WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Like look at Agatha, its just about a charismatic Evil Witch who is power hungry.

And its all based on witchraft.

BTW, she is the epitomy of a C+/D level character, no disrespect, but thats her status in Marvel.

Like thats it.

Yet....

I cant wait to watch it. Other than Deadpool this is the only MCU/D+ thing im really excited for 2024.

And if there is some sort of lesson, or message in it, fine, at least it came organically and wasnt the sell point of the show.

The crazy thing is, they can do all their socio political agenda stuff without it getting hate if they just put the story first.

But they dont put the story first.
Yup, they should have learned by now why Ellen Ripley has become one of the most iconic or the iconic heroine herself in movies. It's the story and how that character fit in that story without the b.s.

If they can make Iron Man and Tony Stark, put out Thor Ragnarok, make Winter Soldier a great spy movie, and Black Panther a cultural phenomenon, they can get back to making good, character driven stories.

They just shoveling anything out and expecting us to accept it. Nothing wrong with diversity. Shang-Chi was a half way great movie (great until they went to the mystic land). All they have to do is apply that Pixar/boutique like approach to the movies. We have high expectations of Disney.

Is Marvel actually considered a wing of Disney, like Pixar or is it just owned by Disney like ESPN or ABC?

Is Marvel actually considered a wing of Disney, like Pixar or is it just owned by Disney like ESPN or ABC?
I would like to think it's an actual wing, if they refer to it as Marvel Studios. But I could be wrong.

The Walt Disney Company has owned Marvel since the end of 2009. But earlier this year they absorbed Marvel Entertainment into their other business units.

Marvel Studios is a subsidiary of Walt Disney Studios.

The Walt Disney Company has owned Marvel since the end of 2009. But earlier this year they absorbed Marvel Entertainment into their other business units.

Marvel Studios is a subsidiary of Walt Disney Studios.
the only problem with that sole ownership is that the "hired" Disney writers can do whatever they want with the characters. especially now that Stan Lee is gone, any b.s. plot that they can come up with will certainly always get the go signal. not sure if Disney had sole control over DeadPool but I doubt it since the Marvel X-Men universe is still under 20th Century Studios and Spiderman is under Sony. from what I've noticed so far, most Marvel movies out of the hands of Disney have better writing and direction.

Like Venom, Kraven, Morbious, or X-Men Apocalypse?

I do agree the writing could be better...like a Pixar movie. But villains like a Disney movie. But the action of an Avatar movie. Disney literally has this pedigree. And it's required for comic book schlock.

Most certainly have not had better writing than Marvel Studios lol. Don’t let two Deadpool movies basically fool you otherwise.

I also don’t know what Stan Lee’s passing has to do with their scripts. His only actual capacity on the films were his cameos.

the only problem with that sole ownership is that the "hired" Disney writers can do whatever they want with the characters. especially now that Stan Lee is gone, any b.s. plot that they can come up with will certainly always get the go signal. not sure if Disney had sole control over DeadPool but I doubt it since the Marvel X-Men universe is still under 20th Century Studios and Spiderman is under Sony. from what I've noticed so far, most Marvel movies out of the hands of Disney have better writing and direction.

Youre in here all day and you didnt know that Deadpool and all other X-men related characters reverted back to Marvel Studios/Disney?

giphy.gif

If they can make Iron Man and Tony Stark, put out Thor Ragnarok, make Winter Soldier a great spy movie, and Black Panther a cultural phenomenon, they can get back to making good, character driven stories.

I don't know, I think lightning only strikes the same place ONCE

That was the FIRST TIME these properties were seen ON SCREEN....that can never be replicated again.....look at how many superman and batman flicks there are now....some are good, some not so much....but NONE will ever have the same impact as THE FIRST

I personally see the properties getting diluted over time, and the studios constantly having the reboot or shake them up just like batman and superman.....all the while force feeding us mediocre B and C level properties in between.

It is what it is, I feel privileged to have experienced the inaugural run up to endgame.....similar to our parents getting to see the first STAR WARS trilogy.

I'm at peace. It was awesome, but I no longer expect much from the MCU

It's tailored for the younger kids now and that's fine.

Marvel Studios Rumored To Be Considering Multi-Season TV Shows For GHOST RIDER, PUNISHER, X-MEN, And More

A new "Marvel Spotlight" banner is expected to be the home for largely standalone projects such as Echo, while we've heard the idea is for showrunners to be hired to take charge of these small screen stories in the same manner as a traditional TV series.

Previously, Marvel Studios had been making them like movies and trying to fix what didn't work in post-production, a costly and complicated approach.

This will likely mean we'll see multi-season TV shows about specific characters rather than largely random stories about superheroes who are introduced and then fade back into the background ('member Moon Knight?).

According to scooper Daniel Richtman, Marvel Studios is considering a number of different characters for these new-style shows, including The Punisher, Ghost Rider, Alpha Flight, The Runaways, Jessica Jones, and select members of the X-Men.

The Punisher and Jessica Jones have already starred in Netflix series, so putting them under the "Marvel Spotlight" banner with a TV-MA rating would make perfect sense.

As for Ghost Rider, fans have been demanding to see the Spirit of Vengeance in the MCU for years now, especially after Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Runaways is a little more surprising seeing as they had a three-season run on Hulu and we'd bet on the team being rebooted.

As for Alpha Flight, putting the spotlight on that Canadian team of superheroes - which is closely tied to Wolverine - would be a smart way to take advantage of the many characters Marvel Studios acquired in the Disney/Fox merger.

That also applies to those unspecified X-Men, of course.

They can easily do a Disney + series of the X-Men make it about 12 episodes, each episode focus on a specific character then bring in the movie. You know the character back story, grow to like the character like how we did in avengers. Even set up a big bad like Mr Sinister or someone like Master Mold with the sentinels

Back
Top Bottom