WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

because

1699552285330.png

Yea Im off tomorrow, Ill probably smoke one and catch an early screening. The theater is right across the street. Idk why Ive never thought of this before. :lol:

marvels moved up to fresh on rotten tomatoes at 62%. We'll see where it goes from there.

I just finished watching The Marvels.

It thought it was alright. Not great, but not terrible either.

The best moments are when the film isn't taking itself too seriously.

It's short and gets to the point. (1:33 w/o credits)

A guy sitting two seats over was enjoying the film a little too much. :lol:

It's more of a Ms. Marvel than it is a Captain Marvel film. Kamala Khan's parents and brother have much more screen time than you think.

The three leads have pretty good chemistry between them.

Iman Vellani was great playing the fish-out-of-water character. She shockingly carries the film.

Brie Larson is so much better in The Marvels than she was in the first film, but she's still the least interesting character.

That scene with the cats. :rofl:

The call back to Iron Man. :lol: You'll know when you see it.

The mid-credits scene was where it was at. :pimp:

I’ll probably plink money down the week of Thanksgiving with my daughter. But I never watched Ms Marvel and didn’t see Capt Marvel until after End Game maybe.

Now Loki I’m all IN.

I wish they’d let Mark Ruffalo get the bag. One a World War or Planet Hulk like movie. And a nice psyche thriller. Hulk despite being smash, etc is a very versatile character.

I’ll give it another week before I think about getting a ticket to see it. Might give me time to catch up on Ms Marvel and see how the reviews shake out

It was definitely better than Thor Love and Thunder, Quantumania, more fun than Doctor Strange.

It wasnt bad, it was good.

Top tier? No. But I enjoyed it.

Last last scene was great and post credit will have all of us excited for the future.

movie was overall good and fun, benefitted from being short but also at a cost of a throwaway villain but what else is new?

it does feel more like an anthology episode than a full blown movie but its enjoyable though some jokes fell here and there

end credit was the goods too

better than L&T by miles

I’ll never understand why some folks get so into praying for the downfall of marvel… At the end of the day they are super hero movies. The goal isn’t critical acclaim. It’s to get kids in seats and sell them toys and merch.
With that said…

The Marvels was fun and me and my nephews enjoyed it. Would recommend everyone to do the same

there are only one or two people who wants studios to fail but most dont

yall confuse criticism to wanting MCUs downfall and make up all these excuses why they arent as good

first of all, marvel has set a standard and theyre hitting below that lately, its kind of a good problem to have but the issues are reflected in the box office and numerous reports about the problems the studios have been having

like why does it get a pass for being a “superhero movie” and people cant say it sucks? is venom and fan4stic and x3, etc… given the same pass?

just judge it for yourself

ive read the reviews and the dumb toxic nerds online but i go in there, judge it myself and enjoyed and thats that

if i didnt enjoy, like L&T well then a discussion forum about marvel will hear about it too

doesnt mean i want them to fail

i spent close to $30 on one ticket, close to $50-$60 after a meal and yall think id jist be happy wasting money on a crappy film just so the studios fail?

i want everyone to succeed because the more content we have, the better competition out there is then the better films/shows we’ll have

maybe dc’s terrible streak has gotten marvel to sit on their laurels and knowing they can unleash xmen/f4 and be on top again is now catching up to them? i dont know but a lot of the complaints have been valid (with a few exceptions of course)

Was meh about it but might catch Marvels next week at a matinee or something.

Gonna try and watch Ms. Marvel before.

Back
Top Bottom