What Artist, Album, or Song put you onto Hip Hop?

The first hip hop music I heard I think and I really don't recall that well was either some Mc Hammer like They Put Me In A Jam or Pray if it wasn'tthat it was DJ Gandmaster Flash and The Furious 5's The Message. I was always hearin other songs but these songs I actually listened to and how the style,rhyming was just attracted me to it.

My older brother was a huge factor too

smokin.gif

lol i was born into hip hop...i am hip hop... nobody put me on to hip hop... but im from cleveland so u already know what it was back in the day...str8 bone$+%$...

Just growing up listening to 92.3 The Beat. Hearing Snoop & Pac all day. I remember listening to Cube "It Was A Good Day" back when I was realyoung too.

Biggie - Juicy (Ready To Die) Made me love hip hop at age 8
But that run dmc/aerosmith when i was like 4 introducted me or even rakim

Hip hop been around me since I was born, but I know the first album I bought was Mase- Harlem World

Damn! You dudes making me feel old.

For me it wasnt a particular artist or song. When I was about 5 or 6, there was a park across the street from my building and atleast once a month they hadjams in the park. The DJ with his system plugged into the street light a few b-boy battles and hundreds of ppl. I was never allowed to go, but I had an awesomeview from my fire escape.

But the oldest record I can remember was "The Message". First time I heard that song I thought Melle Mel lived down the street the way he wastalking.

No idea really. But I'm a young dude
laugh.gif
only 16 so I'm not goingto say some nas/jay. But I can remember asking for a eminem album when I was in elementary school like 3rd or 4th grade.

I always listened 'cause it was on a lot at home, but the first song I really got into was probably Puff/Mase - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down.

I was born into hip-hop...But my pops use to always listen to Wu-Tang and A Tribe Called Quest,so thats what i listened to

Don't remember a specific song, but everyone wants to be like their older brother when they are little. When he would go out with his friends, I wouldsneak into his room & take his cassettes. MC Lyte, Slick Rick, Kane, BDP The D.O.C. all got knocked by a young iLLscan.

lol i was born into hip hop...i am hip hop... nobody put me on to hip hop...
yup, there was no first song, 'black music' was the only type around me...Kris Kross tho, I remember having that album in the walkman whenI was little, I still got that tape...if it wasnt that or Hammer it was some LA $%!@ prolly...

Back
Top Bottom