCU, especially Thor. However, this is still the greatest of them all.

The MCU has really been his overarching story along with the journey to thanos

Makes sense why thanos would give him the nod during their battle

Goat story arc is Cap for me man. My thoughts are since they focused on Thor and partially Tony during Infinity War, they finish up with Tony and Steve during A4.

Rewatched all Cap movies twice this past week and he’s a lot of the connective tissue in this universe. Evans managed to take a character that I hate in the comics and turn him into my favorite in the movie universe. His death is gonna hurt.

Goat story arc is Cap for me man. My thoughts are since they focused on Thor and partially Tony during Infinity War, they finish up with Tony and Steve during A4.

Rewatched all Cap movies twice this past week and he’s a lot of the connective tissue in this universe. Evans managed to take a character that I hate in the comics and turn him into my favorite in the movie universe. His death is gonna hurt.

Obviously it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.. but I'm just curious why??

To me, cap's story is basically him coming to terms with certain realities of the world.. but he was always willing to sorta bend rules when it was convenient from jump.. but he was naive to certain things and A1 was really really his awakening of sorts (allow his first exposure to real war in first avenger showed glimpses when dudes ask to see the girls when he shows up on stage).. but I think he still has issues with really realizing their are consequences for his actions

Which was basically Tony's growth through IM1

Ghost in the Shell is an awful reference point for Scarlet/Widow when her film before that LUCY would be tonally closer (for the most part) did numbers.

Obviously it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.. but I'm just curious why??

To me, cap's story is basically him coming to terms with certain realities of the world.. but he was always willing to sorta bend rules when it was convenient from jump.. but he was naive to certain things and A1 was really really his awakening of sorts (allow his first exposure to real war in first avenger showed glimpses when dudes ask to see the girls when he shows up on stage).. but I think he still has issues with really realizing their are consequences for his actions

Which was basically Tony's growth through IM1

For me, Cap is the most grounded of all the heroes and I really appreciate that in the sense that he's obviously a character in a universe with aliens, gods and all sorts of wackiness. I just love the connections that all of his movies have brough with the introduction to hydra, the infinity stones, shield/it's eventual collapse and winter soldier, vibranium, Howard Stark and the Accords. His movies feel like a lot of the mesh holding together the lore of the universe. I

As for him as a character to see him go from the guy who wants to serve his country at any cost during TFA, to the guy who's willing to burn it all down in TWS, to the guy thats willing to stand up for what's best for the world in CW. IDK. I just have a lot of harbored praise for him during his trilogy. I don't think any of the Avengers movies have really done much for him outside of A1 but I'm hoping they rectify that in A4. Would've loved to seen him in Black Panther or Ant-Man and the Wasp as his time during Nomad.

What story arc did Steve Rogers really have?

Like his origin was where changes happened and after that he's remained the same stubborn not all thoughtful hero that has his heart in the right place but doesn't think things through. Dude didn't learn anything from Avengers to TWS to AoU. Just to be more reactive and negative to things he doesn't fully understand. Its exemplified in CW.

lucy did well? I had no idea. she also did that really weird alien movie.
Yup that was the same year that justified her being the most paid female actress in Hollywood and kinda put her in the light of a big box office earner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom