What are the dopest album intro's you've ever heard?

50 Cent GRODT lol
pimp.gif

This is has to be top 5 on anyones list. The Trap or Die intro. That was the second Young Jeezy song I ever heard after Air Forces. I honestly believe that if that intro wasnt what it was no one would have paid attention to Trap or Die or Young Jeezy. The most important intro ever IMO.

The beat was epic, and Jeezy was spitting that Vintage Jeezy that for some reason you loved even though it wasnt lyrically mind blowing. Cant forget the Ad libs, no one will ever execute ad libs like Jeezy did on this and on TM101. It was to the point where I focused on learning the adlibs more than the words on certain songs.

"You ______ out of water like soda machines, and Jeezy keep the cola like soda machines (YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH)

You aint never seem them pies (WHAT) I'm talking so much white it'll hurt your eyes (AYYYYY)

I really lived it man (DAMN RIGHT) counted so much paper it'll hurt your hands :x :pimp:

Last edited:
The Notorious B.I.G.
Ready to die

Timeline intro was on point and led into a banger for the second track which set the whole tone for a classic album. Even the last track/outro made the theme come full circle.

Dynasty intro and kingdom come intro as people have said. Blueprint intro, Intro to vol 2 is up there too, especially now knowing the story behind how bleek feel off and hov linked back up with him. Dreams and nightmares intro is tough when the beat drops and it's the best thing on that album.
:nerd: what the story behind Bleek's fall off?????

Eternal - Leaders Of The New School

Excursions - A Tribe Called Quest

More to come...

Lord Willin...no time wasted, no 10-15 seconds to let the beat build, just rapping right of the back.

Your typical classics but some randoms that I like.

Pac - All Eyez on Me. Bomb First
Cam - Crime Pays. Welcome to Purple Haze
TRU - The Beginning
Three 6 Mafia - They Bout to Find Yo Body
Pusha T - Changing of the Guards...that beat and Puffy talking **** gets me
50 Cent - Killa Tape Intro. GRODT coin drop and What Up Gangsta, probably my favorite of all time
Cassidy - The Problem vs The Hustler
Jay Z - The Dynasty Intro
Kid Cudi - In My Dreams
DMX - It's Dark and Hell is Hot intro
The Game - Scared Now
NaS - No Introduction. Queens Get the Money
Chamillionaire - The Morning News
G-Unit - Straight Outta Southside
Ruff Ryders - WW3
Eminem - Cold Wind Blows
Joe Budden - Intro (from Escape Route)
Kanye West - Dark Fantasy

Last edited:
Not the best debut you've ever heard, but the best intro to any album you've ever heard?

This Big Boi intro is definitely among the dopest of intros I've ever heard.

My dawg pretty much just said, I'm one of the best to have done it, to do it and ever do it, so if you dont know who I am, if you haven't heard of my name before by now, then this aint your kinda party.

How cold is that?

Definitely was a fan of this.

Son. I was a big fan of both intros and songs on both of his albums. Intro and then transitioning into Daddy Fat Sax. the Intro and then transitioning into The Thickets.

:wow: :x :smokin

Stillmatic Intro- Nas

Lord Willin' Intro- Clipse

We Got It For Cheap Intro- Clipse

Purple Haze Intro- Cam'Ron

The Prelude- Jay-Z

It's Dark and Hell Is Hot Intro- DMX

Bomb First (My Second Reply)- 2pac

The Chronic Intro- Dr Dre

Better off Dead- Ice Cube

Jail Skit- Slick Rick

Welcome 2 Da Bricks- Redman