WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Suicide squad has a 90% rating on RT. Plenty people know and care

No, not enough, not plenty. If that were the case, it would have made more money and not been a flop at the box office.

I am sure they would prefer a 800 million dollar plus box office over a RT rating.

The two Marvel things I watched prior to Spiderman NWH were Shang Chi and Eternals. Really liked Shang Chi, Eternals sucked. I don't have a huge background in everything from the comics, but it feels like it wouldn't have made a difference.

No, not enough, not plenty. If that were the case, it would have made more money and not been a flop at the box office.

I am sure they would prefer a 800 million dollar plus box office over a RT rating.
1. It was released last year when Theatres were barely opening.
2. Was a sequel to a garbage original
3. It was rated R
4. Premiered on HBO Max

The release of this film had problems other than "but its DC, so no one knows or cares." . The people who saw it loved it. Critics and fans alike.

Last edited:

You're ignoring a ton of factors that played into box office numbers :lol:

Eternals wasn't even that bad. That's going to be Feige's vehicle that will expand the MCU farther.

While I never care to watch the movie again, it was easy to get into it and enjoyed it for what it was.

But yeah, I'm sure it's all to tie into something later on. If anything, Feige just printed money casting Harry Styles judging by how he melted all these chicks in theaters. I'm sure his name being billed would draw huge money in whatever movie he'll be in next:lol:

Eternals was just okay. Acting was very stiff from most of them

If anything, it shows the difficulties of group superhero movies. There was a good story in there. Just too many characters. Should've trimmed the group down to like 4 or so main characters for more development and to tighten the plot.

it released on HBO Max and during the height of the pandemic comeback, most that released on HBO Max kind of had bad box office

On first watch I enjoyed Eternals more than Shang-Chi. Likely because of how much they changed from the comics for Shang-Chi, Zheng Zu, the Five Weapons, Shi-Hua, and the rings. Felt like the whole thing could have been done without the rings and they were shoehorned in for connectivity to previous films. Having accepted the changes my second watch was better.

Haven’t watched Eternals for a second time but I thoroughly enjoyed my first watch, having next to no knowledge of Eternals comics.

Eternals would’ve benefited if it was a Disney plus series. Due to the amount of stories they were trying to yield within 3 hours just wasn’t enough. We’d need 8-10 one hr episodes to flesh out the plot. However it was a star studded event so I’m not sure if those stars would’ve signed on to a streaming series.

This is a thing?

Just saw this, they found a way to make ASM2 worse somehow.

Think of it, there's a demonstrably worse version with that deleted scene.

The dad who had to fake his death to protect his family (while the mom actually dies) is giving the great power, great responsibility mantra? :rolleyes

Last edited:
Finally seeing Spider-Man dammit!!!
20220105_163904~2.jpg

Edit: It turned out great, I haven't felt that hyped since the first Transformers. Gotta rewatch it when it releases.

Last edited:
I think Eternals is going to lead in a big collab movie... The Earth now has to prove itself... maybe it'll have to prove itself in battle?

Could this lead to a Secret Wars like movie where they're sent to battle world to represent Earth?

Or even have a save your universe type battle like they did in Dragonball Super?

Back
Top Bottom