What Brand/Company is overall da most "fan servicey"

i walked by a GameStop earlier today and saw this poster for smash bros.

wp3538011.jpg

i thought it was pretty awesome, not only asthetically, but because its drippin in fan service, so many iconic characters in one game from multiple companies squaring off...ish you dreamed of when you a lil kid...

i seen this homage to da 1996 nike ads earlier this week
on da surprise concord drop & i thought it was cool...

air-jordan-11-concord-surprise-nike-snkrs-release.jpg

what companies, you feel really intune with their fans on that type of level? Marvel is another one thats super wit it.

Last edited:
Yup you already said it.

Marvel.

Not only do they make great relatable films for the general fan on the surface level they drape every film with a myriad of Easter eggs that only those in the know would be aware of.

truth be told
not too many companies do fan service
which is why i appreciate the companies that do
shows me
or at least makes me believe
they appreciate their fans/customers

On a smaller scale compared to what was already mentioned but I'd say Toei Animation, if your a Dragonball fan you know exactly what I'm talking about

You’re exactly right. Dragon Ball resurgence was in full effect at that top of this year. Goku is legit about to be in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade and will be on advertisement for the 2020 Olympics. Amazing.

You’re exactly right. Dragon Ball resurgence was in full effect at that top of this year. Goku is legit about to be in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade and will be on advertisement for the 2020 Olympics. Amazing.
Were getting a 4th Broly movie, thats all that needs to be said

i dont think they do fan service
but actually take advantage of fan loyalty

I do agree but there’s definitely a fan service component to it. Look out OG boxes and OG branding on some shoes like Air Jordan’s. They’d still sell just fine without them but they add them to appease fans. They can justify a price increase because of it however.

Were getting a 4th Broly movie, thats all that needs to be said

It’s ridiculous. And the spoilers of the movie purely suggest that fans are about to eat every bit of it up.

Don’t even get me started on that movie. I think it’s been well documented on NT my NUMEROUS gripes with that film. One of the biggest being character regression...

We go from “If this be my destiny” all or nothing boy to man in the face of death...

1599C943-C553-4380-AACF-4077F778A0EF.gif

To “I don’t wanna go, I’m scared!” from man to boy

EB04F0DB-DDB6-45F1-80E5-90F01A176C19.gif

Marvel is being the geniuses that they were knew that the film was biting off more than it could chew and had to shoe horn a cheap shot of emotion.

truth be told
not too many companies do fan service
which is why i appreciate the companies that do
shows me
or at least makes me believe
they appreciate their fans/customers

I hate when super snobby nerds/fanboys of things complain that “fan service” is a bad thing. Nope, its all good and welcomed, as far as I’m concerned.

Last night a co-worker of mine went on for 30 minutes about how he hunted down a smash brothers switch bundle and how dope the art on the switch and box are. Nintendo seems to hit this on the head time and again.

Back
Top Bottom