?

Tell your friend that even MJ got cut

but I bet your friend is no MJ, if he was he would be on the team
laugh.gif

tell him to ask the coach if he can attend the practices....

if he is better then 4/12 players, he should show it in the practice and EARN a spot

Originally Posted by ajcollector9290

I want to confront the coach, but then I feel like it may hinder my playing time.

I don't care if there may be consequences for me.

hm.

highschool sports are a lot of politics, atleast thats how it was in my school.

if he's only better than 4 players then he wouldn't have gotten PT anyways

at my school only 7-8 players get burn and the rest are reserves

let it go.

Do what Reeceman says. There was a kid that didn't make the initial tryouts but stayed on the team and eventually earned a spot.

^ yeah thats how my school is, but if you take out the people who are guaranteed a spot then you really deserve it. did you friend really work hard like beingfirst in every line drill and all that, or did he take it all no shalant(sp)

man up and tell the coach. If you and the players that confront him are good at all then he may listen to your opinion and could reconsider. or just have yourboy show up to practice anyways

unless you're the star player on your team, i don't think you got any leeway with the coaches.

that's really the only thing you can do.

it's the coach's decisions to decide to whose on the team and whose not.

Don't do an anonymously signed letter because they coach can't take that as seriously. If your other friends truly feel as they do, then if all of youtalked to the coach, your other friend would have a likelier chance of getting put on the team. The problem now is if it is strictly limited to 12 players,then another player who gets cut may complain, and that's not a situation the coach would probably want.

Tell your boy to work on his game and come back and try out again next year. Even if he is better than 4 of the players on the team, did you ever think thatmaybe those guys bring something to the team that your boy doesn't?

Originally Posted by ReeceMan10

if he is better then 4/12 players, he should show it in the practice and EARN a spot

This is the only option. You telling the coach how you feel will do just that but he or she based their decision off of SOMETHING. You can't discountthat. If the team is restricted to 12 players and someone else loses a spot because your friend wanted in, then that hardly seems fair when the decisions arealready made. I understand wanting to play w/ your friends and all but in the grand scheme of things this isn't the end of the world.

He should go to your rival school and play basketball there. Then he could scorch all of ya'll and show your coach what's up.

Well I realized that there was a semi-contradiction made by myself while writing this, but the second statement greatly exceeds the first one.
in that case, i think most of the people here have got the right idea.
just ask the coach if he can attend a practice. i can't see anything else.

He'll be a good addition to the practice squad?

Then maybe your friend can prove his worth there...

I came into Lawrence North from Lawrence Central right after tryouts. I made the LC team but had to transfer to LN. LC's coach gave LN coach a heads up. Iouthustled everyone in practice. I was still on the B squad so I murked everyone during my 9 minutes of the first B game scoring about 15. I moved up to the Ateam.

I think that you should tell your friend to talk to the coach himself, and ask if he can still attend practices. If you go to the coach and ask for him, thecoach will loose respect for your friend because he didn't have the guts to ask him himself. If you ask, it will also look as if your friend didn'twant to be on the team that badly because he didn't even make an effort to take care of the situation himself.

But, if the coach does allow your friend to attend practices, he better make sure to give it his all. Because if the coach has even the slightest sense of himslacking, it could affect his chances to make the team next year.

Back
Top Bottom