What are criteria, content that should be in a good sneaker review?

Hey guys, before i embark on writing sneaker reviews, I want to know what criteria (cushioning, traction, fit, etc.) and content (technologies? shoe history?etc.) makes a review good. What things would be must-haves? What kind of things do you want to know about the shoe? And what would you want to know about thereviewer? (Height, wage, position, etc?)

This is for my own education purposes, to improve my quality of writing.
Thanks for your input.

This is a great question, one that gets asked every now and then, and it should be repeated.

For me, these are essential:

How many games and how long the reviewer has played in the shoes. I don't want to hear someone say it's the best shoe ever after one session of ball.Hard to take that seriously.

Height, weight, and style of play of the reviewer. I also want to know if the person reviewing plays hard or is a weekend warrior.

Then for the shoe:

Traction - Indoors and Outdoors, as well as playing surfaces

Cushioning - Responsiveness, Impact protection

Comfort - Inner lining, chafing, blistering, ventilation

Fit - Does it lock the foot down?

Weight and Durability - Heavy/Light, Wears down easily, stitching rips apart

Sizing is subjective, so I'd rather see group consensus if I can't try the shoe on.

Price should be a factor. Most likely, you would have different expectations from a $160 shoe vs a $75 shoe.

The total number of visible Jumpman's on a shoe should be a critical piece of the review criteria.

The more Jumpman's = the better the shoe, right?

ahahahaha!

Back
Top Bottom