What Air Jordan did you fall in love with?

For me my sig says it all. I was in 3rd grade, alot of kids had OG wht/red 12's. I thought they were ok, but i didn't see all the fuss.
(I wasn't the biggest MJ fan at the time because he would slaughter my Kings.)
Then i go to a friends house and see Space Jam. I'll never forget the scene towards the end.
That tall alien dude's like "cool shoes!" I never recovered from what my eyes saw.
eek.gif
The "Jams"
THE REAL "Jams" though-with the concord jumpman and bottoms. But the finisher was of course the patent leather.
That was it for me.
Now, it's NT's turn!
Mods please, can this be the one that makes it to the archives?
Like ijapino says in the taboo posts section?

It's was the black/red XI it was the greatest shoe I have ever seen. Since I saw that shoe I own about 200 pair's of Air Jordans it was love at firstsite.

Originally Posted by TerrenceD

It's was the black/red XI it was the greatest shoe I have ever seen. Since I saw that shoe I own about 200 pair's of Air Jordans it was love at first site.

The Bred XI is still my favorite shoe i've never owned, its definately the one for me.

bootleg ed wrote:

Originally Posted by TerrenceD

It's was the black/red XI it was the greatest shoe I have ever seen. Since I saw that shoe I own about 200 pair's of Air Jordans it was love at first site.

The Bred XI is still my favorite shoe i've never owned, its definately the one for me.

when i was a kid, i already know MJ and the bulls and i have his nba cards, magazines, space jam action figures, etc.
laugh.gif

and the moment i saw his "Above & Beyond" video, i really fell in love w/ the 11s from the scene he is walking w/ them!
happy.gif

i noticed the "shiny" part & that made me want as a kid but instead my grandma bought me some OG black/red 12s the next year
'cause i think the 11s in my size was sold out?(i'm not sure because it was way back
tired.gif
)...

up to this day, 11s are my grails(concords, space jams or black/reds) and 2nd to that is the aj 3s
devil.gif
(all of the OG colors)
on the contrary, when i 1st saw the 1s in "Come Fly w/ Me",(i was a kid also) i was like "damn!! that is sooooo ugly!!!!"
roll.gif

but as years go by, i understood the Air Jordans & i really
devil.gif
those1s & lucky for me i have the black/red retros
pimp.gif

First Jordan's were the fire red 5's...First shoes I would not remove from my feet were the black 6's....First Jordans I needed more than anythingwas the hare 7's...But the first pair I fell in love with was the 6's, they are still my fav's today.

Fire Red and Black Met silver Vs. I wanted them sooo bad, but my cheap a%@ mom wouldn't buy them for me. Now I'm on a search for descent priced '00retro pair.

For me it would have to be the Black/Red XIII's. I liked the previous models but when I first saw these I knew at first sight they would be my favorite andstill are.

playoff 8. I remember begging for them but my mom bought me the ewings. I was soooooooo pissed, but I picked up the retros last Friday.

All Star XIs hands down! They were released back in the era when Jordan heads/Sneaker heads mainly watched the All Star game to see what shoes MJ was wearing.That shoe created so much phone traffic, school talk, and barber shop talk from that Sunday up until the shoe released. Had the internet been as popular then,it probably would have crashed from so much forum/blog traffic. That's just how much hype that created. I knew that I'd never have it that's why Ilove them so much. They're kind of my unicorn Js.

playoff 8's for me. first nike/jordan shoe i ever got and have been waiting for the retro for 15 years. can't wait till sat.
smile.gif

For me it was the Black Cement IVs. I am still trying to get them. Hopefully this colorway will be included in the IV/XIX package next year.

EL REY JR

Playoff, or, all-blacc 13s. My first pair of Jordans. End of freshman year, spring 1998. I was so new to the shoe game I had the laces pulled real tight cuz Ihad never owned a pair of basketball shoes before. (I was a Puma, Converse All Star, Nike Cortez type before the 13s). Since then it has been on like a lightswitch. I often wonder what would've happened if they had been sold out when I went to get them. Maybe I would be AirMax down or a Pennycollector...
ohwell.gif

IV's.

The creativity. The details. The overall way the shoe flowed.

And that was 1989.

Crazy to think that a large majority of the people on this message board were born AFTER these shoes came out.

I would have to say the concord XI's. It was love at first sight. Now I hate the shoe, cant stand the piss yellow soles and not being able to clean thewhite mesh upper. Its a gorgeous shoe when deadstock, but once they start ageing man they get ugly.

Back
Top Bottom