What Are The Highest Paying College Degrees As Of Now Vol. Undeclared/ Racks on Racks

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Science anything if your REALLY Good at what you do.

Kids need to suck it up and just S.T.E.M it out. 
Thats what made America great.

We might not produce things as much here any more, but we damn sure have the intellectual capacity and resources to "develop" ideas.

I think biomed (right now) and mechanical engineering (in the next 4 years) is probably the safest in regards to future income.

However that doesn't answer your question. A lot of degrees can be considered the highest paying. These degrees have sort of a bell curve when it comes to graduates who make decent money. Those who succeed make bank. Yet there are many who will consistently get their foot in the door and make very little, and not necessarily because of their shortcomings but simply because of the way those specific markets operate.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

We might not produce things as much here any more, but we damn sure have the intellectual capacity and resources to "develop" ideas.

This is sickening to me. Too much potential going to waste. 
America's academic industry and corporate industry are not structured for this.

Business related degrees have possible the lowest floor, and highest ceiling...

#comeatmebro

Getting a degree based on how much money they make is a bad idea. Get your degree in something that you actually want to do all your life.

Originally Posted by ricky409

#comeatmebro

what does that mean exactly?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Getting a degree based on how much money they make is a bad idea. Get your degree in something that you actually want to do all your life.

I actually want to make money in life

Originally Posted by IamDavidRice

I actually want to make money in life
In all honesty you need to find a balance of both.  Being a doctor or lawyer makes money but it may make you miserable.  My advice from someone already working is think of an interest, find a career with those interest that can make good money and see what you need to do to get there.  Don't be surprised if once you start working you are not making the kind of money think you would be, gotta grind and earn recognition.

S.T.E.M. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...that's always gonna be where the money is now, and going forward, the world can never hav too many innovative problem solvers....and being well respected/successful in one of these fields will only benefit society as a whole 

College has a way of weeding out the "paypa chasers". They go after the $$$ making degrees, then realize there is no free lunch...meaning that the degrees that make $$$ usually take an insane amount of dedication to be successful, and usually the "paypa chasers" are more into the social aspects of college rather than academic and their paypa chasin %@*%* get washed out.

Face it...if being rich was so damn simple then a lot more people would be rich.

#comeatmebro

tired.gif
with a business degree... you could start off as a manager at a retail store making $35K and puttin in 50+ hours a week.
with a business degree... you could start off as a financial consultant making $70K, or finding some corporate position in investing, marketing, or finance making upwards of $100K off top...

on the tail end of the career, you could still be working somewhere w/ 20+ years experience, making $60K going into retirement

on the tail end of the career, you could have 20+ years of experience, catching a CMO or CFO job making $750K and working 25 hours a week...

high ceiling, low floor fambs...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Biomed/technology is the future. It will completely change the way we practice medicine in the future. You may not even need a doctor.

truth. 
I believe the saying goes: if your doing something you love you'll never have to work another day in your life.

that's real talk 
pimp.gif

#comeatmebro

Very true.
I also think that "business" is the most common degree.

#comeatmebro

tired.gif
with a business degree... you could start off as a manager at a retail store making $35K and puttin in 50+ hours a week.
with a business degree... you could start off as a financial consultant making $70K, or finding some corporate position in investing, marketing, or finance making upwards of $100K off top...

on the tail end of the career, you could still be working somewhere w/ 20+ years experience, making $60K going into retirement

on the tail end of the career, you could have 20+ years of experience, catching a CMO or CFO job making $750K and working 25 hours a week...

high ceiling, low floor fambs...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Glad thats my major.

Highest paying right off the bat would be your various engineering degrees. Also finance and computer science. A S.T.E.M degree is a "safe" way to go, but the ceiling is not as high as your various business degrees. I chose Molecular Biology because I know it is steady, although the ceiling isnt very high

Back
Top Bottom