We've got a live one: LeBron admits to smoking pot in younger days

Note to self, do not turn on TV or go to any sports website for the next week....

James admits pot use in book

CLEVELAND -- LeBron James struggled with sudden fameafter appearing on Sports Illustrated's cover as a 17-year-old and admits he smoked marijuana during his junior year in high school.

1966.jpg

James

Those are two of the revelations in a book chronicling James' rise from Ohio hoops prodigy to NBA superstar.

In "Shooting Stars," written by James and co-author Buzz Bissinger, James said the SI cover and the media attention he and his high schoolteammates received was difficult to handle.

"We had become big-headed jerks, me in particular," James said, "and we are to blame for that, but so are adults who treated us that way andthen sat back and smugly watched the self-destruction."

James also revealed he and his teammates smoked marijuana one night after getting access to a hotel room in Akron.

He did what MOST (not all) teenagers do....

if he was still smoking now, then it's a story....this was 7-8 years ago. No biggie.

He never quit.... At least from what Ive heard..

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

He did what MOST (not all) teenagers do....

if he was still smoking now, then it's a story....this was 7-8 years ago. No biggie.

This...

i posted this in the LeBron dunk thread, I'm glad you read it!

I didn't want to be the one to make it a new thread but I knew within a few minutes someone would. Thanks for doin it for me!

*Did this really deserve its own thread?*

^ I have not been in the LeBron dunk thread sorry. No hurt feelings.

T minus 24 hours until Whitlock's column.

Sports Reporters Sunday on ESPN will expand to one hour show because of this, not before Outside the Lines Sunday brings in their 5-panel guests to discusswhat this means for our heroes.

And Bissinger will be making no less than 18 appearances before August.

Bron admitted he smoked weed a few times in his high school days in an ESPN the Magazine article back when he was still in high school, so I don'tknow what all the uproar is about. I'll see if I can find the article.

It's like he doesn't give a damn about his image anymore. Hope it doesn't get worse. Ima start callin him anakin skywalker or something

Yeah, I smoked weed. When it's around family, around friends, of course you want to try it. I tried it a couple of times. But when you get on the court and your wind ain't there, that's when you've got to just stop doing it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3633811

From an ESPN the Magazine article in December 2002. The media is gonna blow something out of proportion that's been known for 6 and a half years now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mistah majestic

It's like he doesn't give a damn about his image anymore. Hope it doesn't get worse. Ima start callin him anakin skywalker or something
laugh.gif

I think you're right though. Of course, I have no idea what he's thinking, but he's probably just fed up at the moment with being annointed as arole model and having to live up to being the consumate star player who has to upstand an image.

He'll come back around. This is no big deal and will all be for naught in relatively a short period of time.

Who cares? I mean really....he's a role model to A LOT of younger kids so this was a stupid move....but this story should definitely not be blown out ofproportion.

he's still smoking, its the NBA

and who cares, didn't President Clinton admit to it and Barack Obama is photographed with a j

Back
Top Bottom